Melbourne Football

Membership numbers and how to increase them

Torn Asunder

8,272 was the official attendance. Other than for home derbies it was the second-highest ever home attendance, despite what was widely thought to be a poorly-scheduled match. IIRC we were second or third on the table at that point. Unfortunately, the Adelaide game was the start of a slump in form. Eleven days latter we drew 7,223 to the home match against Perth.

I don't think anyone really disputes the point you make about winning more matches at home to improve attendances. Winning more matches also creates positive media coverage. Once these two things happen, then memberships are likely to rise.

Edited by jw1739

The only way that we are going to get significantly more is to win home games. That would be a pleasant change, I'm looking forward to seeing it this season

Has been said but yes, winning games early will mean that we gain momentum and support and draw new and old members back into the club, PLaying attractive football ect attacking scoring goals will make people want to watch us.

And what are we doing to increase that number? Or cater for those who are already members?

Note that WSW drew 4,116 to a pre-season game vs. Blacktown, and there's a full report on the HAL web-site.

How many were at Port last night - 400?

I e-mailed Heart HQ on Tuesday to ask about admission cost to the Port game - haven't even had the courtesy of a reply.

This is simply because they are a new club.. If west Sydney were playing someone down here, I would go just for a look, check out the competition.. It could simply be curiosity, not just from wanderes fans, but from Sydney fc too.

And tbh, 400 attendance in the middle of the week isn't a bad effort anyway.. It's attendance at the park that matters when it really comes down to it, that's what makes the club money