Melbourne Football

Ando's hockey madness

Ando

Rough day at the office as Southern United dismantled us quite efficiently. 8-1 is probably a fair reflection of the game to be honest.

Wasn't a bad game to watch, You guys were very defensive though, seems like you all went out there to defend, second half saw you guys getting more on attack more often.

Very impressed with what I saw from Sir Ando ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So after not playing 2 seasons of hockey, I decided to make a surprise attendance at Dandenong for their last game of the season with their reserve team.

Felt pretty good where majority of the people there remembered me and welcomed me back, got stuck into it watching the game where they played against Yarra Valley.

Loosing 4-1 in the second half and watched a massive comeback where dandy won 5-4 and the few of around 70 people present there went nuts when the 5th goal occurred

Good day, keen to play hockey again next year

So after not playing 2 seasons of hockey, I decided to make a surprise attendance at Dandenong for their last game of the season with their reserve team.

Felt pretty good where majority of the people there remembered me and welcomed me back, got stuck into it watching the game where they played against Yarra Valley.

Loosing 4-1 in the second half and watched a massive comeback where dandy won 5-4 and the few of around 70 people present there went nuts when the 5th goal occurred

Good day, keen to play hockey again next year

I was there too. only saw the first half and thought there would be no chance of you guys coming back.

I play for yarra in the firsts so at least we beat you 3-2, tough game though. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Started hockey this season with Dandenong

Played 2 rounds in the reserves with already 2 goals

Now have made a permanent move to the senior side in Vic League 1

Last night played at the State Hockey Centre with all the other teams within the league

Played against Werribee where I made a 5 minute appearance, solid game until we went up 1-0 from a short corner, able to tag the athletic/fit players within the game and held it tightly with keeping possession and rarely made the long balls. We won the game which is our first coming into round 3 where we finished 3-1.

2nd goal was a straight hit from a short corner and the third came off a deflection. Our midfielder smashed the ball behind the 25 yard line from the left side and the ball went airborne at about ankle height, striker put his stick out while the keeper came out of the goals by a few metres. Ball deflected  and went underneath the keepers stick and rolled into the bottom left corner.

I must mention that our goal keeper had the game of his life with multiple saves that looked as if though it should have gone in. A fucking brick wall I can tell you.

Stayed behind to watch Casey vs Geelong and Yarra vs Melbourne Uni

Casey won 7-1 with their #22 scoring 3 goals and was an absolute beast

Yarra and Melbourne drew 1-1, Yarra controlled the midfield in the first half but their finishing were poor and their defence structure was average. Melbourne were average as well and lacked penetration into the D but took their limited chances to go 1-0 up. Yarra came back in the 2nd to make it 1-1 however Melbourne were more hungry to win the game and dominated possession in their forward line and had about 6 short corners with less than 10 minutes left but were a bunch of spastics and lacked creativity which was evident as they usually went for a straight hit which was always defended well.

Good night out, got there at 4, came home at midnight.

970745_10152353873719679_244316513581676

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 2

used to be on a fair bit some years back.

only once this year, quarter finals ffs

That put it on because some other sporting event was delayed or something.

How come I'm not getting notifications of your quoting but I do with everyone else?

Dont know mate.

Lost 3-1 to MHSOB. First choice keeper was out injured but our 2s lad did ok. Dubious penalty call killed the game off.

My women's 4s had a 2-0 win sans keeper, playing a modified 3-4-3 structure. Good times right there.

• Like 1

Likely to stay in the first team you reckon YP?

Yeah I think so, few people have have dropped out from the squad with work commitments so I'm next in line to be used as a regular

Someone mentioned they are recruiting an argentine but last thing I've heard was the club was assisting with his visa and nothing else been mentioned in the last 3 weeks

Edited by Young Polak

lost 7-0

everything we worked on just went out the window in the second half where were conceded 6, no ambition shown and fucking shit game. Reckon it's going to be a really shit season if people don't work together the way we did (and won) against Werribee.

Still really angry how this day turned out to be

• 3 weeks later...

So I scored my first goal in state league 1 yesterday when we lost 3-1 to Yarra valley

Today we lost 6-1 to werribbee, went to the pub straight after and i shouted the team all a free pint of their choice in celebration of my goal

Fkn good night

Edited by Young Polak

Four wins on the trot now for us after beating West Vic 1-0. Put away the only goal with after a corner broke down. Not. Too. Bad.

YP getting into the Dandy spirit I see!

We have now reached ultimate underdog status coming last on the ladder with the worst goal difference

next 3 rounds will be an almighty relegation scrap against old xav's who sit 2nd last, kew in top 4 and TEM who sit 3rd last on the ladder

fkn bring it on maaattee

played probably 4 out of the first 6 rounds, must say at the moment its a s shit sport but thats more to do with the people in charge at my club....

on the positive im making a lot of dosh out of umpiring! even got picked to umpire at JSC

Tell me more what's going on at mornington

I would of thought they were an alright bunch, just a bit rough when I played them in the pre season

Edited by Young Polak