Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

I think it's reasonable enough to have discussion about any transfer where there's evidence that we've made enquiries about the player concerned. Whether or not he comes to Heart, and whether or not Victory are also involved. Far more reasonable than posting some of the names that have been put up in this thread.

In that context...Flores has clearly upset Adelaide in his most recent move. So much so that they've released a fairly detailed statement about the affair. It's up on the HAL website. Makes interesting reading. If we extrapolate Adelaide's position to our own, it's fairly clear that we had no chance of securing his services, and that he's going to be on a package of the order of $575,000 per year while at Victory.

"The club’s negotiations and record of contact with Flores were as follows:

"June 2011 A contract offer to Flores of $1 million for 3 years was rejected. Flores demanded to be released to China citing Melbourne Victory was an option in the January transfer window if he was not released.

"April 2012 Whilst still under contract in China, Flores’ agents put a proposal to Adelaide United for a $575k package per year to return to Adelaide. The club declined the deal.

"May 2012 Adelaide United made its highest ever offer for a player or coach for Flores to return to Adelaide. This was rejected by Flores’ agents.

"June 2012 Flores’ agents put another proposal to Adelaide which was beyond the club’s means."

Adelaide also blamed Flores for not giving the club enough time to make room for the midfielder in their salary cap, and suggested Victory's financial power was a key factor in the former Johnny Warren Medallist's decision to move to Melbourne.

"The two overriding factors in the Flores signing are 1) Adelaide United could not afford his demands, and 2) Melbourne Victory, a club with a turnover of $13 million, has more resources than Adelaide United with a turnover of $6 million and hence can outbid this club.

"It has happened to South Australia in other sporting codes and now it has happened here."

Edited by jw1739

well that just adds to the reasons why signing Flores would have been great for us doesn't it?

Adelaide united as a football club is obviously not happy, and all stakeholders of that club, especially the fans, are fuming.

Could have been the start of a great rivalry between us and Adelaide, which is what we as a club need with another a-league team other than victory.

Some questions that hopefully can be answered:

What times / days are the boys training at the moment - i want to try and get past Latrobe and see how they are going?

Does anyone know who is officially on trial with us at moment?

Does anyone know how many scouts the club has scouting out and about at the moment? It seems that we are a bit limited in this regard - didn't Skoko recommend Patrick Gerhardt?

My gut tells me we will be competitive this season. Perhaps not win the title, but finals most likely.

My gut also tells me that this season will purposefully be lacking in signings, because of next year/season.

Next year:

• Madaschi's contract finishes in Korea;
  • Bresciano's contract finishes in Middle East;
  • Josh Kennedy's contract finishes in Japan.

So why waste money this season, when we can save it, do alright, and then dominate the signings for 13/14?

As for Kennedy, I have become friends with a close relative of his, and when his contract ends in Japan next year, Josh is very keen to come back to Melbourne, with a large chance of Heart being his preference.

• Like 1

Culina has been working with Sky Blues physio Stan Ivancic on his injury - effectively giving Sydney FC a head start in what could become a three-horse race for his signature. Western Sydney Wanderers and Central Coast Mariners are also keen on Culina, who has been sidelined for 18 months since damaging his knee playing for Australia at the Asian Cup.

Meanwhile former Sydney FC striker Kerem Bulut is the latest transfer target of the Wanderers, who need to shore up their attacking options. Bulut, 20, finished last season as a loan player with Czech side Mlada Boleslav.

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/football/culina-may-be-next-on-sydney-fcs-shopping-list-20120705-21ioz.html

so it looks like we can cross Culina off the list even though I think a 1 year deal could've worked out well. AND what's even more annoying is we aren't even mentioned to be interested in Bulut and even if we are, we have competition from WS.

I'm struggling to think of any decent players left the club can sign. They're still sleeping over at heart HQ by the sound of things

I thought I saw that Bulut has just gone to a Turkish club? We had no idea about Gerhardt until a few days before, the club always keep their potential signings on the low down, so the chances of us hearing about them whilst they're in the pipeworks is next to none.

I'd love to know who we are looking at but if the club keeps it quiet I am confident they are after some good players.

We know we can't compete based on money and I'm sure JD is using all the leverage he has to make signings be patient I'm sure there is a grand plan and 13 doomsday scenarios a day from fans won't make a lick of difference. I'd really like to see a couple get promoted from the youth and a shrewd signing or two from overseas (obviously one has to be a returning Australian).

I think our team is shaping up pretty well we really just need a source of goals (int striker) and some extra legs for injuries (fred) etc.

tbh i like the club keeping there signing on a down low. despite them not being the best and up to peoples expectation.

us as supporters always seem to know who we are going to sign before the club does therefore the excitiment isnt as high as a signing someone who was out of no where.

i prefer that surprise element to it. just saying

well that just adds to the reasons why signing Flores would have been great for us doesn't it?

