Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

After earlier shooting down having Bulut at the club - I think the positives of such a deal for both club and player outweigh the negatives.

That said - I don't want him singed for our number '9' role. IIRC - Bulut can play LW. This is ideal really - sign him and and get another Sibon/Babalj esque CF, throw in Flores and we've got a 2/3 that looks like this:

Fred - Flores

Dugandzic - '9' - Bulut.

That my friends, will score goals.

And goals win you championships.

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 1

from a Perth glory supporter:

Looks like Kezman's career isn't over yet. Contract has been put forward to play for Heart next season, all they're waiting for is for him to fly in and make the signature.

looks like this kezman rumour is starting to build a bit. Now that I think about it, it would make sense for us to sign him. Seems like a 'safe' signing in that not many people can complain if he flops because the club is going for an ex Chelsea/PSV striker. I also don't think he would be on much because if he's retiring at 33 it doesn't look like many clubs are after him.

Kezman could work out well. He has top class experience and a good track record although he has slowed down recently which is the only reason he would be attracted to our league.

Kevin Kyle is another experienced striker who needs a club and could be good for us if he is free from injury. He sounds a little desperate to find a club although I don't know if he would come over here or if we would want him. I rate him when he is fit though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18564679

Anyway, signing either of these blokes would bring out the best in the Hoff and give us yet another class striker, one already on our books (relax Cadete).

from a Perth glory supporter:

looks like this kezman rumour is starting to build a bit. Now that I think about it, it would make sense for us to sign him. Seems like a 'safe' signing in that not many people can complain if he flops because the club is going for an ex Chelsea/PSV striker. I also don't think he would be on much because if he's retiring at 33 it doesn't look like many clubs are after him.

He has gone on to claim

"Well if the Football manager has his way both Ergic and Kezman will be at the club so expect many Serbs to jump on over there.

Also heard they've been trying to bring over Bulut aswell, which has been part of the reason why the club is taking so long to announce anything, as half the baord are against it.

If everything goes well hearst could be challenging for the title this year with a squad like that."

Bizarre.

After earlier shooting down having Bulut at the club - I think the positives of such a deal for both club and player outweigh the negatives.

That said - I don't want him singed for our number '9' role. IIRC - Bulut can play LW. This is ideal really - sign him and and get another Sibon/Babalj esque CF, throw in Flores and we've got a 2/3 that looks like this:

Fred - Flores

Dugandzic - '9' - Bulut.

That my friends, will score goals.

And goals win you championships.

22538808.jpg

Bolton

Marrone - Colosimo - Good - Behich

Gerhardt

Fred - Flores

Dugandzic - Kezman - Bulut

Edited by LR9

Also heard they've been trying to bring over Bulut aswell, which has been part of the reason why the club is taking so long to announce anything, as half the baord are against it.

Although this is an online rumour and may have no basis in fact, if true, the board should get out of the way and let the football department make player decisions. That's what they employ Didulica for.

Sign Bulut, sign Kezman*, and finally give us the strike power we've been lacking.

Bulut fucked up. But he's young and deserves the chance to get his life in order. The club's culture should be strong enough to accept him and give him the environment to do that.

Edit: Actually, sign Kezman if he's keen to play and put in to the club. If he just wants a holiday and a paycheck, don't bother. But if he's serious about playing and working with our younger players, his experience and goal scoring ability would be great.

Edited by Sash

He has gone on to claim

"Well if the Football manager has his way both Ergic and Kezman will be at the club so expect many Serbs to jump on over there.

----------------------Bolton---------------

Marrone--Colosimo--Good--Behich

---------------------Gerhardt--------------

---------------Fred----------Ergic---------

Dugandzic--------Kezman--------Bulut

MAKE IT HAPPEN JD

Now that we've signed Gerhardt it's even more unlikely, but if this happens ... wow.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, he has close ties in Australia, and lived in Perth (winning the NSL) in 99 and 2000.

Could make it slightly likelier?

Now that we've signed Gerhardt it's even more unlikely, but if this happens ... wow.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, he has close ties in Australia, and lived in Perth (winning the NSL) in 99 and 2000.

Could make it slightly likelier?

More importantly, holds Australian citizenship.

Ergic would be class, Skoko, JD work yer magic.

• Like 1

Although this is an online rumour and may have no basis in fact, if true, the board should get out of the way and let the football department make player decisions. That's what they employ Didulica for.

Sign Bulut, sign Kezman*, and finally give us the strike power we've been lacking.

Bulut fucked up. But he's young and deserves the chance to get his life in order. The club's culture should be strong enough to accept him and give him the environment to do that.

Edit: Actually, sign Kezman if he's keen to play and put in to the club. If he just wants a holiday and a paycheck, don't bother. But if he's serious about playing and working with our younger players, his experience and goal scoring ability would be great.

Sash, I'm right with you re Bulut. The boy made a mistake - a serious one - but he's still young and we should not hold it against him for the rest of his life.

