Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Sammy signed a new 3 year deal last year for Celtic last season.

Not a very popular deal with us Tims either, for obvious reasons.

They tried shopping him around at the start of year to English sides for no nibbles.

Since then Lennon has being trying to justify the new contract by playing him as a Big Game Player.

Regardless he won't leave Celtic unless another club pays him the same amount of money for such an extended period.

Edited by cadete

Not another HOFF!!!

I agree but disagree. When Hoffman's put where he's suppose to be & is comfortable he does what he has to do efficiently. A part of me wishes he became less of a nice guy and more aggressive; I think he'd really be able to push himself around on the pitch then and perform the way everyone wants him too all the time.. *~insert wishful thinking*

is it possible he could have an australian citizenship since he's lived here??

I don't think it's possible yet. Pretty sure you have to be living in Australia on a visa for 4 years before you can apply for a citizenship.

I wish we had signid Noth Korea's Jong Tae-Se, the guy is ace, but he joined Koln last week after tearing it up in the 2.Bundesliga over the past 18 months.

Would have been classifide as the "+1" Asian visa spot too.

I was legit thinking about that same guy today, he was really good against Brazil in the world cup if i remember correctly. Would have been awesome.

Speaking of North Koreans, this kid looks alright. Scored a hatrick against Australia's under 19's a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P3D1LnS22A

Edited by Che

What makes this Auckland City player the one for us?

Not being smart, just the second time I have heard of him here and am interested to know.

The key facets I see us lacking with our forwards are having a player that's experienced up front, strong, can reach a majority of balls given to them good or bad and can finish 9 times out of 10. This guy can do it and has been doing it for a long time. His pedigree also helps.

Fell off the Spanish radar right and the wrong time and is literally tearing the ASB to pieces. We could have him for next to nothing as well.

Edited by Woody

The key facets I see us lacking is a player that's experienced up front, strong, can reach a majority of balls given to them good or bad and can finish 9 times out of 10. This guy can do it and has been doing it for a long time. His pedigree also helps.

Fell of the Spanish radar right and the wrong time and is literally tearing the ASB to pieces. We could have him for next to nothing as well.

Thanks for that.

We definitely require an experienced players up front, and his pace would be something that would definitely fit in. His pedigree is impressive.

Send the scouts out I suppose.

I really want two experienced players to be recruited this winter. One a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net. Also a Centre Back who has experience, leadership and presence. Those are the two main areas in my opinion we need to press for the title. We have the nucleus of young, hungry, skillful and pacey players and plenty more coming through underneath, let's just top up a tad and I think success isn't too far away.

All depends on the coaching position. Very, very important.

Jong is practically Japanese ffs, shame he had no choice.

He was on a big pay packet at Kawasaki, impossible to fit him under the salary cap.

When you got the likes of Moriyasu playing in this league, you're dreaming with Jong.

Matt Mckay - looking for a move out of Rangers again, Postecoglou not committed

Postecoglou has previously said he is not interested in buying back McKay or even taking him back on loan.

http://www.foxsports...l-1226264296865

Would be a beast in the middle with Thomson and Fred.....not our number 1 priority though and is 29.....

Thoughts, we arnt renowned for spending big obviously but he is one of the very much class acts in the A-league

edit - Rangers want some of the 400K they spent on him 12 months ago back

Edited by Mentor

FFA, as of next season clubs can only have 4 players on international visas, (3+1) 3 can be from anywhere and 1 must be from the AFC, so could even be from bahrain like Adnan from brisbane classifies as the +1

Is that official ? i thought it was only rumor

FFA, as of next season clubs can only have 4 players on international visas, (3+1) 3 can be from anywhere and 1 must be from the AFC, so could even be from bahrain like Adnan from brisbane classifies as the +1

Yes, but we don't 'have to' fill the spot(s)

Nor is it official yet, and if it does come into place it won't likely be until 2013/14.

Bres was a world beater 7 years ago, (just about everyone forgets its HIM we have to thank for getting to Germany, getting the equaliser during the game and Aloisi just happened to take the last penalty), a good player a couple of years ago but now? I think his best days are well and truly behind him. Let him pick up his pension in the middle east and come home a hero and get introduced to the crowd and we all cheer and remember the legend that was, but don't stick a jersey on him.

• Like 1

He's not that old is he? I personally think he could play a massive role here in Australia if he comes in the next two years. Very good player, smart and has that leadership and smarts that could make him a vital player

Only 31 and still performing well overseas, I say he will be absolutely a hit here.

