Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

And he is only contracted to the end of the season. No way will he get offered an extension.

Hence his seeing all of Melbourne's attractions before they put him on a boat home...

The Clubs knows it, We know it, and he probably always knew it, He bluffed JVS and the club and won some cash...

I think he has been awesome this year, why only reserve if he keeps this form up? However we definitely need a more than capable back up which we don't have at the moment.

My logic is that if we are to attract a 'keeper to the club whom we want to have there for some years (for example, Birighitti, Redmayne etc.) then they'll want to play seniors football. Otherwise they might as well stay where they are. So I would be trying to keep Clint Bolton as a back-up, and devise a contract for him that would offer him the pathway to his post-retirement job - media or whatever else he has in mind. After all, you don't train 24 hours per day. And, as JvS says, CB is the ultimate professional. IMO he's a good senior bloke to have around the club with the youngsters. Goes along with the idea I have that we need to think outside the box when it comes to the squad.

Hence his seeing all of Melbourne's attractions before they put him on a boat home...

The Clubs knows it, We know it, and he probably always knew it, He bluffed JVS and the club and won some cash...

I'd be interested to know who was the instigator behind signing Maycon. I can't believe it was JvS. No, just cannot believe that. And I agree with the other proposition that the Maycon we have is not the Maycon we thought we were getting. Just goes to show that you should never sign a player unless you have seen him in the flesh. One airfare and a few hotel bills are a lot less than the minimum A-League salary. Whoever is responsible just did not do their homework.

• Like 1

Maycon was first scouted when JvS went to Brazil and was signed about a year later.

I find it funny how he was spruiked as a complete goal machine number 9, and he's just been so disappointing.

We NEED to sign a playmaker, central midfielder and centreback if we're

taking our title win aspirations seriously.

EDIT: I saw that article after I clicked post. Yep, that's good news - but there's not many uncontracted Aussie players who can give half as much as Fred does. Do they have to be uncontracted, or can we snare a player from another team?

I wish we'd signed Mitch Nichols whilst he was out of favour at the Roar.

Edited by marteaux

We NEED to sign a playmaker, central midfielder and centreback if we're

taking our title win aspirations seriously.

EDIT: I saw that article after I clicked post. Yep, that's good news - but there's not many uncontracted Aussie players who can give half as much as Fred does. Do they have to be uncontracted, or can we snare a player from another team?

I completely agree with the need of a centre back and playmaker but at whose expense? We have a full squad so wouldn't need to cut one player? I'm not sure how happy we would be to pay out Maycon.

I'm pretty sure they can only move on a free transfer. So the club has to agree to let them come to us for nothing.

Don't need another striker of that build, need a poacher.

Ryuji Bando is just coming off his contract with Cerezo, destroyed Adelaide United in the ACL and would come at a reasonable price for a foreign player, has already earnt most of his clams in Japan. However he was linked with Adelaide last month, taking english lessons etc...

Sack Maycon, bring in Ryuji on a short term contract.

Current off-contract/free agents (midfield) living in Australia (based off former A-League experience):

• Gareth Edds (30)
  • Paul Reid (32)
  • Chris Grossman (24)
  • ?Panny Nikas (23) - rumoured to be at Henan Jiayne or Johor FC
  • Kaz Patafta (23)
  • Howard Fondyke (22)
  • Josip Skoko (36)
  • Ante Tomic (20)
  • Chris Tadrosse (26)
  • Adam Casey (25)
  • Matthew Osman (28)
  • Brendan Gan (23)

I'm probably missing a few, but this is the list of possible players we could go for (based off A-League experience within the last season and a half, age and Australian residency).

Anything we do in this transfer window would either be transfers out or short term deals as we have a full 23-man squad.

Surely, with a full squad of 23 we would have to release a player ('mutually agreed terms' I think is the phrase used) or transfer one before we could sign a player on full contract? As I see it we are looking at an injury replacement (for Fred and others), and we could always sign a guest player for 10 weeks.

Edited by jw1739

We should look at Tasmanian Keeper Alex Cisak - He's currently keeping Dean Bouzanis out of a game at Oldham.

The other person I think we should look at is Shane Cansdell-Sherriff who's playing at Shrewsbury Town in Div. 2 in England. He's a defender - 29, so is younger than Colosimo but still has experience that our young players could learn off - fringe Socceroo.

None of the replacements sound like they'd worth the effort.

Shroj, Germano, Thompson, Sarkies can compete for 3 positions in midfield.

I'm actually a bit disappointed in the lack of ambition by JVS statements, it sounds like he doesn't believe we can finish top 2, and we're just hanging on for a finals spot. Reality is we're 2nd with a game in hand with probably our best team available soon apart from Fred.

We should look at Tasmanian Keeper Alex Cisak - He's currently keeping Dean Bouzanis out of a game at Oldham.

The other person I think we should look at is Shane Cansdell-Sherriff who's playing at Shrewsbury Town in Div. 2 in England. He's a defender - 29, so is younger than Colosimo but still has experience that our young players could learn off - fringe Socceroo.

Can't see a guy starting for Oldham, making a small pathway for himself in England wanting to move here.

Bouzanis, as I have suggested, could be our man.

Cansdell-Sheriff is a pretty underrated player, but not really a fringe Socceroo as I can almost guarantee 75% of the posters on this forum would never have heard of him before.

kingawesomness: all those players bar 1 or 2 are pretty big backwards steps for our club. We've already got 2 donkeys in Sarkies and Maycon, don't need another one.

I would prefer we promote from the youth team (Brodie Patterson!) than sign any of those guys.

EDIT: by all accounts, Bouzanis is a bit of a wanker. Surprised as to why he didn't sign for Victory then..

Edited by marteaux

Can't see a guy starting for Oldham, making a small pathway for himself in England wanting to move here.

Bouzanis, as I have suggested, could be our man.

He was training at MV last year. He was going to sign for them, instead of Covic - but then got an offer from Oldham.

He was training at MV last year. He was going to sign for them, instead of Covic - but then got an offer from Oldham.

Not saying he would - just saying hes a good keeper, and around the age we should be looking as a replacement for bolton. Mind you - Bolton has a few years left in him - not uncommon for keepers to keep going into their 40's.

I'm actually a bit disappointed in the lack of ambition by JVS statements, it sounds like he doesn't believe we can finish top 2, and we're just hanging on for a finals spot. Reality is we're 2nd with a game in hand with probably our best team available soon apart from Fred.

Where has JVS said that he doesn't think we can finish top 2? He has said that, as a team, we're still a bit behind Roar and CCM in terms of cohesion, but this doesn't mean we can't make second. We've got a bloody hard run home, but we'll also come up against CCM and the Roar at the end of the season during their ACL campaign, so if we can get some scalps this week and close the gap we'll hopefully be in a good position late.

Doubt we'll make a signing before the end of the transfer window. I'd be interested to hear who we're looking at from other clubs for next season.

He only signed for Oldham a few weeks ago.

Made comments on facebook or twitter that he'd signed with MV pre-season which turned out to be premature.