Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

The club wont sign anyone with a big name, because they believe big name players dont draw crowds in this league, so they wont be willing to pay the extra money the player will want (above that which would be justified by his skill level) for being a big name.

Rodrigo Possebon, former Manchester United player, is unhappy at Vicenza and is looking to get out of his contract. Another Brazilian in midfield, but this time younger. Anyone up for that?

i am.

oh wait, i forgot, its all about breaking even this year isnt it?

we're not allowed to make any signings unless they take min wage.

trophies dont draw crowds, a good budget does! B)

i am.

a good budget gets me hot under the collar ;)

• Like 3

i am.

How much does the club pay you to get your nickers in a twist? must be alot

yea true and all this build up for that, we've known since half way thru last month he was coming to heart...

Actually, since February.

Not only is the announcement over-hyped, but why not do the decent thing by Redmayne and say something like 'Today at 3.15 p.m. we will be formally welcoming our new goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne to Heart. Andrew signed for the club back in February, and has now completed his commitments with his former club Brisbane Roar...blah blah blah...Melbourne Heart takes this opportunity to welcome Andrew to our club and to introduce him to staff, players and supporters.'

Damned good young keeper and great for the future of the club.

Welcome Andrew.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

Fucking incompetant bastards, this is what you get with fucking la trobe graduates/muppets running the media department of our club. Sever all ties, we should be hiring competant, experienced professionals from the academic pastures of Finland.

• Like 2

"Melbourne Heart FC@MelbourneHeart

There should be news on the coaching/player front in a few weeks. Jul 1 brings new possibilities with Euro player contracts ending."

Seriously, sick of hearing the whinging that we haven't signed anyone & it's concerning, like this tweet says;

1. The transfer window doesn't open until July 1 which I think most of you are oblivious too

2. Contracts expire June 30

There is no need to be concerned and/or whiny, theres plenty of time, it doesn't take 3-4 months to blend into a squad.

I also think this tweet reveals that the club are looking seriously for a few players in Europe or someone like Charisteas who is out of contract and could be on the way, which could be an accidental slip of the tongue by the PR guy, but most likely the former.

• Like 1

"Melbourne Heart FC@MelbourneHeart

There should be news on the coaching/player front in a few weeks. Jul 1 brings new possibilities with Euro player contracts ending."

Seriously, sick of hearing the whinging that we haven't signed anyone & it's concerning, like this tweet says;

1. The transfer window doesn't open until July 1 which I think most of you are oblivious too

2. Contracts expire June 30

There is no need to be concerned and/or whiny, theres plenty of time, it doesn't take 3-4 months to blend into a squad.

I also think this tweet reveals that the club are looking seriously for a few players in Europe or someone like Charisteas who is out of contract and could be on the way, which could be an accidental slip of the tongue by the PR guy, but most likely the former.

I think you are oblivious to the difference between "to" and "too"

• Like 2