Melbourne Football

Football Memorabilia

Young Polak

I found, from my experience that collecting football memorabilia is one of the most enjoyable shit to do to express my footballism. So I'll just create this thread if any other person here collects or has any football memorabilia they like to share or even discuss about memorabilia's they saw or even considering purchasing it.

So far I have purchased:

- Wojciech Szczesny signed glove (Framed)

- Lukasz Fabianski signed glove (Framed)

- Tomasz Kuszczak signed glove (Framed)

- Arsenal replica home top season 2011/2012, whole squads signatures including Thierry Henry on the back with his name and number printed when he made a return this year

- "The Invincibles" Arsenal away top 2003/2004 Whole squad signatures on it

- Jerzy Dudek used gloves when he played for Liverpool (2002 gloves) , both gloves signed with a certificate of authentication straight from the Liverpool club

All items came with a COA and I'll be framing the remaining items.

If you are interested, I could post pics of them in this thread.

From Jan to Feb this year, I never spent my birthday money and my part time cash in the past, spent on this shit, have a fair bit left over :) considering to get a EURO 2012 Poland top with squad signatures, just waiting for my seller to get his staff down there for the event. I have two main sellers, one is cheap, I could link you guys to his store, framed gloves are around from 90- 130 + plus 22 on postage, sometimes postage is free, signed tops are averaging at $150 free postage. --> (ebay)

My second seller that supplies squad signatures, they auction shit at a starting of $160 + 40 postage but a buy now price of $250 but you must message him about that, I only bought the 2012 arsenal top from him plus a chelsea top that was on clearence for $90 total ( LOL WTF? ) for my brothers birthday as a surprise.

They are all good quality pieces I must say.

Edited by Young Polak

In terms of my Football Memorabilia I have two pieces in particular which are my favourites from my collection.

1. Match Worn Signed shirt from Alan Shearer 1996-97 season.

2. One of my Great-Uncle's old Ajax shirts from the 50s.

words don't describe how awesome that is!

love to see photo's of them too :lol:

my collection consists of

A Melbourne Heart framed top signed by the whole squad last year

A Melbourne Demons (AFL team) signed football from the late 80's

will buy a signed Leo Messi framed collage within a month :D :D :D :D :D

My favourite piece of Memorabila, would have to be this years Celtic FC kit, signed by the whole team and coach, still waiting to get it framed though.

:o nice!

looking around for a rangers signed top, not many people stock them though. where did you get yours?

My Grandma went to Scotland last year, came back with the Jersey signed. I was stoked when I first saw it, I couldn't really speak I was that excited.. It turned out to be that my Grandma's Sisters Friend is good friends with someone at the club, and that is how it all worked out, so I was pretty happy about that.

Don't buy this shit as I tend to spend my money on more important shit like beer and cocaine.

I do have a knack of winning competitions though, won the Riquelme/Palermo signed Boca jersey last year. Excellence in bullshit lads.

• Like 3

• I won a quiz on SEN about 6 years ago, I was about 11 and they gave me a VISITORS top signed by the entire 06-07 championship team (worth a bit though, that is why I haven't used it as toilet paper yet).
  • I have about 50 Collingwood football cards signed by players from about 10 years ago, so I'll be keeping them
  • Dad has a signed Pele ball
  • He also has a pair of Nathan Buckley worn boots given to him by the man himself

So I have some pretty decent stuff around the house I must say

It's because there no good ;)

My Grandma went to Scotland last year, came back with the Jersey signed. I was stoked when I first saw it, I couldn't really speak I was that excited.. It turned out to be that my Grandma's Sisters Friend is good friends with someone at the club, and that is how it all worked out, so I was pretty happy about that.

what an amazing story! i bet you wouldve been more than pretty happy ;)

rangers are much better then the hoops, its just that we have no money :(

looking around for a rangers signed top, not many people stock them though. where did you get yours?

