Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

While I know Madaschi would be target #1 for experienced CB, how about Eddie Bosnar?

Currently playing for Suwon Bluewings in the K-League, previously with Shimizu S-Pulse for two years. 31yo, 193cm, Sydney native. Uncapped at Socceroo level, but has wanted to put himself in the spotlight for years. Unlucky not to make the Asian Cup side IMO.

And he has one hell of a free-kick on him:

http://youtu.be/mFzC1dSpMDE

• Like 2

While I know Madaschi would be target #1 for experienced CB, how about Eddie Bosnar?

Currently playing for Suwon Bluewings in the K-League, previously with Shimizu S-Pulse for two years. 31yo, 193cm, Sydney native.

This is a decent and relatively realistic suggestion unlike half the shit thrown out here.

If he were to come back to Australia for next season he'd be much more likely to play for WS then us.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

While I know Madaschi would be target #1 for experienced CB, how about Eddie Bosnar?<br /><br />Currently playing for Suwon Bluewings in the K-League, previously with Shimizu S-Pulse for two years. 31yo, 193cm, Sydney native. Uncapped at Socceroo level, but has wanted to put himself in the spotlight for years. Unlucky not to make the Asian Cup side IMO.<br /><br />And he has one hell of a free-kick on him:<br /><br />http://youtu.be/mFzC1dSpMDE<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br />Fills two massive needs...<br /><br />Decent suggestion - looks the goods. Edited by cadete

If he were to come back to Australia for next season he'd be much more likely to play for WS then us.

Why is that? Cos someone said he is a Sydney native? Tbh doesn't mean much.

If he gets the right offer to play A-League he'd pfob go anywhere. More chance of him staying put.

Why is that? Cos someone said he is a Sydney native? Tbh doesn't mean much.

If he gets the right offer to play A-League he'd pfob go anywhere. More chance of him staying put.

WS want something like 2/3 of the club from the players right through to the board to be from the reigion. I can see them targeting him if he wanted a move back to Oz.

Unfortunately Bosnar is in the first year of a 2 year deal in Korea. It's not like Australia where contracts don't seen to mean much. I doubt they would let him leave a year early without some kind of compensation, which, the club is in no real way to offer.

The only way I can see it happening is if we offer 1 or 2 of our younger players for a free transfer. Depending on the players of course, not sure how I would feel about this. Hoffman??? ;-)

Ive lost count how many times we have had a free kick and wished we had someone who could smash them in. I honestly think it is a tactic of other team to foul us around the box, because it may stop a goal and, they know we are shite at free kicks.

Edited by drcolossus1

Ive lost count how many times we have had a free kick and wished we had someone who could smash them in. I honestly think it is a tactic of other team to foul us around the box, because it may stop a goal and, they know we are shite at free kicks.

...something that has also annoyed me since Sibon left, all the more because it seemed the coaching team really didn't do that much to try and address it. Goes to show that with a squad capped at 23 you really have to think carefully about the specific attributes of the players you sign. If you don't have a first-team regular who has a reasonable chance at scoring from a free-kick you're probably giving away 4-5 goals per season...which can be the difference between bottom four and top four in our league. Similarly corners...we have generally been impotent from all our set-pieces.

• Like 1

Especially after Newcastle got spanked overnight 4 zip to Wigan. Definitely may find himself on the bench or starting line up after a season or so there.

Would Goods move to Newcastle be the biggest move of any a-league player to a foreign club?

I would hate to see him go, but you would not hold a player back with an oppotunity like that. Hopefully we get some good money for him so we can use it to either sign or hold onto another player.

No way we will stand in his way. To do so would fly in the face of everything Heart stands for.

Of course we'll try and get the best deal we can, but the key thing is to make sure that we negotiate a percentage if he is on-sold by Newcastle.

Also, if we're smart, as and when we do transfer players to overseas clubs, we should indicate that, once in a while, a favour from them would be a nice gesture. Maybe a friendly match, maybe a loan/guest player etc. etc.

The boy has a great future, and if this deal goes through, let's wish him all the best.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

No way we will stand in his way. To do so would fly in the face of everything Heart stands for.

Of course we'll try and get the best deal we can, but the key thing is to make sure that we negotiate a percentage if he is on-sold by Newcastle.

Also, if we're smart, as and when we do transfer players to overseas clubs, we should indicate that, once in a while, a favour from them would be a nice gesture. Maybe a friendly match, maybe a loan/guest player etc. etc.

The boy has a great future, and if this deal goes through, let's wish him all the best.

If the club believes they're being heavily undercut or he's heavily undervalued, they will push Newcastle for an increase in price. They were made an offer for Marrone that they thought undervalued him and pushed for more. Only difference is Pardew probably won't lose his job any time soon.

think a few people remember this article in regards to selling players

http://au.fourfourtw...ue Content Feed

Edited by heart_fan10

and with curtis good looking to be on the way out, we even have 11 contracted players for next season?

I'm hoping the club has got some big players lined up otherwise we might be fucked

Maybe they are listening to my plan of:

Bringing in 2 lower division Italian Experienced Central Defenders with promises of a working summer holiday and the Lygon Street Life...

Do this and we would have the League sewn up!

• Like 1

The only player I am slightly disappointed about leaving is Taseski. With everyone else, I think we made the right decision.

It will probably sound harsh but I never thought Zahra was that good, people just seemed to like him because of that tackle.

Would be a bit of a shame to lose Good but if the price is right I would be happy to see him go. Win-win for all involved really.

Most of the players who have gone so far are the deadwood really, if we can sign some quality players over the next 6 months I honestly think we could challenge for the league. Easier said than done though.

• Like 2

I get what your saying.

But its still kind of funny seeing that written down when we have no coach in charge.

Didulica will be making the final calls on players such as Good and Zahra, with Aloisi's and Milicic's input...irrespective of who we finally announce as senior coach.

One thing's for sure...with the hinges on the 'Departures' door getting plenty of use, this thread is not going to die in a hurry...

Would be a bit of a shame to lose Good but if the price is right I would be happy to see him go. Win-win for all involved really.

Most of the players who have gone so far are the deadwood really, if we can sign some quality players over the next 6 months I honestly think we could challenge for the league. Easier said than done though.

+1

I'll be disappointed losing Good, but at the same time i've always rated Hamill as the better defender when he's partnered with an experienced CB such as Madaschi. Good is on basic wages, so we'll need to sign a young CB to replace him (zac anderson/promote youth team CB)

At least now whoever comes in as coach will have really no excuses to fail. They'll have around 8+ available spots on the roster to fill and plenty of space in the salary cap to work with. As long as the main core of the team is still there, which looks like it will be, the addition of 4 or so high quality players, and a few up and coming young talents, can easily make us title contenders.

what do people think of iain ramsey as a left winger?

He is a headless chook. Tries too many smart arse tricks when a defender is far from him. Would not like him at all.

Like @LR9 said, does not put together a enough good performances.

Also has no right foot.