Melbourne Football

Ando's hockey madness

Ando

This thread will chronicle my 2012 train-wreck of injuries hockey season. I wouldn't normally put this out there, but given that this season is going to be a spectacular failure rather interesting, I figured I'd share the pain and joy of one of the last remaining truly amateur sports. I'll also try and give you a fairly decent run-down of how hockey works, and why you should never tackle from someone's left hand side.

Anyway, after spending the second half of last season languishing on the sideline due to a knee injury, and not quite being on good terms with the head coach, I've decided that I'm in need of greener pastures. After ten relatively good years, I'm leaving Dandenong HC and going back to uni. Monash University, that is. Not only do they play in a fetching shade of sky blue with navy shorts, they also have an international standard field along with some nice terracing and large grassed embankment to the south (Südkurve perhaps?).

The Monash gaffer also runs gabba parties every so often (y) which is nice to know. Anyway, I had my first hit out with them on Saturday morning prior to our Y-Side madness, and was well impressed. They also offered to pay my fees, which I'm not adverse to and everyone seems quite nice.

It's going to be a good year.

I have learnt the hard way that tackling from the left hand side is not a smart thing to do. Got smacked in the left hand spitting it open. Went to the hospital and they stitched me up. They put me on laughing gas though so was all worth it in the end.

Im playing U17s this year for Yarra. should be good. won the shield last time i played with this team, hopefully we will do it again. Also playing seniors. Not sure what team i will be placed into though.

Who did you play for Trainerz? It should be an interesting first few rounds. Southern Utd up first who've just come down from State League 1...

played for Melbourne High Old Boys, its not a bad club n has a decent pitch. it is only decent coz we have to share with MCC and they are annoying

Yeah Ando, wasn't keen to play in the Dandy seniors this year so I decided to not play anything for this year and focus on year 12, Monash was advertising their recruitment campaign at my school since we have close relations with the university.. It was tempting but didn't bother attending their training, I'm more or less considering to take up football for next year.. unless the monash club would be willing to pay my fees if I get accepted into the university ;)

Edited by Radziminski1994

Fact - left handed hockey players have an advantage as they tend to be stronger technically.

Practice match against Powerhouse/St Kilda coming up this Saturday morning. Should be a cracking match as they've just been promoted to SL2 and I owe one of their players a few bruises.

you ever play those phaggots from near me, Essendon HC ando?

Strong knowledge of geography and naming of a hockey. Its in Ascot, which is three suburbs away from Essendon. Spastics.

Inb4theymovedtherefromEss. They've always been in the AV.

I like walking my dog past their Hockey court/ground/rink/arena/square/pitch/cauldron/velodrome/astroturf/gaybar or whatever you play hockey on, and he jumps the fence and chaces the ball and disrupts practice. Maximum Dog Trolling.

Here are pics of my dog to prove he is Legend.

As a pup eating a stick like a baws

jptrhh.jpg

Now. Check out those Troll eyes.

f0rgit.jpg

Legend.

• Like 3

Strong knowledge of geography and naming of a hockey. Its in Ascot, which is three suburbs away from Essendon. Spastics.

I like walking my dog past their Hockey court/ground/rink/arena/square/pitch/cauldron/velodrome/astroturf/gaybar or whatever you play hockey on, and he jumps the fence and chaces the ball and disrupts practice. Maximum Dog Trolling.

jptrhh.jpg

f0rgit.jpg

Legend.

ROFL

I use to play Essendon in Juniors when I played for Brunswick before moving across town, I remember them as a powerhouse they even had their own “Just Hockey” store.

However this was 1992, my league consisted of Brunswick, Strathmore, Werribee (WTF) and three Essendon teams.

We play them in Round 3 at Monash. They've just come down from State League 1, and half their team play for Victoria, or did last time I checked.

We're going to get fucked up.

Actually, we also play Brunswick this season, Cadete! Oh, the joys of playing for a State League 2 club again!

We play them in Round 3 at Monash. They've just come down from State League 1, and half their team play for Victoria, or did last time I checked.

We're going to get fucked up.

Actually, we also play Brunswick this season, Cadete! Oh, the joys of playing for a State League 2 club again!

Let us know when if you play them at home and I will come down and watch (If the Cats aren't playing.)

jptrhh.jpg

f0rgit.jpg

Legend.

I like what you have become BH.

1-342-400x300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a video from last season's Euro Hockey League, it's kind of like the UEFA's Champs League.

Anyway, the hockey is stunning, but if you fast forward to about 5:30, you'll see the dutch have hockey supporter culture all sewn up.

• Like 3