Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Not sure what you consider paying dividends but CFC finished 2nd the season RA bought them and had a league title the year after. They were also a top 4 (CL) side already too. Nothing has changed for V*ctory, they were always the glamour (richest) club and we are in a salary capped league. Pointless comparison.

Exactly, second. And their objective was to win. And they were already up the top of the league. No doubt $ buys you a few percent of improvement, but selective buys and good management gets you a long way, I.e. Newcastle in the recent premier league season. My comparison was related to investing big $ in well known players, not to having your club bought by a billionaire.

I agree that this thread is full of over reactions and whatever. But I think people have got a right to be disappointed with missing out on Flores. We wanted him. He would've been a great signing for us. And he's signed with our biggest rivals instead.

I can rationalise it to a point as well - a striker is a bigger priority for us, he's probably not worth the money, we've still got room for good signings etc...

But it's still disappointing.

When we signed Gol Gol and Gray, I believe JD said we still had a large chunk of cash to put towards securing an out and out striker. If we have made a solid bid for Flores and missed him (not a good look), it wouldn't have left much for the striker we are meant to be after.

It is always disapointing when the others sign a quality player, especially if we are in for them.

I look forward to when we announce our final squad with a couple more quality additions, things are settled and we can look forward to the start of the season with confidence, especially to beat those in blue.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 2

I thought that Victory had also indicated they were after a striker after HK left? If my memory does serve me correctly I just think they've blown their load over Flores being available and gone after him hard. Like someone pointed out earlier, that really just leaves them with Thompson and Allsop.

When we signed Gol Gol and Gray, I believe JD said we still had a large chunk of cash to put towards securing an out and out striker. If we have made a solid bid for Flores and missed him (not a good look), it wouldn't have left much for the striker we are meant to be after.

It is always disapointing when the others sign a quality player, especially if we are in for them.

I look forward to when we announce our final squad with a couple more quality additions, things are settled and we can look forward to the start of the season with confidence, especially to beat those in blue.

Yes, we missed out on Flores, but that means we still have one visa spot remaining, plus five other spots if we really want to go to 23 players now or later in the season, plus we've still got the wages that we would have thrown at Flores.

Yes it's disappointing, but not the end of the world.

Hopefully we will find a good visa player for the last spot, but let's not forget that we're also there to promote local talent. None of our four signings so far is a local boy. I'd be more than happy to see Patterson, J. Walker and Konstantinidis, just to name three, given a chance either now or next season. These kids can play.

MV may be the big boys now, but keep the faith. Our day will come.

I love this tweet from JD. In response to a question about whether we will sign a big name:

@Jdidulica: we make our own big names- if you want to see future Socceroos, come and join the Heart.

Don't even know what to say to that, apart from what I said to him which was that those players will just leave after one good season anyway.

i get where JD is coming from with that comment, but if we aren't successful we won't have 'future socceroos' at our club because they won't want to be playing for us. We need to have that special something that lures players and makes them want to choose our club over the others. Something that makes us stand out.

We have had it the last 2 seasons under JVS, because we were the only team who had an Ajax youth team coach/Ajax senior interim coach/Dutch assistant coach etc... and i'm sure many players would have seen that as a priceless opportunity to learn under someone with that experience. Obviously we don't have the big money to throw around but at least we had that. I think the club was hoping for Aloisi to have a similar effect, and to australian footballers he does to an extent, but not so much on the world stage when recruiting visa players.

Brisbane have had it the last couple of season with the fact that they are the champions, so obviously a lot of players would want to be playing there. Mariners and mot recently Perth have had the same lure recently from being at the top of the league. And Victory have it because they have the big money to throw around and can call themselves the "biggest" a-league club.

We need to find that 'lure' if we want to continue to have talent such as babalj, curtis good, and players like flores etc... seriously consider coming to our club.

