Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Halloran is contracted, only way of getting him is if GC fall.

Reading Aloisi's chat thing in the Herald Sun he mentions transfer dealings are already underway and they are looking to improve certain areas.

Interesting, he sounded like a man in control of that.

Yeah i would love to know who is on our shortlist...

Halloran is contracted, only way of getting him is if GC fall.

Reading Aloisi's chat thing in the Herald Sun he mentions transfer dealings are already underway and they are looking to improve certain areas.

Interesting, he sounded like a man in control of that.

if gold coast fail, i as a melbourne heart supporter would look into 3 or 4 of their players. they have quality but are lacking 2 or 3 star players otherwise they would be a decent team.

not too sure which a-league players are contracted or not but found out this weekend that mitch brown will move to newcastle at the start of next year. adverage players are up for grabs...

i would look for a new experienced centre-half, (ie Madashi, but on a permanent deal) and a player as close to the quality of fred as possible. btw, i think we have one too many wingers, however, they have all played well this season.

we may have too many wingers now but next season we will need to sign another one with Worm and Terra most likely leaving. From the sounds of how Ibrahim in travelling i doubt he will be offered another contract, which leaves us with only Williams, Dugandzic, and Zahra. Dugandzic has been our best winger this season, williams hasn't had the best of seasons so who knows if he is going to have a good one next season, and who knows if Zahra is going to get back to his best form after that injury.

we may have too many wingers now but next season we will need to sign another one with Worm and Terra most likely leaving. From the sounds of how Ibrahim in travelling i doubt he will be offered another contract, which leaves us with only Williams, Dugandzic, and Zahra. Dugandzic has been our best winger this season, williams hasn't had the best of seasons so who knows if he is going to have a good one next season, and who knows if Zahra is going to get back to his best form after that injury.

There is a chance Dugandzic will go to Europe. If he maintained the form he had at the start of the season it would be a certainty, but its still a good chance it could happen despite his drop in form of recent times.

We will probably see Goodwin as a regular next season so that would likely mean Behich secures the 1st XI left wing spot. Actually, considering behich's crossing is a bit dodgy, wouldn't mind seeing him on the right wing and cutting inside instead of crossing. That would probably be his best position in all honesty given hi attributes.

So probably need 1 winger signed if Dugandzic leaves, as that would leave Williams, Zahra, Behich. Would be nice if terra is resigned though.

Edited by Tesla

I cant believe we havent resigned Terra yet. Id like to know whether or not negotiations have been attempted or if theyve been left alone.

I do agree however that we need a back up centre half. And i also completely agree that Behich is not the best crosser, so for him to run down the right and cut in i think would be good. But obviously if terra leaves we need a new target man too.

Fingers crossed for a busy off season :D

I cant believe we havent resigned Terra yet. Id like to know whether or not negotiations have been attempted or if theyve been left alone.

I do agree however that we need a back up centre half. And i also completely agree that Behich is not the best crosser, so for him to run down the right and cut in i think would be good. But obviously if terra leaves we need a new target man too.

Fingers crossed for a busy off season :D

Terra is hardly a target man, Babalj is the go. Zac Walker from the youth team needs promoting to replace Maycon who should go. Then not sure if we make another signing, if worse comes to worse we have Williams.

Terra is hardly a target man, Babalj is the go. Zac Walker from the youth team needs promoting to replace Maycon who should go. Then not sure if we make another signing, if worse comes to worse we have Williams.

terra has already been told he wont be required for next season, maycon will certainly be leaving, and im assuming Worm will join JVS on the plane back to holland

• Like 1

How is this different to the 'Transfers' thread?

Anywho, for those asking, 14 players have been signed beyond this season, and the rest are either in contract negotiations (Srhoj, Thompson, etc.) and the rest have been told they are no longer required or will retire.

• Like 1

Tobias Feisthammel from Alemannia Aachen in the Budesliga 2. He is 24, plays Centre back (wears number 5) and is out of contract mid year. He is also a goal scorer at set pieces (see vid link). This guy would dominate the league...

http://www.transferm...eler_40669.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm5atHfw84I

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 1

How is this different to the 'Transfers' thread?

Anywho, for those asking, 14 players have been signed beyond this season, and the rest are either in contract negotiations (Srhoj, Thompson, etc.) and the rest have been told they are no longer required or will retire.

Who are the 14 players that have signed already?

I also think Terra, Worm and Maycon are not required and we can find a lot better.

Yes, it's all been covered in the 'Transfers' thread.

The players already contracted for next season are:

Andrew Redmayne (GK);

Michael Marrone, Brendan Hamill, Simon Colosimo, Curtis Good, Aziz Behich;

Jason Hoffman, Fred, Jonaton Germano;

Mate Dugandzic, Adrian Zahra, David Williams, Eli Babalj, Nick Kalmar.

Mattia Mustacchio from Vincenza in Serie B.

He's been dominating for them, in my fifa12 game.

