Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

for fucks sake.

Paul Reid offers shit fuck all, he hasn't even played competitive football for 6 months. Pull yer head in Scott.

This.

We have Sarkies, Germano and Srhoj to replace Fred.

We need a defender, our defence is so inexperienced.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sainsbury a LB or RB?

Also, he's also very young - we've already got 2 young defenders, we should really go for someone a little more experienced.

That said, I wouldn't mind having Sainsbury, would be pretty handy.

On Paul Reid: He hasn't played or trained for around 6 months. Hardly an ideal replacement for Fred, but JD has promised movement in the transfer market, so we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by marteaux

Agreed, with Madaschi gone we currently have: Good, Hamill, Colosimo and Germano/Thompson who can cover. Our midfield and forwards can cope without Fred. As promising as Good and Hamill are, i wouldn't want to see them pairing come finals. A defender should be our priority over a midfielder

Based off FIFA12 (nowhere near the most ideal research tool), the following players are out of contract at the end of the season:

• Bolton
  • Colosimo
  • Terra
  • Worm
  • Marrone
  • Srhoj
  • Roganovic
  • Taseski
  • Ibrahim
  • Maycon
  • Sarkies

Who would you want us to offer contracts to and who should be left off the list for next season?

• Bolton - retiring at the end of the year, keen to get into media work.
  • Colosimo - depending on his wage demands, a 1y/d would suffice. Can't see HIM wanting to stay if van't Schip does.
  • Terra - too early to tell, and once again it depends on wage demands.
  • Worm - 1y/d, he's proven his ability, and can only get better.
  • Marrone - if we can resign him for next year, that'd be wonderful, but he's 90% off to Europe next season.
  • Srhoj - released in favour of a younger midfielder.
  • Roganovic - 2y/d, to be our full time no.2 behind a new keeper.
  • Taseski - he's been injured for a while, and will struggle to get a new contract unfortunately.
  • Ibrahim - resign to a 1y/d to give him one last go at proving his worth.
  • Maycon - bye bye Maycon.
  • Sarkies - released. A VPL career beckons, Kristian.

Based off FIFA12 (nowhere near the most ideal research tool), the following players are out of contract at the end of the season:

• Bolton
  • Colosimo
  • Terra
  • Worm
  • Marrone
  • Srhoj
  • Roganovic
  • Taseski
  • Ibrahim
  • Maycon
  • Sarkies

Who would you want us to offer contracts to and who should be left off the list for next season?

Keep: Bolton (if he wants another season), terra, worm, marrone, srhoj, roganovic, maybe sarkies

Let go: the rest

Roganovic is more or less gone. Our GK situation is under control, I gather.

Maycon should be gone - too much Farmville, not enough goals.

Srhoj is underrated by a lot of people here. Sign him for another year. We missed him against Adelaide, even if he is a bit of a midfield butcher (shins and passes).

Worm is a cool guy, and has added a bit to our tactical flexibility since he's been back. He's got his haters, but he's a keeper for another year or two.

• Bolton
  • Colosimo
  • Terra
  • Worm
  • Marrone
  • Srhoj
  • Roganovic
  • Taseski
  • Ibrahim
  • Maycon
  • Sarkies

Bolton: Has lifted in recent weeks, one of the reasons we've been doing quite well. Would offer him a one-year extension as reserve keeper.

Colosimo: Thought he was on a 3-year contract? Clearly doesn't get on well with JvS - to both their credits they've managed to work together. If JvS stays would hope that Colosimo leaves.

Terra: Release. Has just not lived up to expectations. Poor sense of positional play and loses concentration easily. Takes too long to get the ball under control. Tries to do the fancy stuff too often. Physically suspect.

Worm: His return to the starting line-up is another key reason why we have moved up the table. Has a problem lasting the full 90, but that's what substitutes are for. Adds width to our attack. Definitely retain him.

Marrone: Silly question! Not the most talented player in the squad, but tears his guts out for the team and for us. Keep him as long as we can.

Srhoj: Never thought I would say it, but retain him for a further year. He works hard in midfield.

Roganovic: No idea why we signed him. Should be released. IMO we've botched the GK issue right from the start of last season. We need to find a good first-team goalkeeper for next season. Most of the A-League keepers are poor, so we should look overseas.