I know one of our former youth players who still raves about the influence JA had on him. However, it appears either JA isn't the draw card the club was hoping for, there is a problem with attracting players to the club (eg. perhaps the fact we dumped half our squad doesn't fill other players with confidence), or perhaps there are signings being kept under wraps and all will be revealed soon.

I love this tweet from JD. In response to a question about whether we will sign a big name:

@Jdidulica: we make our own big names- if you want to see future Socceroos, come and join the Heart.

Don't even know what to say to that, apart from what I said to him which was that those players will just leave after one good season anyway.

If you read JD's tweets in the past few hours you'll see that the club is not going to budge on the issue of spending on 'name' players or buying success. We're not going to do it.

I understand them not wanting to buy a big name players.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that we apparently should just be happy that our club is producing good young players, and not really be bothered that we have very little chance of winning the league. This may change of course if we do sign good players but I just feel like we keep missing out -Ange, Halloran, Flores.

I doubt anyone else was fighting us for Gray or Golgol, I just want one player to choose Heart over other teams. I'm probably taking it way too personally haha.

Ok will be more positive from now on.

tired of reading about the neighbours too! how about our own club's transfer rumours....anyone? what happened to christian7? at least he/she provided some excitement..........

Edited by Pandev

tired of reading about the neighbours too! how about our own club's transfer rumours....anyone? what happened to christian7? at least he/she provided some excitement..........

Indeed, where is Christian7? Come back dude, what's the latest?

I don't know where the hysteria is coming from. Overall things are good.

Heart have released/sold 11 players:

- Eli Babalj (Red Star Belgrade)

- Adrian Zahra (Perth Glory)

- Rutger Worm (released)

- Alex Terra (released)

- Kristian Sarkies (released)

- Kamal Ibrahim (released)

- Kliment Taseski (released)

- Maycon (released)

- Nikola Roganovic (released)

- Craig Goodwin (Newcastle Jets)

- Wayne Srhoj (released)

I'm also tipping Curtis Good to get his dream move to Newcastle

4 players have been signed for next season:

- Andrew Redmayne

- Patrick Gerhardt

- Golgol Mebrahtu

- Steven Gray

A lot of players Heart got rid of were inconsistent or underperformed. The 4 players Heart have signed are all useful and fine signings (as I said in other threads). Heart have one visa spot left, that will probably be used for a proven quality striker. We want them to take their time and sign the best player possible. Before we know it, like with Gerhardt, a good striker will be announced. Personally I find it good having these surprise announcements, compared with chasing up rumours and leaks, like every Brazilian Maycon who might join Heart.

Heart contact a lot of players and make inquiries about them. For instance, Heart have been linked with the one and only Ronaldo, Kevin Gamiero, Harry Kewell, Carlos Hernandez, Marcos Flores etc etc etc. The point is Heart actively talk with a lot of players, and its better to contact a lot of players, even if they'd be coup signings, rather than settle for unambitious, convenient signings (something many A-League clubs are guilty of IMO). Signing Skoko, Aloisi, Fred, Dugandzic, Sibon and IMO Gerhardt are examples of why people should have faith in Heart's recruitment.

I'll finish this up. Who cares how many players Heart have 'discovered'? Victory clearly don't prioritise discovering players, with Flores and Solorzano proving the point. Heart do find some quality players, like Babalj and Good, but also Heart are very good at making players much better, like Behich and Dugandzic.

Overall, Heart are astute with signings. We were in the top 4 for much of last season, and we are just a signing or two away from being able to compete at that level again.

• Like 1

I don't know where the hysteria is coming from. Overall things are good.

