Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

takes the squad to 17

1 visa spot remaining to be used on a striker and 3 Australian signings left to be made to have a squad of 21 before the start of the season

JD mentioned we were going to sign 2 strikers a week ago, SURELY Mebrahthu doesn't count as one of those strikers?

takes the squad to 17

1 visa spot remaining to be used on a striker and 3 Australian signings left to be made to have a squad of 21 before the start of the season

JD mentioned we were going to sign 2 strikers a week ago, SURELY Mebrahthu doesn't count as one of those strikers?

Lets hope these are our 'budget' signings... and our remaining 4 we see 3 far more exciting prospects and a youth player #startwalker

Yeah that picture of Gray floating around from Hawaii is a different person to that stumpy bald one from the training images

Edited by billyheart

takes the squad to 17

Bresciano, Bulut, Ergic & Kezman. Signings done & dusted.

Possibly line up for next season:

---------Kezman - Bulut

Dugnadzic - Fred - Golgol

----------Ergic - Bresciano

Behich - Hamil - Gerhardt - Marrone

--------------Bolton

Jizz worthy.

Edited by Fartchie Thompson

---------Kezman - Bulut

--------------Bolton

Jizz worthy.

Strong 1st post.

If these signing dont happen I am banning this and your real acct.

Dam you're right. Looks like Gray will be a permanent starter only because he is left footed. Will be interesting to see if Colosimo or Hamill start next to him.

I think we can manage with 3 CB in the squad. It's probably a bit better that we now have 2 experienced CB and 1 inexperienced CB rather than 2 inexperienced and 1 experienced.

way too much of a tounge twister there....

---------Kezman - Bulut

--------------Bolton

Jizz worthy.

you realise there's 12 players there...

you realise there's 12 players there...

FIXED.

---------Kezman - Bulut----messi

Dugnadzic - Fred - Golgol - C. Ronaldo

----------Ergic - Bresciano- Essien---

Behich - Hamil - Gerhardt - Marrone - Ramos

--------------Bolton-----Buffon-------------------

Aloisi ---- Hiddink ---- Mourinho

• Like 4

FIXED.

That should put us in with a chance :D

Victory signed Theo Markelis, young striker. Ange seems to be developing his squad.

I just keep wondering where our goals are coming from this season. Yes, there is another "striker" signing in the pipeline, but who is it, and what happens if he gets injured?

There is a well known saying, which I think has been raised here before, that a good defence will win you matches, and a good offence will win you fans.

FIXED.

Essien hasn't been playing well as of late, i don't think he'll get back to his form of say a couple years ago.

tbh we have a pretty solid squad at the moment, as long as we don't have anymore players departing.

4 players left to be signed, with 1 of them being a visa player. Pretty sure all of these last 4 signings will be attacking players (2 strikers, and hopefully an AM and a LW)

If we can nail these last signings with some real quality, we'll have a very good squad going into the season. They must be starting 11 quality though, not just some VPL players to make up the numbers. I'm very interested to hear who we're in talks with in the coming weeks.

The adelaide advertisers 'mullens sold' article refers to heart and victory competing with adelaide for Flores. Not sure how accurate that's likely to be though given his salary expectations would be at odds with our budget approach. He also doesn't seem to match the 'last visa spot will be a striker' line as I thought he was a winger?

Could play him as a 'false 9', in a 4-6-0 the 'formation of the future'. High possesion 'pass and move' football.

We did it with Terra a few times and it actually worked every now and then.

Better then the 4-5-0 we had with Maycon. ;)

• Like 1