Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Sydney FC are in the hunt for Perth Glory defender Scott Neville, who comes out of contract at the end of the season.

Despite a knee injury, which has sidelined the 22-year-old since October, Neville is considered hot property on the A-League market and could even attract interest from overseas.

The Australian youth international had an extended trial with English club Portsmouth last year before returning to Glory.

But his campaign was ruined by the knee injury picked up during a training mishap in New South Wales as Glory prepared to take on Newcastle Jets.

After initial concerns it could end his season and kill off his hopes of playing for Australia at the London Olympics, he has fought his way back to fitness and is expected to play for the youth team within two weeks.

His progress will be closely monitored by Sydney, while Glory officials, who have publicly expressed their intention to increase the squad's West Australian contingent, are expected to open talks soon.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/soccer/12777034/sydney-interest-in-neville/

I wouldnt mind the heart trying to sign him

Seen on twitter, (@christannerZSEM) "Chilean youth international and Melb. Heart target Jose Guerrero del Solar begins his transition to A-League by signing with VPL's Hume City"

Never heard of this guy? Did I miss something?

He's allegedly playing for Hume vs. Northcote on Sunday.

Interesting to speculate. If Heart are indeed planning to sign him for next season, and if the FFA do introduce the 3+1 rule for next season, because we already have Germano and Fred contracted for next season then that would mean that all of Worm, Terra and Maycon would have to be released at the end of the current season.

Hmm.

Chris Payne has left the Newcastle Jets. In my opinion he is a good player but he is lazy at times

never really given a proper chance at the jets even though he scored 10 goals out of 12 matches this season in the NYL.

I think he would be a decent signing

Doesn't he have a bit of a weight problem?

He's allegedly playing for Hume vs. Northcote on Sunday.

Interesting to speculate. If Heart are indeed planning to sign him for next season, and if the FFA do introduce the 3+1 rule for next season, because we already have Germano and Fred contracted for next season then that would mean that all of Worm, Terra and Maycon would have to be released at the end of the current season.

Hmm.

hmmm, well we pretty much know that maycon and terra are going. Now that JVS is going too maybe worm will go as well, because it's only because of JVS that worm was signed.

We've got plenty of central midfielders in the squad (Fred, Thompson, Germano, Shroj, Kalmar, Taseski, Sarkies) so we don't need anymore of those, it makes sense that we would be attempting to sign another forward/winger

interested to hear more about this guy...

So we need a striker. Badly. A guy who can put the ball in the back of the net consistently.

Anyone got anyone in mind? Who would be a good target for us? I think with a few we are getting rid of or retiring we will have salary cap room to attack two positions, that being a ST and a CB of experience and leadership.

Which striker could come in and fit into our system?

Like this idea. Not only a very good player, is 32 so not too far gone, and would attract some new fans no doubt.

Very talented goalscorer more importantly. Very much a fan of getting him. Good suggestion.

+1

would give us something a bit different up front, and is very dangerous from corners/set pieces into the box. We really lack an aerial threat, most of our corners and crosses are wasted opportunities

+1

would give us something a bit different up front, and is very dangerous from corners/set pieces into the box. We really lack an aerial threat, most of our corners and crosses are wasted opportunities

Totally agree. Sick of watching us getting bullied from set pieces then not doing anything from ours. A guy like Charisteas would provide us better in that area. Would also be a good role model for Eli. Get it done Scotty and Johnny. :D

Edited by Dynamo_Melb_Warrior

little bit off topic but have we ever scored off a corner? seems the cross always goes to the gk or attackers get beaten to the ball

same problem as last season we need a finisher, eli is good but holds onto it too long and seems lazy at times

Germano. Santa hat.

wasnt it because he needed to stay in europe if he wanted to be in greeces squad for euro 12

ye thats the reason why. greece were struggling for strikers (because of injury) at the time that JVS wanted to bring Charisteas down to Melbourne so he can officially sign for the Heart. The Greek FA told him not to go so he can play in the qualifiers and also guaranteed him a spot in the Euro 2012 squad

ye thats the reason why. greece were struggling for strikers (because of injury) at the time that JVS wanted to bring Charisteas down to Melbourne so he can officially sign for the Heart. The Greek FA told him not to go so he can play in the qualifiers and also guaranteed him a spot in the Euro 2012 squad

hopefully we can try re-sign him for next season

I don't think JvS should be making decisions that might impact on next season at all. What ever the reason(s) for his leaving, whatever his contribution to the club, whatever we think of him individually and collectively, and so on and so forth, he has decided that he is leaving his position as Heart senior coach at the end of this season. As has been pointed out elsewhere, our new senior coach will want to do at least some things differently, to establish his mark on the Heart and to display his own qualities as a senior coach. So to sign a player or players based on JvS' opinion is not the way to go. Ange Postecoglou took a year to clear the dead wood out of Brisbane before he could do what he wanted to do there. Our new coach - whoever he is - will want to do the same at Heart.

I like JvS, I'm sorry he's chosen to leave. But let's face it, our results have been mediocre, and at least one of our signings laughable. Change means change, so let the incoming coaching team make the decisions for the future.

Quote:

FORMER CHILEAN YOUTH STAR KICKS OFF AUSTRALIAN CAREER IN STYLE

After agreeing to terms with Victorian Premier League contenders Hume City this week, Jose Guerrero del Solar repaid the club with a goal and a penalty earned, in his first senior match in Australia as Hume beat Northcote 3-1 in a pre-season trial in Shepparton yesterday.

“It was a fantastic feeling to score for my new club” said the former Cobreloa junior “I have a lot of improving to do to adapt to the Australian style of football”

Guerrero del Solar has already caught the eye of Socceroo hero John Aloisi, the youth coach at Melbourne Heart, where he has been training since arriving from Chile. He is also on the radar of Brisbane Roar, Sydney FC and Gold Coast United.

“I just want to thank Louie (Acevski – Hume coach) and everyone at Hume for giving me this opportunity to start my Australian career” said Guerrero del Solar.

The young midfield flyer played a season for Knox City juniors before moving to Chile with his father. He developed under the strong Chilean system, making his senior debut at 17 with Cobreloa.

He has now returned to Australia and is based in Melbourne where he lives with his mother, believing that senior football in Australia will provide him with better pathways into Asia and Europe.

“It’s hard for young Chilean players to get opportunities overseas” he said. “Working with Heart and Hume has been a fantastic start to this stage of my career. I look forward to repaying everybody for the faith they have put in me”