My saved seller (ebay) is selling a 2012 Rangers top signed which consists of:

Allan McGregor

Dorin Goian

David Weir

Kirk Broadfoot

Saša Papac

Lee McCulloch

Maurice Edu

Steven Davis

Nikica Jelavić

John Fleck

Kyle Lafferty

Lee Wallace

Steven Naismith

David Healy

Steven Whittaker

Carlos Bocanegra

Kyle Bartley

Gregg Wylde

Thomas Kind Bendiksen

Ally McCoist

Auction starts at $160 plus another 40 for postage, ends in 4 days but you can message the guy to "Buy it now" for 250 + 40 for postage, if you are keen here is his name:

oto-graphz

title of listed item:

2012 Rangers FC signed shirt jersey Broadfoot Weir Naismith Edu + COA

Edited by Young Polak

My saved seller (ebay) is selling a 2012 Rangers top signed which consists of:

Allan McGregor

Dorin Goian

David Weir

Kirk Broadfoot

Saša Papac

Lee McCulloch

Maurice Edu

Steven Davis

Nikica Jelavić

John Fleck

Kyle Lafferty

Lee Wallace

Steven Naismith

David Healy

Steven Whittaker

Carlos Bocanegra

Kyle Bartley

Gregg Wylde

Thomas Kind Bendiksen

Ally McCoist

Auction starts at $160 plus another 40 for postage, ends in 4 days but you can message the guy to "Buy it now" for 250 + 40 for postage, if you are keen here is his name:

oto-graphz

title of listed item:

2012 Rangers FC signed shirt jersey Broadfoot Weir Naismith Edu + COA

Just saw his selling a Newcastle one, also noticed my birthday is in 2 weeks.

here is his name:

oto-graphz

ohhh yeah, i've heard of that guy before.

my mate bought a signed Argentina Jersey from him for $100 incl. postage. ($100 !!)

this included leo messi's signature so it left me a little skeptical...

but im defs considering it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

words don't describe how awesome that is!

love to see photo's of them too :lol:

my collection consists of

A Melbourne Heart framed top signed by the whole squad last year

A Melbourne Demons (AFL team) signed football from the late 80's

will buy a signed Leo Messi framed collage within a month :D :D :D :D :D

finally a fellow demonite!

as far as my collection, i have a shirt from last years international rules series that is signed by the whole team

ohhh yeah, i've heard of that guy before.

my mate bought a signed Argentina Jersey from him for $100 incl. postage. ($100 !!)

this included leo messi's signature so it left me a little skeptical...

but im defs considering it :rolleyes:

would have been on clearance, bought a chelsea 1 for $90 for my brothers birthday

finally a fellow demonite!

as far as my collection, i have a shirt from last years international rules series that is signed by the whole team

thats right mate :D finally two of us!

thats a sweet shirt, hang onto that one !

it was a hand-me-down from my dad, he has a couple of other resonable melb demons pieces.

got my membership secured for this year also (Y)

Edited by nicotera5

Probably the best thing I collected is the complete set of fourteen 1988 Kormica stuffed AFL Ruckles (Mascots).

It took me two years buying them separately most of the time on Ebay and a few in collectors stores and I think one or two from Savers.

The hardest two in money and finding terms were actually WCE and Sydney, surprisingly there were quite a few Brisbane Bears around.

• Like 1

Going through some old junk recently I found a good piece of crappy memorabilia. Back in the early '90's I won a competition on SBS's On The Ball. The prize was a signed copy of Frank Arok's book 'My Beloved Socceroos' which came with a letter signed by Andy Paschalidis. It probably wouldn't be worth anything, but has sentimental value. Flicking through it brings back some great memories of watching the Socceroos as a kid.

Also got a Heart top signed by the squad & JVS last year which is framed.

• Like 1

Going through some old junk recently I found a good piece of crappy memorabilia. Back in the early '90's I won a competition on SBS's On The Ball. The prize was a signed copy of Frank Arok's book 'My Beloved Socceroos' which came with a letter signed by Andy Paschalidis. It probably wouldn't be worth anything, but has sentimental value. Flicking through it brings back some great memories of watching the Socceroos as a kid.

Also got a Heart top signed by the squad & JVS last year which is framed.

Out of curiosity, did you purchase the signed heart top, or did you go to AAMI park and asked for their signature pre/post game?

I went to training one day to get most of the signatures and got a few at the family day. The family day will be announced after the end of the season I'd say. But there will be heaps of people there so it's better to go to a training session if you can. They're on weekday mornings but not sure what days. The players were really good and will be happy to sign your shirt. If you approach Colosimo, he should look after you. ;)

I went to training one day to get most of the signatures and got a few at the family day. The family day will be announced after the end of the season I'd say. But there will be heaps of people there so it's better to go to a training session if you can. They're on weekday mornings but not sure what days. The players were really good and will be happy to sign your shirt. If you approach Colosimo, he should look after you. ;)

Probs just wait til I hit 18, get a home jersy, get my name and number 18 printed on my back and just rock up to their training and get some signatures, then I'll frame it.

Edited by Young Polak

• 1 month later...