Melbourne Football

Express cho self (Politically)

Hendo

Pretty much the only reason left to support Liberals over Labor http://www.news.com....0-1226289879196

Nope.

NBN.

Fucking joke, the horrible truth is that the majority amount of everyday fuckheads in our country will vote on the one policy that makes the headlines, other than the 120 other policies implemented, or even some shitcunts purely vote on gender.

Moving on, the NBN. Labor is implementing an outdated technology on a fucking nationwide scale. We're using fucking wires of copper and installing them on a huge scale at a significant and quite fucking ridiculous cost. Why aren't we using fucking wireless technology? Australia is already well behind the eight ball in terms of internet infrastructure and we will continue to be in the dark ages for a fucking long time.

your right about NBN being another big reason to not support labor.

However my anti-NBN sentiments are for a different reason, in that it costs far to much, and they should have explored routes of getting private funding for a similar network. Obviously they wouldn't get private funding for the current system as it is unnecessarily costly and not really economically viable.

Fwiw, wireless will never beat fibre optic in terms of speed/quality/reliability, but it might beat it in terms of cost efficiency. And fibre optic is not outdated neither and, since nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, it would take something rather innovative to beat fibre optic.

your right about NBN being another big reason to not support labor.

However my anti-NBN sentiments are for a different reason, in that it costs far to much, and they should have explored routes of getting private funding for a similar network. Obviously they wouldn't get private funding for the current system as it is unnecessarily costly and not really economically viable.

Fwiw, wireless will never beat fibre optic in terms of speed/quality/reliability, but it might beat it in terms of cost efficiency. And fibre optic is not outdated neither and, since nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, it would take something rather innovative to beat fibre optic.

FWIW, radio waves travel at the speed of light

fibre is definitely the way to go.. you would neeed to build a fuck tonne more mobile towers for wireless to be of any good, and what do you think theyre all gonna be interconnected by? fibre

yes. my problem is that the project involves far too much government spending, a more cost effective approach should have been undertaken and more funding should have been sought from the private sector. For example, thre are very high costs involved in connecting rural users, who will than pay the same amount as any other user, this is not right and is an example of why the government shouldn't undertake a project like this as they aren't adopting a purely commercial approach that will see a return on taxpayer dollars.

FWIW, radio waves travel at the speed of light

yes, but they aren't travelling as efficiently as fibre optics.

Also not sure if the latency of wireless can be improved, would probably require a shit load of mobile towers? (which would be necessary anyway if you have a lot of people connected)

And I cant see it ever being as reliable as fibre.

Hahaha yeah, my point was that technology advances too quickly to keep up to date anyway. By the time the NBN is finished, there will be a much better way of doing things.

Also, didn't they recently get two atoms to change in exactly the same way at the same time? Nowhere near quantum computing, but a massive step forwards nonetheless.

Turned 18 in August, gone to the pub only a handful of times. Loud cunt who just tends to scream chants instead of sing, dun give a fuck. Been chilling with the roosters last few games.

I'll try get down to the pub before end of season, doesn't look good though, busy as fuarkk.

when i was in trade school they showed us the wires inside the NBN wire so many strands that if touched fucks your skin and if you look directly in the wire that has the light it blinds you but this is going to take way way to long to roll out and only the richy areas get it first.

i live right next door to dandenong, south east isn't exactly a rich area (although there is parts which would be the same for the west I'm guessing?) i think maybe Brighton or around that area has it i cant remember who they said had it first.

i live right next door to dandenong, south east isn't exactly a rich area (although there is parts which would be the same for the west I'm guessing?) i think maybe Brighton or around that area has it i cant remember who they said had it first.

Trust me, after recently moving from the South East to the North/North West, your area is incredibly tame. I never realised how shit society had gotten whilst I was nestled away in the land of the family.

Trust me, after recently moving from the South East to the North/North West, your area is incredibly tame. I never realised how shit society had gotten whilst I was nestled away in the land of the family.

in the past 2 months 2 people have been found dead about 10 mins from my house, but yeah id rather live in the s/e then north/west i like my trees and space

in the past 2 months 2 people have been found dead about 10 mins from my house, but yeah id rather live in the s/e then north/west i like my trees and space

Mate, I lived in the centre of Carlton during the Gangland War...

Still live right nearby, when we hear a helicopter hovering for a while - we know it's best to stay inside until they have caught the gunman.

Mate, I lived in the centre of Carlton during the Gangland War...

Still live right nearby, when we hear a helicopter hovering for a while - we know it's best to stay inside until they have caught the gunman.

ouch yeah plenty of choppers flying around here to but this is really straying from the OP and its topic so i shall stop im not into politics so this is my que to gtfo like braveheart said :P

dont you live in the SE?

I understand it doesnt invalidate your point eitherway, just making sure.

Yes and it is worse than Adelaide.

Rather listen to bogans talk about shit within their intelligence levels than pretentious dipshits talk about something told to them in leyman's terms which is obviously well outside their levels of understanding and education.

• Like 1

pretentious dipshits talk about something told to them in leyman's terms which is obviously well outside their levels of understanding and education.

Reminds me of melbourne uni arts students.

In b4 cadete.

Edited by Tesla

Reminds me of melbourne uni arts students.

In b4 cadete.

In all seriousness cos of the unbelievably cut off for just Arts at the Uni they are actually fucken smart in tutes.

At UWA in Perth and La Trobe u could lay the smack down with utter ease, Melb u still lay it down but u have to work a far bit harder.

Where the annoying ones came down was the were so far left to the left of Stalin, basic conservative logic could make them look like fools - is was therefore much more fun just to take a conservative stance for lols at least (Even when you did not really believe it).

Also over time the hot rich gals would tend to sit next you - As they liked you defending their Private Education and Dad's spending money on them and not taxes.

Every fucken Arts Tute there came down to arguments about Private Education I am sure even a French one would...

TBH I miss those tutes - Good Times, I live through my brother's Tute Smackdown's now.

Edited by cadete