Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

don't think he's happy at adelaide, he wants to leave from what a few articles have been saying

if hes in contract it doesnt mean he will leave, as it comes down to the clubs discretion. (if the rumors are true, sames going on with Colossimo ATM)

Vidosic would be incredible. better than Hernandez.

He'd be far and away our best player if we sign him. Fact.

Yeah ok champ, wasn't disagreeing with you. Even said I'd like to see him play for

us.

But anyone who denies that Bresciano has declined as a footballer since his Serie A days is nearly as silly as your forum name, mate.

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 1

Yeah ok champ, wasn't disagreeing with you. Even said I'd like to see him play for

us.

But anyone who denies that Bresciano has declined as a footballer since his Serie A days is nearly as silly as your forum name, mate.

I actually lol'd at the last part. Good form. :)

Wasn't saying he hasn't declined, simply saying his miles away from being "past it"

I didn't say he was?

He is 32 now, in a season or two he will be at the same stage as Grella.

and at that age players seem to get attracted to the medical chair.

take Fred for example.

this is unless your last name is Maldini. ;)

The coaching job should be decided by tonight

There is a meeting about it currently on now with Milicic and Aloisi both in attendance

Also I dont know if it has been said on this thread or not but Vidosic, Grella & Valeri have all been approached as possible signings for the club next season.

Source?

Grella - Hasn't played since Dec 2010. Even if he was a regular, no thanks. We don't want a Muscunt-esque player who is slow, well past it and just going to accumulate yellows.

Valeri - Would take. Could imagine that if he comes, Srhoj goes. Why pay Srhoj $200k to benchwarm?

Vidosic - Is no-one else concerned about his injury record? Hamstring and back last season, a number of injuries at Nuremberg. We seem to have regular soft-tissue injuries, and there's a chance that could be due to the quality of training paddock we've got. He'd want a decent salary, so would it really be worth the risk?

You raise a few good points, chap.

But: I'd been more than happy if The Graceful One was payed more than 200K to do the job he currently does.

And I'd also be more happy to take a punt on Dario Vidosic. Could pay dividends (no pun intended).

And if our players are picking up soft tissue injuries due to the low quality facilities we have, well - thats totally fucked up and something the club should look to rectify.

Fred's the notable "Cardboard and Blu-Tack Man" in our squad, and he's just had surgery to try fix the reoccurance niggling injuries that keep him out 2-4 weeks. I can't think of anyone else in our team who is as consistent, and as consistently injured as Fred. Maybe Colosimo, but he'll be MV's problem soon enough.

if hes in contract it doesnt mean he will leave, as it comes down to the clubs discretion. (if the rumors are true, sames going on with Colossimo ATM)

Vidosic would be incredible. better than Hernandez.

yeah but at the end of the day if a player says to the club he's unhappy and he wants to leave, it's likely they'll both come to an agreement to terminate the contract because why keep a player at the club if he doesn't want to be there?

Don't understand why we keep being linked with midfield players. Bar adding one quality AM, (Vidosic or Hernandez will do me fine) the midfield is our area of least concern. CB and a striker ffs. Hurry up and appoint Millicic, seems pretty clear he is getting the nod, why delay his or whatever manager we bring in's time to start negotiating with signings at this important time.

yeah but at the end of the day if a player says to the club he's unhappy and he wants to leave, it's likely they'll both come to an agreement to terminate the contract because why keep a player at the club if he doesn't want to be there?

very true but you see that sometimes clubs will hold on their players even if they want to leave - depending on how important they are to the system.

just look at Carlos Tevez!

but i obviously wouldnt like to have a player at a club of mine saying that he wants to leave....

very true but you see that sometimes clubs will hold on their players even if they want to leave - depending on how important they are to the system.

just look at Carlos Tevez!

but i obviously wouldnt like to have a player at a club of mine saying that he wants to leave....

totally different circumstances in that Man City can afford to pay his wages adelaide aren't going to want a player on the books who doesnt want to be there it is bad for the morale of the team and they are hardly going to put in their best performances. It is just like when we released beauchamp and heffernan

We won't be able to sign Vidosic unless his contract ends or is terminated and he becomes a free agent.

Bresciano would be a cracking signing, no doubt he's declined a little bit from his Serie A days, however he's still a great passer of the ball and would promote more synergy and passing in the midfield alongside Fred and Shroj, we'd see a more fluid side through midfield. He'd change the team completely.

We would also be able to make use of Babalj in the air for once.

A playmaker would be good, however...