22 years old, Italian youth international...

Actually decently rated in Italy too.

If he even wanted to leave, a few Serie B (and possibly even lower A) clubs would be willing to pick him up pretty easily.

Interesting:

"

Phil Petreski, a youth-team fringe player who turns 17 next month, was a standout at left back, while the Trifiro brothers - 2011 Victorian Premier League player of the year Jason and Glen - shone and look worthy of A-League contracts."

Yes, it's all been covered in the 'Transfers' thread.

The players already contracted for next season are:

Andrew Redmayne (GK);

Michael Marrone, Brendan Hamill, Simon Colosimo, Curtis Good, Aziz Behich;

Jason Hoffman, Fred, Jonaton Germano;

Mate Dugandzic, Adrian Zahra, David Williams, Eli Babalj, Nick Kalmar.

Going on from this...Scott Munn also commented that clubs have been asked not to contract more than four visa players next season, under the proposed 3+1 rule.

So from the remaining players currently under contract I suggest the following is likely:

Clint Bolton will retire.

Roganovic, Worm, Terra and Maycon will all be released.

Reid will be released when his short-term contract expires.

Ibrahim and Taseski will probably be released. If they were to be retained I would have thought it would have been announced when the other four youngsters were signed to the end of 2014.

Leaving Sarkies, Thompson and Srhoj, who may or may not be released.

In looking at what might happen, we have to consider who might come up from the NYL squad, and who was invited to Hawaii. Plus del Solar who is playing with Hume (I think) and wants to play for Heart.

Looking at the 14 already signed up for next year we need:

A reserve goalkeeper,

At least one experienced defender,

Some class in both midfield, on the wings and in front of goal.

We need players who can beat someone with their skills rather than rely just on speed, players who can cross the ball, and a lot more venom in sight of goal.

ATM I think we're too pretty and too nice.

I think it would be short sighted for the club to release Taseski.

Other than that, I agree with you as per usual JW!

A reserve goalkeeper, what about the guy that went to Hawaii?

We need an experienced, leader as a defender. Big and able to hold us together at set pieces.

Strikers who can score goals. And yes more class in the midfield.

Agree 100%

A reserve goalkeeper, what about the guy that went to Hawaii?

It pretty much came down to him (Vedran Janjetovic) and Roganovic as our Back-up for this season, and they obv went with Roganovic. May have been due to the hassles with re-location, etc.

However the signs are positive, with him headed over to Hawaii.

The Trifiro's will be strongly considered too.

i would keep worm, incase duganzic leaves, terra leaves, zara still isnt fit, and (worst case scenario) another wide player gets injured. williams isnot a winger, he drift wide but hes an 'off the shoulder' centre forward, and hes good as an alternative to Babalj.

The club should look at the Eastern European leagues where the players would be grateful to even get paid..

The Croatian league for example has some good young players that are living in poverty because the clubs can't pay them.

^same as in south america or africa. surely there are many talents there, who would take the minimum wage (ie germano)

Get another Centre back !!!!

I wasn't saying he should be - just that I feel he probably will be. The difficulty I see is that with 14 already contracted, there are 7-9 spots open in the senior squad. The more these are filled by existing players, the more likely it is that we will see the same sort of play and results as per the past two seasons. I think we're all pretty much agreed that there do need to be a few changes in our game and that the squad needs to be better balanced. And I do think we should try to get someone up front with a bit of a name to pull the fans in.

I think we only need to see three key signings in the off-season. ST, creative CM and CB. I'd be happy to see the rest be given to our young guys. How long can we keep the likes of Goodwin on a youth contract when he is playing first team football? Would we expect to see him signed up to fully pro terms next season? Or continue on the same NYL contract?

my predicitions are we will sign both trifirio brothers

Maycon, terra worm and roganovic out

Vedran Janjetovic the keeper in hawaii, will be signed

Charisteas and Carlos Hernandez will also be signed

I have mentioned Hernandez because apparently the coach has been racist to him, thompson doesnt pass the ball and he is just treated like shit. A couple people deeply involved with the Heart have been really keen to sign him up. Dont be surprised if rumour about this pops up in the next month or 2

Edited by christian7

my predicitions are we will sign both trifirio brothers

Maycon, terra worm and roganovic out

Vedran Janjetovic the keeper in hawaii, will be signed

Charisteas and Carlos Hernandez will also be signed

I have mentioned Hernandez because apparently the coach has been racist to him, thompson doesnt pass the ball and he is just treated like shit. A couple people deeply involved with the Heart have been really keen to sign him up. Dont be surprised if rumour about this pops up in the next month or 2

Don't mind Vedran Janjetovic as our second keeper behind Redmayne.

No chance of Hernandez.

Charisteas would be amazing. Both for his talent and goalscoring, and also bringing in the fans. We need a signing like that.

I think Worm, Terra and definitely Maycon are gone. Same with Roganovic.

what has worm have to do to justify a new contract?