Also wouldn't this guy bring in the crowd:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andriy_Shevchenko

:D;)

Edited by Dynamo_Melb_Warrior

Its a no brainer that our international spots are very important and the value of our current signings need to be carefully considered. I would like us to target a foreign Centre Back; maybe somebody from the 2 division of the Budesliga who is a consistant performer, but is struggling to get a break in the 1st division. The lure of being a potential star in an up and coming league, and then the carrot of going into Asia for big money should enable MH to attract players of good calibre (i.e. Thomas Broich).

Watched same games recently and the standard / speed / gameplay and tactics are quite impressive. Some players that are out of contract soon that may be good for the team inlcude:

Dennis Kempe - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/kempe/profil/spieler_31215.html

Tobias Feisthammel - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/feisthammel/profil/spieler_40669.html

Hopefully John Aloisi reads this forum and he can arrange some scouting reports!

I think Seria B could also be a happy hunting ground for Centre Backs (Madaschi)

I think we are only one or two signings away from being a top 2 team. As is the entire league bar GCU to be fair. I think we need to get a manager in asap in pre-season so he has time to make decisions on the squad.

Going down the road of signing players without a manager in place is a dangerous one. Out of our internationals I think only Germano and Fred have shown enough to be considered to stay on for next season.

I'm guessing fred is on a multi year contract regardless. Terra even still would have to be 50/50. He has shown enough when he is fit to warrant his spot. But will he ever be fit consistantly enough? We can find a Worm replacement on similiar money and probably an Aussie too. He doesn't bring anything to the table that plenty of aussies wouldn't. And Maycon well yeah.

Worst move of the off-season has to be releasing Sibon and signing Maycon. Sibon would have covered for Fred's injury far better than any of the current squad.

Release Worm and Maycon and sign a CB and CF from Europe. Watch us win the league. Easy. :D

I think we are only one or two signings away from being a top 2 team. As is the entire league bar GCU to be fair. I think we need to get a manager in asap in pre-season so he has time to make decisions on the squad.

Going down the road of signing players without a manager in place is a dangerous one. Out of our internationals I think only Germano and Fred have shown enough to be considered to stay on for next season.

I'm guessing fred is on a multi year contract regardless. Terra even still would have to be 50/50. He has shown enough when he is fit to warrant his spot. But will he ever be fit consistantly enough? We can find a Worm replacement on similiar money and probably an Aussie too. He doesn't bring anything to the table that plenty of aussies wouldn't. And Maycon well yeah.

Worst move of the off-season has to be releasing Sibon and signing Maycon. Sibon would have covered for Fred's injury far better than any of the current squad.

Release Worm and Maycon and sign a CB and CF from Europe. Watch us win the league. Easy. :D

Fred is on a three-year contract and has two years to go. Germano is on a two-year contract and has one year to go. So both will be here next year barring transfers to another club.

Worm, Terra and Maycon are all out of contract at the end of this season. I'm certain Maycon will be released (why is he still here?), and the rumour mill has it that Terra has been told he is not required for next season. My gut feel is, now that JvS is leaving, that Worm will also be released. IMO neither Worm nor Terra have done enough, consistently, to warrant retention - with international players you really want to be certain that they are adding value before you retain them.

I hope that if we do look overseas to bolster the squad we look 'outside the box' rather than join the queue of other clubs picking over the same old territory. As you say, Melbourne and Australia have a lot to offer the right person, so we need players who are not just doing it for the money but have some other aspirations in life as well.

Question in relation to 3+1 rule (if it is coming in). What happens if a club has 5 internationals all signed beyond next season? Surely they wouldn't be forced to break a contract and release a player? Either way not an issue we will face as any reason to dump Maycon suits me. Worm not too far off.

Question in relation to 3+1 rule (if it is coming in). What happens if a club has 5 internationals all signed beyond next season? Surely they wouldn't be forced to break a contract and release a player? Either way not an issue we will face as any reason to dump Maycon suits me. Worm not too far off.

I thought I saw a post from Buddy that if this new rule is introduced it will be in 2013-14. Can't find that post now. But presumably that's why the FFA are flagging a possible change now - so that clubs can adjust before any new rule comes in.

Edited by jw1739

I thought I saw a post from Buddy that if this new rule is introduced it wioll be in 2013-14. Can't find that post now. But presumably that's why the FFA are flagging a possible change now - so that clubs can adjust before any new rule comes in.

no club has more than 3 internationals contracted after this season. I hope the rule doesn't come in as i think 5 internationals per team is good for the league. I do know that melbourne heart and a couple of other clubs have argued that they believe the 3+1 rule will not be beneficial to the league so i guess we'll find out more after this season.