Our priorities in order should be:

1. CB - Straight into starting XI, who can command and lead the line.

2. Left sided Winger, who can cross (retaining Goodwin could solve this)

3. CF - With a clinical finishing, a name would be nice,

4. AM/Playmaker,

5. Back-up GK (if Bootsa hangs up the gloves)

6. Cover for Full backs, maybe promote youth (Jeremy Walker, Josh Groenwald),

7. One more spot, Zac Walker?

• Like 1

4. AM/Playmaker,

If we could get scott mcdonald it would be awesome, but it would be highly unlikely

totally different circumstances in that Man City can afford to pay his wages adelaide aren't going to want a player on the books who doesnt want to be there it is bad for the morale of the team and they are hardly going to put in their best performances. It is just like when we released beauchamp and heffernan

yeee, but i somehow saw its relevance! ahhahaha

i think the same will happen to Colossimo this year, as soon as we sign a new (and improved) center-half.

4. AM/Playmaker,

if we dont end up promoting Zac Walker we shouldnt sign someone just because there is a free spot available. prefer we waited untill Christmas and sign a player on a loan deal, just in case a specific position gets injuries and we need cover. ie Reid this season. either this, or we get a big name just for a 3 month loan or something.

TBH, would like to see Curtis Good go to Newcastle because its obviously a great opportunity, but it would leave us a big hole. sure Hamill can come in and do a great job, but then we are in severe lacking need of TWO CB's. like to see us sign one first....

yeee, but i somehow saw its relevance! ahhahaha

i think the same will happen to Colossimo this year, as soon as we sign a new (and improved) center-half.

if we dont end up promoting Zac Walker we shouldnt sign someone just because there is a free spot available. prefer we waited untill Christmas and sign a player on a loan deal, just in case a specific position gets injuries and we need cover. ie Reid this season. either this, or we get a big name just for a 3 month loan or something.

TBH, would like to see Curtis Good go to Newcastle because its obviously a great opportunity, but it would leave us a big hole. sure Hamill can come in and do a great job, but then we are in severe lacking need of TWO CB's. like to see us sign one first....

if colosimo (quite the possibility) leaves we will aswell as curtis good leaving (dont think he will just yet) we will be fucked in DF

Germano isnt bad at all playing as a Center-half. However i would fell uncomfortable if he is out first choice or reserve CB.

Ljubo Milicevic (or something like that) was mentioned in another thread.

i dont know of his quality but everyone else seems to. from what ive read you either like him or hate him.

MADASCHI. changes the whole way the team plays, of course for the better.

the lads out on the park just look calmer when hes with them.

Germano isnt bad at all playing as a Center-half. However i would fell uncomfortable if he is out first choice or reserve CB.

i dont know of his quality but everyone else seems to. from what ive read you either like him or hate him.

MADASCHI. changes the whole way the team plays, of course for the better.

the lads out on the park just look calmer when hes with them.

Inb4 Fan Boys.

Madaschi is not coming back for at least another season.

Ljubo could be interesting, as he's now a free agent, but I'm not sure whether he'd wanna stay in Europe or come down here again.

He could easily (imo) get a gig back in Switzerland, or an Austria, Belgium, or similar country, so maybe he'd prefer staying there.

Definitely worth a crack though.

i dont know of his quality but everyone else seems to. from what ive read you either like him or hate him..

As most of you probably now, he is a very volatile character and a fragile one at that. There are two main criteria that are fundamental in regards to Ljubo.

1) The general attitude/mentality of the playing squad. Will he fit in?

2) AM needs to be exceptional with man management, from reports I've gathered he is apparently half decent.

On his day, he is beautiful to watch, and will do what Madaschi did, even better. He transformed the Jets whilst he was there, into a pretty formidable defence. Unfortunately B.Culina is a cunt.

Worth a punt, put him in the leadership group.

Edited by Hendo

He's gone to Wellington. Deal is done and dusted, expect an anouncement tomorrow at 11:36am from the coffee shop at fed square.

Once again... Source?

dont jsut post random shit if you cant back it up..

if what you say turns out to be true i will never ask for a source from you again

Edited by malloy

Once again... Source?

dont jsut post random shit if you cant back it up..

if what you say turns out to be true i will never ask for a source from you again

Lol. I'm obviously not serious.

Anyone think Kewell is a slight possibility for next season? I keep hearing rumblings about how he's unhappy at Victory and he refuses to confirm anything in interviews. But you also hear him saying how settled his family is and how good the city is and how well it's accepted him. So maybe he could be wearing red and white if the deal was right?