malloy

Squad for next year:

----------------- Redmayne-------------------

-------Hamill - Thwaite - Colosimo-------

Marrone ------------------------------ Behich

------------------- Bresciano ------------------

------- Dugandzic - Fred - Halloran -------

-------------------- Babalj ----------------------

Can anyone see this team not winning the league by a long way? Gee. I love speculating.

If we pick up Halloran, Thwaite, Bresciano for next year: we will be incredible.

I do think we should sign one of the Saudi attacking players, would bring in massive crowds and the Saudi fans were pretty awesome last night.

it would be hard to convince one of the Saudi's to join. They get paid a fortune at home by the club's oil rich owners and are treated like rock stars...

Thwaite and Halloran should definitely be our two number one targets. Would imagine there will be a scamble to pick up a lot of their young talents. Would be happy picking up any of the young guys mentioned but Halloran is definitely the stand out of the young crop there that would come straight into our first XI. Bresc would be a coup beyond belief.

Squad for next year:

----------------- Redmayne-------------------

-------Hamill - Thwaite - Colosimo-------

Marrone ------------------------------ Behich

------------------- Bresciano ------------------

------- Dugandzic - Fred - Halloran -------

-------------------- Babalj ----------------------

Can anyone see this team not winning the league by a long way? Gee. I love speculating.

even take hamill off and put thompson in the middle with bresc

On 27 July 2011, Charisteas signed a one-year contract with Panetolikos F.C.. His first goal of the season came on 14 September 2011 when he scored the winning goal in the 1–0 home win against Asteras Tripolis F.C.

Still think this guy with his following and experience and skill would be an unreal option for us and for Babalj to learn off. Think he ticks all the boxes. Would dominate this league and be exactly what we lack.

someone just give bresc a heart shirt already. He was amazing

Cooper, Thwaite, Halloran,

Jake Barker-Daish

& Breschiano should be our main targets for next season

Fred & Breschiano in the middle would be amazing

Breschiano YES PLEASE!

The others really, dont recycle crap,think before your stuck!!!!

If you are signing a player to bring the crowds you are better of bringing in an Italian, Greek, player from the Balkans, etc. Not a Saudi...

DEFINATELY NOT A SAUDI!!!! ITALIAN,BALKAN,FRENCH, and someone who will sell the league!!!

If we want a crowd seller sign Charisteas.

He will pull in Greeks from Oakleigh to Mill Park, which will be fantastic for the club revenue wise, and he is also an experienced striker we need to have in order to support Babalj

big supporter of this idea. Melbourne is the biggest greek populated city outside of greece, and Charisteas would definitely help pull a crowd. Market the shit out of him in the greek newspapers, at clubs like south melbourne, heidleberg, oakleigh etc... and we'll see decent crowds coming to the games. Even non-greeks would have an interest in going to see a european championship winner, and even better, the scorer of the winning goal in the final play in the a-league.

never seen him play but would he fit in with Babalj? some partnerships just dont work

ie. drogba and torres, good and hamill, chamak and van Persie, smalling and evans.

he sounds great and i think we should get him, but need to think it through properly.

why would we spend all this money to grab a player from overseas and he only plays half a game or every second one?

Breschiano YES PLEASE!

The others really, dont recycle crap,think before your stuck!!!!

holloran: one of the brightest young prospects in the a-league

thwaite: a very solid player, called up to play against saudi's.

cooper: only 17 and has showed promise in only is first few a-league games

Jake Barker-Daish: to tell you the truth, havent really seen him play all that much, but hes only 18 and i have heard hes half decent.

it wouldnt be 'recycling crap' so much as it would be fighting for quality players with other teams who also want him.

Joel Porter is available. I'm not sure where he's at injury wise, he's been a long term injury at GCU, but he has been a proven goal scorer, admittedly in League 1 but also for Knights and Sydney olympic and a few Socceroos goals.

JOEL PORTER WALKS ON WATER TRA-LA-LA-LA-LA

anyone read any articles that say anything about who we're interested in?

from what i've read so far;

Rogic has interest from Victory and Newcastle

Traore interest from victory and sydney

Thwaite has interest from perth and victory

Halloran has interest from victory

Gol Gol Mebrahtu has interest from wellington

Hernandez has interest from sydney and adelaide

anyone read any articles that say anything about who we're interested in?

from what i've read so far;

Rogic has interest from Victory and Newcastle

Traore interest from victory and sydney

Thwaite has interest from perth and victory

Halloran has interest from victory

Gol Gol Mebrahtu has interest from wellington

Hernandez has interest from sydney and adelaide

I would say that the runour mill has ground to a halt recently. JD is on Twitter saying that we will add 'some players' to the squad, which means 'some players' will be leaving, but other than that I'm struggling to hear a whisper of anything. In fact, the club seems to have gone rather quiet lately. Are we preparing to hibernate for winter?