Taseski: A good versatile player. Germano-esque. Pity about his injury. We should retain him.

Ibrahim: Huge disappointment. Somehow never quite delivers. With some of the lads in the NYL team on offer, he should probably be released.

Maycon: I'm sure we signed the wrong bloke - must have confused him with someone else on the video - probably the left-winger with the Afro. Watched him in the last home NYL game and his 'contribution' was an embarrassment. Definitely release.

Sarkies: I'm astonished that he has been on the sidelines for so long. Was the obvious successor to Skoko. Multi-talented, great awareness and vision. Should keep him.

IMO, now that we have a NYL squad as a back-up, one thing we should do for certain is keep one or two squad positions open just in case someone we really want becomes available during the season. I'd also like to see us looking at different sources for our O/S players, rather than signing second-raters from Brazil.

• Bolton - retiring at the end of the year, keen to get into media work.
  • Colosimo - depending on his wage demands, a 1y/d would suffice. Can't see HIM wanting to stay if van't Schip does.
  • Terra - too early to tell, and once again it depends on wage demands.
  • Worm - 1y/d, he's proven his ability, and can only get better.
  • Marrone - if we can resign him for next year, that'd be wonderful, but he's 90% off to Europe next season.
  • Srhoj - released in favour of a younger midfielder.
  • Roganovic - 2y/d, to be our full time no.2 behind a new keeper.
  • Taseski - he's been injured for a while, and will struggle to get a new contract unfortunately.
  • Ibrahim - resign to a 1y/d to give him one last go at proving his worth.
  • Maycon - bye bye Maycon.
  • Sarkies - released. A VPL career beckons, Kristian.

most of this i agree with though i'd retain sarkies and srhoj as back up. i don't think we'll be getting rid of maycon unfortunately.

taseski is young, should get another 1 yr to prove his worth (hopefully) injury free.

Bolton: Has lifted in recent weeks, one of the reasons we've been doing quite well. Would offer him a one-year extension as reserve keeper.

I think he has been awesome this year, why only reserve if he keeps this form up? However we definitely need a more than capable back up which we don't have at the moment.

• Like 1

Scouse, I for one would boycott attending matches if we signed Liam Reddy..

However, Mark Birighitti is linked with a move to Rutger Worm's old club NEC in Holland. He trialled there but I'm not so sure how successful he was.

Nathan Coe is another name that has been mentioned, more than a worthy replacement for Clint - who has hinted several times this year is his last.

Any other suggestions? I'd be happy with Coe or Birighitti.

On that point raised about Terra being too old to keep a NYL player out of the team.

1. He is 28/29 this year.

2. No one from the NYL team is fully ready to step up to the first time squad.

Edited by marteaux

Dean Bouzanis.

Whatever happened to the guy? Touted as Australias next no.1 goalkeeper, even had Rafa Benitez shouting his praises whilst he was at Liverpool. He trialled with Wellington Phoenix last year, and Victory tried to sign him and he rejected them and now he's completely fallen off the map. I'm pretty sure he spent some time at Sydney FC when he was at Liverpool too.

I also read somewhere that he was trialling with MK Dons, but not sure how truthful that was.

I would really like the club to go after someone young, bring through the next Mat Ryan or Mitch Langerak.

Oh thanks for that mate. Yep, I would be very happy with Redmayne aswell. Another quality, young Aussie keeper who's being kept out of first team football by a more experienced keeper (Galekovic-Birighitti, Theoklitos-Redmayne).

Only negative would be it would further weaken our team come Olyroos duty.

I'd be ecstatic with Birgihitti. Our policy is to bring in the next generation, and he fits the bill. Galekovic will be no.1 for a couple more years, if he wants to play, he should sign with us, wouldn't too expensive either, maybe 150k a year for 2 years. Collect a nice transfer fee too.

Edited by mulhollanddrive

have heard that we have already got a keeper signed (possible pre contract) for next season.

bza how can you say maycon is going to hang around? he has been playing in the reserves and couldnt do shit there and was dragged for being shit against sydney youth team.

bza how can you say maycon is going to hang around? he has been playing in the reserves and couldnt do shit there and was dragged for being shit against sydney youth team.

And he is only contracted to the end of the season. No way will he get offered an extension.