Heart have released/sold 11 players:

- Eli Babalj (Red Star Belgrade)

- Adrian Zahra (Perth Glory)

- Rutger Worm (released)

- Alex Terra (released)

- Kristian Sarkies (released)

- Kamal Ibrahim (released)

- Kliment Taseski (released)

- Maycon (released)

- Nikola Roganovic (released)

- Craig Goodwin (Newcastle Jets)

- Wayne Srhoj (released)

I'm also tipping Curtis Good to get his dream move to Newcastle

4 players have been signed for next season:

- Andrew Redmayne

- Patrick Gerhardt

- Golgol Mebrahtu

- Steven Gray

A lot of players Heart got rid of were inconsistent or underperformed. The 4 players Heart have signed are all useful and fine signings (as I said in other threads). Heart have one visa spot left, that will probably be used for a proven quality striker. We want them to take their time and sign the best player possible. Before we know it, like with Gerhardt, a good striker will be announced. Personally I find it good having these surprise announcements, compared with chasing up rumours and leaks, like every Brazilian Maycon who might join Heart.

Heart contact a lot of players and make inquiries about them. For instance, Heart have been linked with the one and only Ronaldo, Kevin Gamiero, Harry Kewell, Carlos Hernandez, Marcos Flores etc etc etc. The point is Heart actively talk with a lot of players, and its better to contact a lot of players, even if they'd be coup signings, rather than settle for unambitious, convenient signings (something many A-League clubs are guilty of IMO). Signing Skoko, Aloisi, Fred, Dugandzic, Sibon and IMO Gerhardt are examples of why people should have faith in Heart's recruitment.

I'll finish this up. Who cares how many players Heart have 'discovered'? Victory clearly don't prioritise discovering players, with Flores and Solorzano proving the point. Heart do find some quality players, like Babalj and Good, but also Heart are very good at making players much better, like Behich and Dugandzic.

Overall, Heart are astute with signings. We were in the top 4 for much of last season, and we are just a signing or two away from being able to compete at that level again.

excellent post. true reflection of reality at our young club.

Bottom line for me is that right now we are a weaker team than last year. Last year we were still a fair way off the pace, and now we're weaker. John Didlucia is writing stuff on twitter like "No point of having a name payer for the sake of a name".... But cmon seriously, I dont give a shit about names, I want quality. If we don't strengthen our squad theres no way we're gonna win the league. We couldn't do it last year with a stronger squad so how can we do it now?

And I don't mind the idea of unearthing future stars ect... but in the case of players like Bablj leaving and the club getting a good fee for them, then the fee should be spent strengthening the squad. What's the point of this youth strategy if you lose the talent before it matures and you don't use the windfall to strengthen the team? It just seems pointless.

I honestly have thought over the last two years that Heart will eventually out grow Victory in terms of support. But if they keep getting big names and exciting names compared to use getting no names then we'll always be second fiddle.

• Like 2

Bottom line for me is that right now we are a weaker team than last year. Last year we were still a fair way off the pace, and now we're weaker. John Didlucia is writing stuff on twitter like "No point of having a name payer for the sake of a name".... But cmon seriously, I dont give a shit about names, I want quality. If we don't strengthen our squad theres no way we're gonna win the league. We couldn't do it last year with a stronger squad so how can we do it now?

And I don't mind the idea of unearthing future stars ect... but in the case of players like Bablj leaving and the club getting a good fee for them, then the fee should be spent strengthening the squad. What's the point of this youth strategy if you lose the talent before it matures and you don't use the windfall to strengthen the team? It just seems pointless.

I honestly have thought over the last two years that Heart will eventually out grow Victory in terms of support. But if they keep getting big names and exciting names compared to use getting no names then we'll always be second fiddle.

fine post!! i agree with you 100%...IMO also i this we will outgrow victory in many ways but support will take a few more seasons...and we need a title...they have 2, and got 1 in there second season...in our second season we only just made finals.

but what ur saying is spot on!!!

fine post!! i agree with you 100%...IMO also i this we will outgrow victory in many ways but support will take a few more seasons...and we need a title...they have 2, and got 1 in there second season...in our second season we only just made finals.

but what ur saying is spot on!!!

Bit different us coming into the league so late, they have done jack shot with all their money since we have been in the league.

