Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Did you not realize Srhoj was dropped from the squad?

JvS rates both Ried and Germano over Srhoj ATM.

He is also reportedly on $250k+ and the club don't want to retain him unless he takes a cut.

Also feiw, Worm is definitely gone.

yes obviously he was dropped against CCM in favour of reid, but that doesn't take away from the fact that i hadn't seen us win a single header all game in the midfield and we were constantly being out muscled. Shroj may not have the passing ability of germano or reid but what he does bring is height, strength and a bit of grunt. An old fashioned defensive midfielder whose job is to cut off the opposition and just be there to win the ball, and let the attacking midfielders do the creating and the distributing. Ideally you would want someone like that to also be a good distributer but it's very hard to find a player like that in this league. Someone like Paartalu would be fantastic, but i doubt he'd leave brisbane anytime soon.

i doubt Shroj is on 250k unless he's the highest paid player at the club?

Lets face it, there are better options out there than Shroj. At times the bloke plays like a brainless ape. Some on the passes ive seen him try in games even xavi wouldnt bother. He wastes so much of the ball and really your DM along with your CM should be the best passer in your team. Shroj is the one the worse.

He is getting paid a fair bit, im not sure about the figure but its up there. He simon and fred and getting paid the most. Waste of money to be honest.

Edited by HeartFc

i doubt Shroj is on 250k unless he's the highest paid player at the club?

Bolton, Colosimo, Fred, Thompson, Worm, Terra and Srhoj take up more than half of our wage bill which is around $2.2m

Other than Marrone and Dugandzic, pretty much everyone else is on around $46-80,00

For goodness' sake folks, do the numbers. We already have 14 players contracted for next season, including two visa players. The FFA has asked clubs not to contract more than four visa players under the proposed 3+1 rule. The senior squad has a maximum of 23 players.

We are just not going to sign all the youth squad, half-a-dozen good VPL players, plus a handful of visa players. It just cannot happen.

For goodness' sake folks, do the numbers. We already have 14 players contracted for next season, including two visa players. The FFA has asked clubs not to contract more than four visa players under the proposed 3+1 rule. The senior squad has a maximum of 23 players.

We are just not going to sign all the youth squad, half-a-dozen good VPL players, plus a handful of visa players. It just cannot happen.

The 3+1 rule isn't effective next season afaik?

Ive never actually seen FFA confirm it anyway, if I'm wrong can you please link me.

The 3+1 rule isn't effective next season afaik?

Ive never actually seen FFA confirm it anyway, if I'm wrong can you please link me.

I'm going on what (I thought) I heard Scott Munn say on his HeartCast interview. It was more or less a throw-away line at the end of the discussion on that topic.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Being legit here, we should throw $500,000 at Mile Novakovic from Koln.

An absolute freak, would also fulfill peoples fantasy of a "goal machine".

He has been a bit on the outer with emergence of Clemens and dominance of Podolski. He's also retired from the NT after missing out on Euro.

I'm going on what ... Scott Munn said on his HeartCast interview. It was more or less a throw-away line at the end of the discussion on that topic...

I have just listened to Scott Munn again. He does indeed say that all clubs were advised by the FFA prior to the start of this season not to contract outside the four visa players.

It is at about the 11.00 minute mark of the HeartCast.

An imposing, experienced Centre Back, 24-29 yrs of age who can calmly and consistently distribute the ball effectively and continue to teach Hamill and Good, AND who can score at set pieces... This type of player should be a top priority for the new Manager. Such a player could be found in Seria B or in Budesliga 2.

In terms of experience, look at the value defensively of Colossimo, even though he lacks a little bit when compared to Madaschi. Nothing against Simon, however, if the club could secure a new CB, then he would be the back-up to that player, whilst you would continue to develop and rotate Hamill and Good (or play them both, depending on the team set-up).

Does anyone know how the club has tradionally scouted its players, including overseas?

Gold Coast going may make things interesting.

I'd give Jake Barker-Daish a look in, Melbourne boy, went to Caulfield Grammar and is quite good mates with Kilment Taseski. JBD has also been rather solid since making his debut against us.

Ben Halloran and Chris Harold must be looked at, seriously these guys are absolute guns, will be future Socceroos if they continue the way they're going.

Barker-Daish is the most likely to come to Heart though, I say Johnny Didulica should sign him up now!