Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

LFC too, this lad may as well have suggested RVP, because it is just as unlikely.

I don't know why people persist with these 'fun' hypotheticals, that will clearly never, ever happen.

someone like an Alan Smith or mabey in a few years Michael Owen i think would be a realistic goal for the A Leauge. but Rodallega who is clearly in the prme of his football life surely would never come to this leauge.

ricardo fuller possibly and saha geez i wish...

defintly a wired group of names to throw up....

however if fans are looking this optimistic you may as well throw kaka messi and xavi into the equation? (relaxxxxxxxx people im just being a smart ass lol)

in other news fuck it would be nice to get flores.....im thinking of chants already lol

I clearly stated it was all in good fun and wouldn't happen but next time I'll get approval before I post my "suggestion" so i dont throw this forum into derailment. I dont know why people persist on being self-righteous wankers.

Nah fuck em mate, continue to throw suggestions out there, even if they're next to no chance of happening. Better than considering noosing myself thinking about the next Maycon!

I'm really disappointed about this. Can't help it. If we can't afford Flores, won't get Bresh. This is what it must feel like to be one of the non big English clubs and know that because you can't afford it you will never win the league.

rofl ffs.

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 2

those victory cunts are killing me...

we wont sign anyone big...gunna be a long long season boys!!!

Just like the signing of Kewell seemed to work so well for them as a team last season.

So far they've signed a LB who can't defend, a holding midfielder who comes from the Portugese 2nd Division, a Brazilian midfielder who has more clubs on his resume than Hugh Heffner has had sexual partners and Flores. Their defence is still a shambles and they've lost their 3 best players from last season.

Their only improvement is Flores, they still don't have a decent defender on their books and they're relying on Archie Thompson and Danny Allsop to provide the lions share of their goals. I think we're looking fine with a few spots left on the roster if we can bring in a decent striker.

• Like 1

Remember Chelsea splashing the cash when the russian first took over? it still took several years to pay dividends despite the fact they could buy anyone they wanted. Everyone thought it would be overnight success but a team is built on players who can work effectively together and play a role for the team. I'm not too bothered. I'm looking forward to seeing our next three signings and the pre-season games. I can't wait to see us smash victory in the first derby. Then the laugh will be on them - again!

Victory continue to out do us as far as signings go.... seriously we've lost our best avenue to goal and added nothing exciting... we're becoming the bargain basement team of melbourne. We need a huge signing

We don't need a huge signing, we need a good team. Think about the whole team rather than just individuals.

• Like 2

Yes, Flores is worth what Victory are going to pay him, but when he was signed by Adelaide what was his salary then and was he any lessor of a player than compared to now?

If Flores had not played in the A-league and Victory signed him as their marquee player there would be an uproar and lots of questions asked.

People have to remember that Victory will always have the ability to pay the big bucks and sign the more recognised players as they have plenty of cash.

There would be a ton of players floating around who would be good enough to play at Flores level who are relatively unkown and could be signed at a reasonable price ... we just need to find one of them (maybe we already have with Gerhardt). Hopefully our scouts are doing their jobs! In my mind, at this stage of the club's existence, it would be so much sweeter as a Heart supporter to uncover a hidden gem of an international player, rather than paying big $$$ and just buying one - this would be another point of difference between us and Victory.

• Like 3

Just like the signing of Kewell seemed to work so well for them as a team last season.

So far they've signed a LB who can't defend, a holding midfielder who comes from the Portugese 2nd Division, a Brazilian midfielder who has more clubs on his resume than Hugh Heffner has had sexual partners and Flores. Their defence is still a shambles and they've lost their 3 best players from last season.

Their only improvement is Flores, they still don't have a decent defender on their books and they're relying on Archie Thompson and Danny Allsop to provide the lions share of their goals. I think we're looking fine with a few spots left on the roster if we can bring in a decent striker.

you make it sound like a love song!!! 10 points my firend...

Yes, Flores is worth what Victory are going to pay him, but when he was signed by Adelaide what was his salary then and was he any lessor of a player than compared to now?

If Flores had not played in the A-league and Victory signed him as their marquee player there would be an uproar and lots of questions asked.

People have to remember that Victory will always have the ability to pay the big bucks and sign the more recognised players as they have plenty of cash.

There would be a ton of players floating around who would be good enough to play at Flores level who are relatively unkown and could be signed at a reasonable price ... we just need to find one of them (maybe we already have with Gerhardt). Hopefully our scouts are doing their jobs! In my mind, at this stage of the club's existence, it would be so much sweeter as a Heart supporter to uncover a hidden gem of an international player, rather than paying big $$$ and just buying one - this would be another point of difference between us and Victory.

your spot on but our hidden gem was babalj...now his gone... :(

Remember Chelsea splashing the cash when the russian first took over? it still took several years to pay dividends despite the fact they could buy anyone they wanted.

Not sure what you consider paying dividends but CFC finished 2nd the season RA bought them and had a league title the year after. They were also a top 4 (CL) side already too. Nothing has changed for V*ctory, they were always the glamour (richest) club and we are in a salary capped league. Pointless comparison.

Where gone this season. Going to be a painful season unless we sign a goal scorer.

KY.

Yet another reference to Hoffman. Looks like all the signs are pointing towards 2012-2013 The Year(s) of the Hoff :D.

What the fuck are you on about?

this thread

roller_coaster_curve_yellow_overall.jpg

Early June: OMG WE ARE GONNA BE A SHIT TEAM!!!11!!11!1!!!

Late June: Gerhadt is absoulte gun. I have total faith in the club

Early July: OMG Victory signed Flores, We are shit again...

Edited by malloy
  • Like 6

THE LAST 3 OR SO PAGES OF THIS THREAD.

.............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

• Like 4

we're obviously not gone this season, we still have a lot of money to spend and can sign 3-4 quality players. However, the loss of Babalj is starting to make things very difficult now and the pressure to get these next few signings right is rising

What i don't understand is how people can be so relaxed about JD signing quality players. Let's be honest here, the last 2 seasons our club has been SHIT at finding and signing new undiscovered talent. Fred was already known and proven in this league. Germano came to us, we didn't find him. While Terra, Worm and Maycon simply weren't good enough for a visa spot. Sibon was the only quality talent the coaches "discovered" even though he was already known by JVS. At this stage, Gerhardt is so far looking like the best foreign player we have "found" but time will tell. The reason why Flores would have been great is simply because he is a proven player in this league, a bit like Fred.

We can only hope these next 3-4 signings are good.

• Like 1