Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Lol. I'm obviously not serious.

Anyone think Kewell is a slight possibility for next season? I keep hearing rumblings about how he's unhappy at Victory and he refuses to confirm anything in interviews. But you also hear him saying how settled his family is and how good the city is and how well it's accepted him. So maybe he could be wearing red and white if the deal was right?

The likelihood of Kewell coming to us is like the likelihood of Kenny Dalglish deciding to come out of retirement and play for liverpool

Source?

someone posted on the 442 forum in the melbourne heart supporters thread that they heard this rumour Zahra was going to perth, so i was wondering if anyone here had heard the same. There really hasn't been any transfer speculation in weeks, it was the only rumour i could find

In regards to andrezinho, i think he's turned out to be a very dangerous player. Probably the only true natural left winger in the league, gives the team a lot of width, and can definitely hit a ball. His crosses just around the box have been lethal and cause teams a lot of problems, so if we stuck him out on the left he could form a great partnership with behich and give good service to Babalj. The only issue with him seems to be his fitness, i can't remember him playing a full 90minutes this season

Really? What, with just a lone 20 year-old available to play at CF?

As I posted earlier, and still believe...

Our priorities in order should be:

1. CB - Straight into starting XI, who can command and lead the line.

2. Left sided Winger, who can cross (retaining Goodwin could solve this)

3. CF - With a clinical finishing, a name would be nice,

4. AM/Playmaker,

5. Back-up GK (if Bootsa hangs up the gloves)

6. Cover for Full backs, maybe promote youth (Jeremy Walker, Josh Groenwald),

7. One more spot, another posible promotion - Zac Walker?

@LR9

agree with you completely on that list if we want to be challenging for the title. In bold i've typed the players that i think will fit perfectly in our team

Our priorities in order should be:

1. CB - Straight into starting XI, who can command and lead the line. MADASCHI

2. Left sided Winger, who can cross (retaining Goodwin could solve this) GOODWIN/ABBAS/ANDREZINHO

3. CF - With a clinical finishing, a name would be nice. CHARISTEAS

4. AM/Playmaker. VIDOSIC

5. Back-up GK (if Bootsa hangs up the gloves). (hopefully bootsa can stay as backup/GK coach otherwise; BIRIGHITTI

6. Cover for Full backs, maybe promote youth (Jeremy Walker, Josh Groenwald). Don't think it's necessary to sign cover for the full backs as we've got zahra who can play LB/RB and also for me Germano is an outstanding RB. Would be a bonus if Goodwin stays as well

7. One more spot, another posible promotion - Zac Walker? - Use this spot to promote zac walker or sign a promising player from VPL.

Would then use the remaining visa spot to sign a big tall experienced DM who can also play as a CB incase a defender is injured to therefore give us some extra cover and some experience in defence. I think JVS was trying to achieve that with thompson but obviously it didn't work. Thwaite would be perfect for that role but i think he's off to perth.

IMO the ideal squad would be something like this:

GK: Redmayne, Bolton (backup keeper/GK coach)

Defenders: Marrone, Madaschi, Good, Hamill, Behich, Goodwin

Midfielders: Fred, Shroj, Kalmar, Germano, Vidosic, Thompson, *Visa signing DM/CB

Forwards: Babalj, Dugandzic, Charisteas, Zahra, Williams, Hoffman, Abbas

Edited by heart_fan10

@LR9

agree with you completely on that list if we want to be challenging for the title. In bold i've typed the players that i think will fit perfectly in our team

IMO the ideal squad would be something like this:

GK: Redmayne, Bolton (backup keeper/GK coach)

Defenders: Marrone, Madaschi, Good, Hamill, Behich, Goodwin

Midfielders: Fred, Shroj, Kalmar, Germano, Vidosic, Thompson, *Visa signing DM/CB

Forwards: Babalj, Dugandzic, Charisteas, Zahra, Williams, Hoffman, Abbas

Any news on Charisteas. I know his team got relegated from the Super League in Greece. He will be a free transfer.

someone posted on the 442 forum in the melbourne heart supporters thread that they heard this rumour Zahra was going to perth, so i was wondering if anyone here had heard the same. There really hasn't been any transfer speculation in weeks, it was the only rumour i could find

In regards to andrezinho, i think he's turned out to be a very dangerous player. Probably the only true natural left winger in the league, gives the team a lot of width, and can definitely hit a ball. His crosses just around the box have been lethal and cause teams a lot of problems, so if we stuck him out on the left he could form a great partnership with behich and give good service to Babalj. The only issue with him seems to be his fitness, i can't remember him playing a full 90minutes this season

Zahra has another year remaining on his contract.

Almost all of our wingers have left or are shit.

We've now only got Dugandzic and Zahra as our wingers. Need to sign at least one natural LEFT winger, which is why andrezinho/abbas would be perfect to sign. Abbas would be good because he doesn't take up a visa spot.

The good thing about next season is that there's no olyroos commitments so we won't have behich, dugandzic, babalj, hamill etc... missing important games.

The good thing about next season is that there's no olyroos commitments so we won't have behich, dugandzic, babalj, hamill etc... missing important games.

AFC U-22 Asian Cup qualification starts in June.

Edited by LR9

I heard that we are close to signing Bruce Djite?

weren't we interested in signing him when he left gold coast?

as for bolton, good news, I just hope he isn't on 240k or whatever, takes up too much of the salary cap. Should at least cut his salary in half and pay the rest as his 'GK coach' wage

as for bolton, good news, I just hope he isn't on 240k or whatever, takes up too much of the salary cap. Should at least cut his salary in half and pay the rest as his 'GK coach' wage

It doesn't work like that. Both Greenacre and Zois where assistants and players, but 100% off their wage counted towards the cap.

However we have plenty of room to spare, plus two marquee places to play around with if we need more cap space.

I think it would be good for Redders to train with and play alongside Bolton. Play him in the preseason, etc. But make Redders work for his place in the side, instead of handing him a start.

It doesn't work like that. Both Greenacre and Zois where assistants and players, but 100% off their wage counted towards the cap.

However we have plenty of room to spare, plus two marquee places to play around with if we need more cap space.

I think it would be good for Redders to train with and play alongside Bolton. Play him in the preseason, etc. But make Redders work for his place in the side, instead of handing him a start.

you sure about the wage? i've heard otherwise :wacko:

thats true, but i don't think the club has utilised the marquee spots yet have they? maybe after going for the cheaper coaching option the club can look for a couple of decent marquee players. #vidosic&hernandez

agree about redmayne. Don't think he should come into the starting lineup straight away, but he should be given a few starts here and there

If anything kewell will move to West Sydney, but anyways lets talk about our team :)

Anyone want Andrezinho? from Perth. He has left the club and is now a free agent

Fuck will be awkward if Andrezinho comes to Heart. He wasn't happy with our tirade of abuse in the first half of final.

perth have started recruiting for next season, as have adelaide. Western Sydney will also no doubt be looking to fill their roster and postecoglou said he wants to finalise his team at the vistors for next season in a months time. Keep thinking we're going to miss out on a couple of our targets if we don't get a move on :unsure:

If anything Kewell is going to sign with West Sydney and Heart will not make a play for Charisteas until they see how the Melbourne public react to the Olympiacos vs Victory match and how he performs (if he plays) in the Euro

Ticket sales have gone nuts. I can confirm that via the olympiacos website. massive demand for the tickets. Scott Munn and John need to get of their arse and make some business decision for Melbourne Heart to be a force in the new season...