Bit different us coming into the league so late, they have done jack shot with all their money since we have been in the league.

They've continued to grow their membership. Continued to get bigger corwds than us. Considering they haven't had results, you'd have to say that their big signings have played a significant part in their growth.

It's pretty simple, we're both at the moment in a battle to sell memberships. One of the biggest tools right now is the media.

On the one hand Victory are in the media as signing the best player in the league.

Then theres Heart who have signed GolGol Meh!brat-who????

Sorry but we're losing the game at the moment.

There is a thread about the tards elsewhere, if you want to discuss them and how we compare with them then fuck off there. I am sick of reading blokes having a fucking whinge about who Victory sign, who gives a shit? They signed Kewell & Solorzano last year but where did that get them? They didn't even make the finals.

We have money and room in our squad up our sleeve, have faith in the blokes who run the club, they have shown before that they can uncover gems. If you want to whinge about the tards signing then GTFO.

Lets continue to talk about possible Heart signings in here and nothing else.

• Like 1

Anyway!!! can we now start talking about who is coming to us!!

I have this on all day at work waiting for some rumors lol...anyone know anything lol?

There is a thread about the tards elsewhere, if you want to discuss them and how we compare with them then fuck off there. I am sick of reading blokes having a fucking whinge about who Victory sign, who gives a shit? They signed Kewell & Solorzano last year but where did that get them? They didn't even make the finals.

We have money and room in our squad up our sleeve, have faith in the blokes who run the club, they have shown before that they can uncover gems. If you want to whinge about the tards signing then GTFO.

Lets continue to talk about possible Heart signings in here and nothing else.

my previous comment...

btw im on twitter people im just getting on the twitter buz..follow me @andrewmatheas

anyway i wonder if scott munn has tried to contact VOH again....his got a massive last name cbf even attempting to spell it.

i had some personal dealing with melbourne heart threw my job and i asked him coz it was all over the forums thins time last year and he said it fell threw...(the fact i even got an answer i was amazed)

does anyone think there is a decent player out there that we could actually get. (and by that i mean for a visa spot)

i said yesterday in this thread that i personally think we should be lloking in the greek leauge for the last visa spot.

some1 said stop suggesting it coz ur from there. (which i think is proberbly the stupidest thing ever)

but the want money theres none in greece...come here and play some football...

my previous comment...

btw im on twitter people im just getting on the twitter buz..follow me @andrewmatheas

anyway i wonder if scott munn has tried to contact VOH again....his got a massive last name cbf even attempting to spell it.

i had some personal dealing with melbourne heart threw my job and i asked him coz it was all over the forums thins time last year and he said it fell threw...(the fact i even got an answer i was amazed)

does anyone think there is a decent player out there that we could actually get. (and by that i mean for a visa spot)

i said yesterday in this thread that i personally think we should be lloking in the greek leauge for the last visa spot.

some1 said stop suggesting it coz ur from there. (which i think is proberbly the stupidest thing ever)

but the want money theres none in greece...come here and play some football...

FFS mate u have now given us a pic of yourself as well as your name.

I think you are one of those ppl that need to watch a ACA story about Internet Predators and Identity Thief with your parents. :rolleyes:

Edited by cadete

I think you are one of those ppl that need to watch a ACA story about Internet Predators and Identity Thief with your parents. :rolleyes:

In saying that there is a pic of me and my name is pretty obvious... I thrive on the predators though, tis not rape if you enjoy it! No one is good looking enough to steal my identity either.

As for Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (think I did that right), anyone of that stature or similar would be amazing. I can't be arsed thinking of options but I trust JD and JA to bring us a quality striker.

• Like 3

Ease up Champ!

my perants are dead.

• Like 1

@mayo19 aren't you listening? the greek league was discussed at the fan forum and they told us that despite the financial turmoil, players are still expecting big wages. so that's out.

wasnt aware, went back and read what u said before my bad.