Melbourne Football

Formula 1

billyheart

Very excited I love F1 and cant wait to get to Albert park for another year!

Big season ahead with 6 world champions in the field.

Myself im a big Mclaren fan! Fav drivers are obviously Lewis & Jenson but also big fans of our two aussies and Kamui Kobayashi but im probably most excited by the return of the Iceman :)

And I cant really stand that pointy fingured little german but he can drive.

... video worked well

Edited by billyheart

Always have enjoyed the f1's but no longer have the time to follow like i use too. Will b interesting to see how.kimi goes, from memory his WRC experiment was a bit of a flop and also if schuy can improve now that his shaken the cobwebs out.

Still think vettel will b the one to beat but the mclarens always seem to have a bit more pace.

AGAINST MODERN F1

FFS, they completely destroyed it, last season was the final straw and after 10 years of being a massive F1 fan I just couldn't watch it any more. Too many gay rules, cars being slowed down, cars being standardised, and worst of all are the Hermann Tilke designed modern f1 tracks.

Sack everyone, especially Bernie and Tilke.

Need tracks with gravel pits or walls right next to the side of the track, none of this run off area BS. At the very least some grass. Wtf is this shit.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

What a shit season it'll be if Mercedes dominates from start to finish.

F1 has almost outsmarted themselves becoming more and more technical and less about driver skill, when half the drivers cant even get on the track you know you've got problems 

I was never interested in any sport other than football and field hockey, and the more I was looking into cars in my own free time, the more I became interested in what potential formula one has, so I gave it a go and watched my first ever full Grand Prix race few months ago (Japan) with a bit of help from the film Rush to spark my motivation to watch it, the sport grew on me but I wished I would have been a keen follower years ago to witness any sort of tough competition for a podium finish. Just my luck that I got into this when it seems to be fucked to shit with new regulations and one sided team domination.

I would be watching rally and touring cars but that isn't really covered well on the tv from what I see. Just highlight packages

Edited by Young Polak

AGAINST MODERN F1

FFS, they completely destroyed it, last season was the final straw and after 10 years of being a massive F1 fan I just couldn't watch it any more. Too many gay rules, cars being slowed down, cars being standardised, and worst of all are the Hermann Tilke designed modern f1 tracks.

Sack everyone, especially Bernie and Tilke.

Need tracks with gravel pits or walls right next to the side of the track, none of this run off area BS. At the very least some grass. Wtf is this shit.

Thanks to the thread bump I can see this post I made 3 years ago and can confirm I havent watched more than 1 race (if that) a season over the last 3 years.

F1 was GOAT, especially for that little while that the Ferrari dominance was gone and before they completely fucked it up with all the rule changes.

PS Having watched him drive from his first GP until I stopped watching the sport, I can safely say that Webber was as good a driver as Alonso and it's a great shame that his career ended without a title. Easily the most unlucky sportsman I have ever seen.

Edited by Tesla