Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

All im saying is dont be surprised if Hernandez gets popped up in the rumour mill in the next month or two

We should be hearing about Charisteas coming to Heart after the Euro Cup is finished. Heart are really keen to bring him down because of the crowds he will attract. He is also very keen

• Like 1

0% chance of getting carlos. Wouldnt want him either.

I wouldnt want to get Charisteas either, the bloke doesnt really score enough to be honest. Would be a massive waste of funds. Would rather Eli in that role.

When GC folds we need to raid them.

- Thwaite

- Halloran

- Jungschläger

- Mitch Cooper

didnt look at wiki coz i know what kind of player he is and we need a goal scorer.. which he isnt. End of.

jungshlager won't do much for us at all.

Charisteas would be an aerial threat, something which we don't have, would be banging them in from corners, crosses etc.. which we don't seem to threaten teams at all despite getting a lot of balls into the box with no real finish. Good finisher, has a lot of experience having also won the Euro championships in 2004. We'd also see bigger crowds, and if the club is interested in converting a lot of old NSL supporters to the a-league (who. lets be honest, are mostly of greek, italian, croatian serbian etc... background, what better way to do it than to bring the player who scored the winning goal in the euro championship final)

Jungshlager would just be another player to throw in with the hundred other central midfielders we have at the club. We've already got an abundance of central midfielders, and to be honest i'd rather see Taseski/Kalmar being played instead of recruiting junschlager.

We've only got 1 'target man' up front in babalj, and as much as i like him and would like to see him getting a lot of game time, if he has a drop in form or is injured, we won't have anyone of real quality to replace him.

heart_fan10 im not hugely set on Jungshlager, but worth a lookski. Id be very keen on Halloran though, the kid can play.

As for aerial threats you dont consider 6'4 babalj a threat??

I think we simply need a goal machine. Pure finisher with a good record. In terms of bringing in a Greek or cro or any euro really, which would bring in a crowd id suggest players like..

Marko Pantelic

Jan. Vennegoor

Adrian Mutu

Tomo Sokota

Edgur gudjohnsen

Illias Anastasakos

All these guys play the role we need, which is a 15+ goal scoring striker. Its the one posi we need more than any other.

I think we only need to see three key signings in the off-season. ST, creative CM and CB. I'd be happy to see the rest be given to our young guys. How long can we keep the likes of Goodwin on a youth contract when he is playing first team football? Would we expect to see him signed up to fully pro terms next season? Or continue on the same NYL contract?

Surely have to sign Goodwin to a senior contract? If we don't someone else surely will.

Add Goodwin and Taseski to the 14 already signed. So that's 16.

what has worm have to do to justify a new contract?

Personal views aside (I know he's not like by all, but I actually like Rutger Worm) the problem is the 3+1 rule. If Worm stays, the fourth visa player has to be from the AFC, which rules out anyone from South America or Europe (e.g. Charisteas). Not sure about it, but can we sign visa players for the NYL - which would allow us to pick up del Solar?

I also agree with the sentiments on Taseski and Goodwin. If we sign them to the seniors, that brings us to 16.

Judging from the last two games and the number of times we cough up the ball in midfield, IMO the critical signings are now 4 - Striker, two creative midfielders, and one centre-back. That brings us to 20.

So it's a matter of fitting it all into the squad cap of 21-23. So it means you have to look at guys like Sarkies and Thompson and ask are they really going to go on from here, (and are they crowd-pullers) or are we better to get in someone else? It is not going to be easy.

Needs moar Florent Malouda!

Also Babalj will 100% play for oolyroos next year after them not scoring in 5 games! Would need a few more strikers, I think get Sibon back for his final year!

Dude, next Olympics isnt for another 4 years.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 2

heart_fan10 im not hugely set on Jungshlager, but worth a lookski. Id be very keen on Halloran though, the kid can play.

As for aerial threats you dont consider 6'4 babalj a threat??

I think we simply need a goal machine. Pure finisher with a good record. In terms of bringing in a Greek or cro or any euro really, which would bring in a crowd id suggest players like..