Adelaide united as a football club is obviously not happy, and all stakeholders of that club, especially the fans, are fuming.

Could have been the start of a great rivalry between us and Adelaide, which is what we as a club need with another a-league team other than victory.

rofl, flores signing for us wouldnt create a great rivarly, the reason thier fans are fuming is because he went to thier biggest rival, if they weren't rivals the fans probably wouldn't care too much

To be honest they would, when he left he said he would like to return to Adelaide, instead joins another club in the same league 18 months later let alone their biggest rivals.

some would be pissed off, but i doubt the majority would hold a grudge.

To be honest they would, when he left he said he would like to return to Adelaide, instead joins another club in the same league 18 months later let alone their biggest rivals.

some would be pissed off, but i doubt the majority would hold a grudge.

We are talking about hardcore ANTIFA Ultras here.

• Like 2

I was talking with another Heart member at work who has just renewed his membership for next season. He is looking forward to the kick off and believes we will have a good chance this year and that we will sign a few more quality players before the season starts. He doesn't pretend to know what the club is proposing.

Could be that we are too busy discussing things we know nothing about, starting rumours without any basis (fun though it might be for some) and ending up disapointed when nothing comes to fruition. Perhaps my workmate has it right (and yes I know I can go and get stuffed etc. - in case you might have suggested it).

I look forward to hearing some positive news soon, and it will have to be soon as the season is getting closer and closer.

• Like 2

A few brief comments.

There is still ample time for Heart to strengthen the squad, with 3 months remaining until the season starts. Yes, I believe its true that the club wants to improve its bottom line, but there is no reason why Heart can't improve its finances AND strengthen the squad at the same time (e.g. with the signing of a proven striker to replace Babalj).

I believe Curtis Good will eventually be sold to Newcastle, with the transfer dragging on longer than expected. Now that Heart have secured another defender in Gray I can't help but think that a deal must be close, which will provide Heart will another few hundred thousand to play with.

How many people knew of Patrick Gerhardt? How many people thought Heart should try and sign Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, that is, before it was revealed that the club was trying to lure him to the A-League? The fact is in football there is literally a world of players, with many of them being able to perform very well in the A-League. Germano was an unknown international player who has played admirably at Heart, on a very cheap salary. So overall its impossible to know who Heart might sign, and it is completely unfounded to assume that there are no good players anywhere left for Heart to sign.

Lastly, I don't care if Marcos Flores is the best player in the A-League (I don't think he is, anyway). Maybe Kewell was the best player last season, but if so it clearly didn't help Victory. One of the things I appreciate best about Heart is how strong the team is overall. the sum is stronger than the individual parts. Heart have a good claim to possessing the best team in the league, a team that managed last season to outclass Victory in all derbies and gain 2 draws and a win, and a team that even managed to draw twice and win once over A-League Champions Brisbane Roar. With a squad that plays so well together, and that utilises a philosophy based on passing, possession and teamwork (not relying on a star player or two), Heart have a very good team that can is not only good to watch but can also beat any other club. Why whine about so-called big name players when you have a superior team?

To my judgement things are looking good. And I'm sure those at Heart HQ know more things then me, and probably have some things in the works to make Heart's outlook even better.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

What is Maceo Ritgers doing with himself these days since GCU died?

Obv not the huge glamour striker we have been hoping for but have lost faith in the clubs ability to attract a big name (well big for the a league).

When he wasn't injured was one of the positives this year for the gold coast and when he gets onto one, fuck me does he hit it hard.

With the right service and having played a year in the a-league I think he is more than capable.

• Like 1

We need a big, strong, frequent scorer. Rigters would add nothing that Mate, Willo and Golgol don't already have.

Dyron Daal, proven enough in the HAL, whilst he was at the worst club in the league.

Don't think we should sign Rigters but what an insult to the bloke saying he'd add nothing on Willo and Gol Gol... shits all over the two of them. Although he was too lazy for my liking anyway.

Richard Porta would be lovely

The visistors just signed Milligan. They will smash us in the opening round if we don't start finalizing our squad.

Can you go join them too?

All you have done on this forum is whinge and talk about Greek flogs.

Joe Mirabella in disguise?

Can you go join them too?

All you have done on this forum is whinge and talk about Greek flogs.

Joe Mirabella in disguise?

I love it when Joe comes to Bergers games copes it so fucken hard from all the Old Cunts:

"Mirabella you Scillian Malaka".

I dont know why he fucken comes, I have seen three times already this season:

I think he thrives of ppl hating him.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

The visistors just signed Milligan. They will smash us in the opening round if we don't start finalizing our squad.

Fuck me... Do you have a black sweeping fringe and wear mascara!?

Back to talking about a team called Melbourne Heart, you might know of them. I asked JD about Porta and he hosed it down saying that we couldn't afford him, he played under Diego etc. Hope he is just fobbing me off and keeping it quiet, would be awesome!