A football club is not a philanthropic institution, but if he wants to play for us and fits what we want in terms of football style and the rest of the squad, then IMO we should give him the chance.

Sometimes people are irresponsible because they've never been given responsibility. With the right determination on all sides perhaps we can all benefit.

Hope this is true. I'm still doubtful though, because JD has already denied the Bulut rumour.

And the WCE denied Ben Cousins used drugs up until 2009 and I and the rest of Perth knew did back in 1997.

Rofl - Ergic that takes me back to those Perth days as well, horrible acne on both his and to lesser extent my own face.

Malloy wont be happy with the man's political views.

Edited by cadete

It says that he is good mates with Ljubo as well. Bring them both home, I say!

-------------------Redmayne

Marrone - Milicevic - Good - Behich

------------------- Gerhardt

----------------Germano - Fred

---------Dugandzic - Kezman - Bulut

Subs: Bolton, Hamill, Thompson, Walker.

Break the bank to get Flores and we'll be laughing..

EDIT: the fact that Gray takes a visa spot, even a spot on the roster that could be used for a NYL player, and the game time he will take from Good/Hamill makes me pretty fucking angry.

JD says CG and BH play better with experience next to them - what experience does this guy have that Colosimo doesn't?

Edited by marteaux

No, it means Gray will take up the 4th VISA spot, while the CF will take the 5th and final.

Also pretty much confirms Gray is over the line. What an absolute fucking joke, he better sign an amazing CF!

FUCK.

in that case, the club better sign Ergic and Bulut if they want the supporters to be happy

It says that he is good mates with Ljubo as well. Bring them both home, I say!

-------------------Redmayne

Marrone - Milicevic - Good - Behich

------------------- Gerhardt

----------------Germano - Fred

---------Dugandzic - Kezman - Bulut

Subs: Bolton, Hamill, Thompson, Walker.

Break the bank to get Flores and we'll be laughing..

EDIT: the fact that Gray takes a visa spot, even a spot on the roster that could be used for a NYL player, and the game time he will take from Good/Hamill makes me pretty fucking angry.

JD says CG and BH play better with experience next to them - what experience does this guy have that Colosimo doesn't?

Remember the "Madaschi Out" thread before he had even played a game?

This Kezman & Ergic rumour sounds like some Serbian fan's dream that they then went and posted online. Not that Kezman is unrealistic at all, given how his career has gone, but its a risky signing as who knows how he will go. Ergic would be a good signing, but could be expensive and not sure if he would want to come play for us.

• Like 2

This Kezman & Ergic rumour sounds like some Serbian fan's dream that they then went and posted online. Not that Kezman is unrealistic at all, given how his career has gone, but its a risky signing as who knows how he will go. Ergic would be a good signing, but could be expensive and not sure if he would want to come play for us.

I remember when he was at Glory Ergic was always very distant to the public and made it fairly clear he could not want to leave the country and that he was Serbian and not Australian so I feel doubtful it about him coming as well.

Even though I hope that I am wrong...

if he is 6 foot 3 then it makes me feel a bit better about the signing. But still think that visa spot could be used more effectively

I still don't understand how he will be used. It will be very disappointing to see one of Good/Hamill completely out of the matchday squad.

On another point, with our new foreign striker getting the number 9, who will get number 10?

Is it just me or has MHFC fans' general view (particularly on this forum) of doom and gloom and were going to finish last changed to hyper-optimism and were going to win the league with the signing of one bloke (Gerhardt) no one had ever heard of?

And what's with all the Gray hate? We need another experienced CB (especially if Good leaves) and I would rather save 50k for another player and 'waste' a visa spot rather than spend more on an Aussie to do the same thing. He has been playing in a better league this year than Gerhardt was last year too and we are already hailing that as a wonder signing.

I will reserve judgement on them both until I have seen them play but I have faith in JA and JD.

• Like 6

Is it just me or has MHFC fans' general view (particularly on this forum) of doom and gloom and were going to finish last changed to hyper-optimism and were going to win the league with the signing of one bloke (Gerhardt) no one had ever heard of?

And what's with all the Gray hate? We need another experienced CB (especially if Good leaves) and I would rather save 50k for another player and 'waste' a visa spot rather than spend more on an Aussie to do the same thing. He has been playing in a better league this year than Gerhardt was last year too and we are already hailing that as a wonder signing.

I will reserve judgement on them both until I have seen them play but I have faith in JA and JD.

Don't think anyone hates anyone. The puzzle with Steven Gray is about using a visa place in the squad with a player that, on the face of it, doesn't jump out of the page as an automatic first-team selection. It's not about Gray himself, rather about the limited number of visa places. On a numbers basis I would have thought that your fourth-choice centre-back would not be a visa player from the VPL.

However, JD appears to be very impressed with Gray, and from the language used it looks as though it's a done deal.