Marko Pantelic

Jan. Vennegoor

Adrian Mutu

Tomo Sokota

Edgur gudjohnsen

Illias Anastasakos

All these guys play the role we need, which is a 15+ goal scoring striker. Its the one posi we need more than any other.

How does this fit in with the marquee if Fred is still with us?

Gudjohnsen probably isnt a goal machine as such, stats wise, (certainly better stats than charisteas) but he plays type of role we need. He wouldnt be my first choice, neither would Anastasakos. Its more the role of the player im highlighting. Of course if they happen to be greek, cro, serb etc. it helps bring in a few more numbers. Im not doubting charisteas can play but would be play the role we need, hopefully but historically like you said, he plays a number of roles, an out and out striker isnt his best.

Well to date, its been obvious our system doesn't really work well with/require traditional strikers/clinical finishers.

We don't produce enough quality from the cross to constantly supply that type of player. Thats why Babalj and Terra have more or less worked well in the position, playing the ball along the ground, etc.

The Ideal CF for us would be a poor mans Ibrahimovic or Berbatov (circa 06-09) someone with class when the balls at there feet, who can supply just as well as they finish.

All im saying is dont be surprised if Hernandez gets popped up in the rumour mill in the next month or two

We should be hearing about Charisteas coming to Heart after the Euro Cup is finished. Heart are really keen to bring him down because of the crowds he will attract. He is also very keen

Where did you hear this?

I know, but as I see it he's a good footballer and as much as we all don't like him, if he was on the park in a Heart jersey scoring goals, I would not be complaining.

I wouldn't want him because he only plays 5 minutes every game. He walks around like he's a beachcomber when the opposition has the ball - its like Victory have had someone sent off. His lack of effort means every other player on the team unfortunate enough to have him has to work twice as hard, meaning they are risk at fatiguing at the close of games. He has to score a goal a game to make up for the (minimum) one his bludging concedes. He looks good on a highlights package, or a DVD but live you can see what impact he has over 90 minutes and its not pretty.

Charisteas coming to Heart after the Euro Cup is finished. Heart are really keen to bring him down because of the crowds he will attract. He is also very keen

if he is a proven goal scorer and can also pull in the crowds, send him on the next plane!

I wouldn't want him because he only plays 5 minutes every game. He walks around like he's a beachcomber when the opposition has the ball - its like Victory have had someone sent off. His lack of effort means every other player on the team unfortunate enough to have him has to work twice as hard, meaning they are risk at fatiguing at the close of games. He has to score a goal a game to make up for the (minimum) one his bludging concedes. He looks good on a highlights package, or a DVD but live you can see what impact he has over 90 minutes and its not pretty.

Lol? He plays 90 minutes every match, but Magilton is a gimp who doesn't know who his best three players are & Kewell, Thompson or him always start off the park.

He works just as hard as anyone else & is a match changer, the guy is a great football as far as I'm concerned, he's elegant, he's simple & he's effective, anyone who disputes this & just chooses to pay out on him because he's "fat" is a deluded moron, the guy looks dangerous every attack, fwiw he's a natural "Attacking" Midfielder, he's not one of the guys that NEEDS to get back.

Just heard that we are looking to sign either pasfield or reddy for next season. The club dont feel redmayne is ready step up straight away. I hope this is false also the club will be signing Jason Trifiro. I dont think the club were to impressed with Glen Trifiro.

Also a bit more news about Hernandez the club is offloading the imports (Worm & Maycon, hopefully not Terra aswell) to try and fit him into the salary cap

Srhoj is leaving.

He's our 5th best Midfeilder anyway.

Also I honestly don't feel Hernandez would fit in well. We play high up the pitch and he would leave us even more vulnerable on the counter than we are currently.

Edited by LR9

Not sure why people are wasting their time on carlos talk. Not happening.

ok so..

Worm. Gone.

Maycon. GONE!

Reid. Gone.

Sarkies. Gone.

Ibrahim. Gone.

Srhoj. Gone. (I wish)

Terra. ?? who knows. His a very handy impact player off the bench..

Leaves us with 2 vacant import spots (maybe 3)

We need a big strong CB and a capable ST.