Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Pretty rubish potential signing.

Surely viewed by most as a 3 year older downgrade on Alex Terra.

What a waste of a Visa spot for someone who'd be a sub at best..

At Wellington, he has played a full 90 minutes just 8 times in the past 4 years, averaging a litle over 40 minutes a game...

• Like 1

I'm interested to hear Aloisi saying we have 15 players signed for next season.

Now that Zahra has been released, AFAIK the number is 13:

Marrone, Hamill, Behich, Babalj, Hoffman, Colosimo, Germano, Fred, Williams, Kalmar, Dugandzic, Good and Redmayne.

So, assuming Good is included in the number, who are the other two?

I'm interested to hear Aloisi saying we have 15 players signed for next season.

Now that Zahra has been released, AFAIK the number is 13:

Marrone, Hamill, Behich, Babalj, Hoffman, Colosimo, Germano, Fred, Williams, Kalmar, Dugandzic, Good and Redmayne.

So, assuming Good is included in the number, who are the other two?

Thimpson, Srhoj.

I'm prepared to give John Aloisi a fair go, despite preferring Ante Milicic as our new Manager. But surely this is not the way we are going to move ahead under John Aloisi? Interested in signing a 32 year old New Zealander who is "no longer wanted in Wellington" and "has been used primarily off the bench this season by coach Ricki Herbert." http://www.sportal.c...r-daniel-175625 I can't imagine John van `t Schip being interested in making this signing if he was Manager for the 2012-2013 season. He stopped playing some of our older players, including ex Socceroos, arguing that considering some of the mistakes made at their age, why not play talented young players with the upside to get much better.

Edited by Parrot

That would explain Aloisi saying yesterday he was looking for a DM and AM.

"Remaining Heart imports Fred and Jonatan Germano have been the club's best overseas recruits across its two seasons. Aloisi and his staff are now scouring overseas leagues to complement them with an influential holding midfielder - "an important position and one we have to get right"

Even though the two areas which need the most attention being LW, CB.

• Like 1

I don't know what Shroj's contract was worth, but I remember reading somewhere he was one of our higher paid players. I'd like him to stay, but only at the right price. For an experienced player, I don't think his output has been good enough over the two years to be amongst the highest paid at the club, and they're probably right to want to reduce his contract.

Edited by Sash

my uncle works for greek radio station 3xy...he can confirm from a very reliable source that charisteas is moving to australia, and is moving to melbourne becouse of the GFC (greek finanical crisis lol) and will be looking at speaking to either victory or heart. Also there are a number of greek players from second division and lower clubs in the superleauge who are making the move to Australia, so there will be plenty on offer for all clubs.

personal opinion is if heart are looking for a striker then Charisteas would be perfect for 2-3 seasons...if they are looking at a LW and CB...Center back being the position we most despratly need to fill, then the should look at italian clubs, ive noticed they have a huge range of tall defenders compared to other leauges. And seen as though JA knows alot of people overseas( italian leauge), it is a very realalistic goal that we can get the right person for the job...(excuse some of my spelling im still half asleep and need to do some studying, but needed to post this asap lol) any thoughts?

Just heard we are signing a 27 year old Spanish CB. He is mates with John Aloisi. I forgot the players name. Il get it tonight and post it

Someone JA played with during his time in Spain?

Div 2 in the spanish league

Based off this (assuming the player is currently in the Segunda Divisione), these are the names of 27yr old Spanish CBs.

• Agus (AD Alcorcon)
  • Samuel Llorca (Hercules CF)
  • Richy (Girona FC)
  • Armando Lozano (FC Barcelona B) *note: currently club captain*
  • Jesus Olmo (CE Sabadell)
  • Hector Verdes (Elche CF)
  • David Fernandez (CD Guadalajara)
  • Javi Soria (CD Guadalajara)
  • Aritz Borda (Recreativo Huelva)

None of them played with JA while in Spain. Javier Flano was at Osasuna for, at most, one season while JA was there, but that's a stronger link to us than any of the other players have.

FWIW, Javi Soria seems to be a goal scoring defender and can also play as a DM, so I'd be pretty happy with him.

Chaps, try Miguel Flano..?

:)

EDIT: Hold on, he said Segunda Division... scrap that.

FWIW, Javier is a tiny bloke, 1.77m and 68kgs.

According to FIFA12 preferred positions in order are RB, LB, CB.

So maybe he comes in to cover Behich's move to left wing?

Edited by LR9

Based off this (assuming the player is currently in the Segunda Divisione), these are the names of 27yr old Spanish CBs.

• Agus (AD Alcorcon)
  • Samuel Llorca (Hercules CF)
  • Richy (Girona FC)
  • Armando Lozano (FC Barcelona B) *note: currently club captain*
  • Jesus Olmo (CE Sabadell)
  • Hector Verdes (Elche CF)
  • David Fernandez (CD Guadalajara)
  • Javi Soria (CD Guadalajara)
  • Aritz Borda (Recreativo Huelva)

None of them played with JA while in Spain. Javier Flano was at Osasuna for, at most, one season while JA was there, but that's a stronger link to us than any of the other players have.

FWIW, Javi Soria seems to be a goal scoring defender and can also play as a DM, so I'd be pretty happy with him.

Football manager? Haha.

• Like 1

great news for us. another season in the a-league won't be too bad for his development anyway. gotta give him a pay rise and get him to sign a 2 yr deal though, so we can cash in on him when the next club comes sniffing.

does everyone still think it's worth using a visa spot on a cb? or are good amd hamill enough?

I don't know what Shroj's contract was worth, but I remember reading somewhere he was one of our higher paid players. I'd like him to stay, but only at the right price. For an experienced player, I don't think his output has been good enough over the two years to be amongst the highest paid at the club, and they're probably right to want to reduce his contract.

Completely agree with you. Of the three potemtial re-signs, Bolton, Srhoj and Thompson, none of them are that good that we should be bargaining with them to retain them. If they want to stay, it should be on our terms and not theirs. In the case of Bolton we already have Redmayne. Srhoj works hard, but hasn't scored a goal in two seasons, and we can do just as well elsewhere. And in Thompson's case he had a terrible second half of the season and I reckon he's lucky if we're still talking to him.

• Like 1