Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

A guy like Gray should be denied a visa place by FFA TBH. They've done it before, and should do it in cases like this were the foreign player is 30+ years old and is no better than Australian options.

From a Melbourne Heart point of view, if we arent going to use that visa spot for someone else, the fact he is a foreign player is irrelevant to our decision in signing him. So, having said that, I dont think he is the worst option as a backup CB.

• Like 1

Also ppl should stop thinking that Gray is going to stop Zac Walker from getting a game IMO.

Somebody will get a long term injury it’s just inevitable in professional football with a squad like ours.

If Zac keeps banging them in and is worthy of a call up to seniors then JA can give him a go like Goodwin got a go last season.

Edited by cadete

It's not hating Gray, I think more pro Nate Foster with most chaps.

There is no stress with NYL players now, because they will all be training with the seniors from now on, and if they are good enough they will be in contention to take that next step.

i think JD is pulling our leg a bit

in this video

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/2250718391/Heart-beats-for-Gerhardt

at 1:50 it shows Gray running to the ball next to thompson, kalmar, and Gerhardt, and he's the shortest one there by a fair bit...

now unless thompson, gerhardt and kalmar are 6 foot 7 then i would believe Gray is 6'3 but thompson is only 5'10 and Gray is quite shorter than him

5 teams after Flores apparently...

from twitter:

FOX SPORTS FOOTBALL ‏@FOX_FOOTBALL

We're hearing Marcos Flores will definitely be back in the A-League next season with five clubs chasing him. Good news! #foxfootball

EDIT: i doubt we'd be chasing him though. Newcastle and Victory would be offering him marquee wages. Brisbane would be after him, as would WS and probably Perth/Adelaide.

The best we could offer Flores would be around the 200k mark, plus we deserately need a striker more than an AM. If babalj was still at the club i'd say break the bank to get him. I'd rather get Ergic/Bulut/High quality CF instead of just Flores tbh.

Let's just hope he doesn't go to victory.

Edited by heart_fan10

Is it just me or has MHFC fans' general view (particularly on this forum) of doom and gloom and were going to finish last changed to hyper-optimism and were going to win the league with the signing of one bloke (Gerhardt) no one had ever heard of?

And what's with all the Gray hate? We need another experienced CB (especially if Good leaves) and I would rather save 50k for another player and 'waste' a visa spot rather than spend more on an Aussie to do the same thing. He has been playing in a better league this year than Gerhardt was last year too and we are already hailing that as a wonder signing.

I will reserve judgement on them both until I have seen them play but I have faith in JA and JD.

Yeah gotta love how bipolar this place is.

As a back-up centreback, I don't have a problem with Gray, and we should reserve judgement until we watch all the recruits play. Like I've said before, at least they've spent plenty of time watching him and will have a good idea of what he could add to the team.

But I think visa spots should ideally be used for players likely to be first 11 selections. If we don't intend to use it now, we could keep one up our sleeve for a possible mid-season signing depending on how things go. But anyway, I'll wait and see how the squad looks when it's finalised.

And I've seen Gray. He couldn't possibly be 6'3 IMO.

@WSWFCNews: Just got told Chris Payne is planning to head to M.Heart but is open to any team. Would you like to see him for WS? #GoWanderers #aleague

Meh. He played one game for the Jets and scored 4 goals for NQF. Wouldn't offer much more than Williams tbh.

Has any1 thought mayb to ask if JA can handle coaching the first team?? Im having second thoughts, he might of been a socceroo but he has no experience in coaching... hope im wrong..!

no sense worrying about that at this stage. the board had faith, so must we.

Has any1 thought mayb to ask if JA can handle coaching the first team?? Im having second thoughts, he might of been a socceroo but he has no experience in coaching... hope im wrong..!

I'm sure he would've applied on the premise that he had confidence in his own abilities to be a senior coach.

Is now a bad time to mention that the rumor I started about Bulut was completely made up?

why start a false rumour?

comments like that degrade the credibility and integrity of this forum!

It's ok to comments on matters that you "believe" may occur, but to make it up makes an a** out of you.

Lets please restore dignity back into this forum.

Is now a bad time to mention that the rumor I started about Bulut was completely made up? Hopefully JD reads the forum and I sparked an interest but I highly doubt we'll be getting Bulut!

Really? Because another forum member also claimed he had some inside knowledge about Bulut signing with us. And there was a third poster who said he had heard that members of the board were trying to block him signing.

The made up rumour thing has been done before, and yeah it was amusing the first couple of times, but now its just a nuisance and lacks originality.

I would advise others against it in the future as it will just reflect poorly on the user making up the rumours and hurt their future credibility when it comes to transfer rumours, eg christian7 who has now disappeared after his predictions never came to light.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Yeah completely made it up, purely for the amusement of myself however it had not got legs at all hence why I never owned up to it being a crock of shit. The fact that other people have been talking about could be based on something but I don't want people legitimately thinking he is a good chance to sign because of some shit I stirred up a few weeks ago.

In other news I hear we're close to signing Anelka.