Melbourne Football

2019/2020 fixture

citypool

The fixture will come out this week just interested to know what games people would like to see. Personally I’d like more day kick offs and to see the derbies given space. We need to try and get a bigger attendance around the Australian open and some of the public holidays. 

42 minutes ago, citypool said:

The fixture will come out this week just interested to know what games people would like to see. Personally I’d like more day kick offs and to see the derbies given space. We need to try and get a bigger attendance around the Australian open and some of the public holidays. 

I just hope that the fixture is more regular - Home-Away-Home-Away... etc. I don't like it where we have two home matches in 5-7 days and then nothing for three weeks. Last season was particularly poor - a whole swag of matches in January and then the season petered out in the last months until just before the end.

Agree on the derbies as well. Let the season and the clubs get going before bringing in the big matches.

• Like 1

Surprised there's been no discussion on our 'third' fixtures, given that's the big change this season.

Pretty much guaranteed that we will play Victory and probably Western United three times due to commercial reasons. 

That leaves four more 'third' fixtures. I'm hoping we avoid Perth and Wellington away trips. An extra Central Coast fixture would be handy. 

8 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Surprised there's been no discussion on our 'third' fixtures, given that's the big change this season.

Pretty much guaranteed that we will play Victory and probably Western United three times due to commercial reasons. 

That leaves four more 'third' fixtures. I'm hoping we avoid Perth and Wellington away trips. An extra Central Coast fixture would be handy. 

Do we know how the extra six matches are going to be structured? Will it be home-and-away against the same three clubs, or six different clubs three at home and three away?

I'm sick of the derbies against Victory.

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Do we know how the extra six matches are going to be structured? Will it be home-and-away against the same three clubs, or six different clubs three at home and three away?

Bolded.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Six different clubs. 

Edit: what BT said.

Edited by Harrison
  • Thanks 1

Not that it effects us highly this season. But how hard is it to make sure all clubs have a home game in first 2 rounds 

And also why the fuck would you schedule western United first game in Wellington, surely you give them a home game to celebrate a brand new club

48 minutes ago, neio said:

Not that it effects us highly this season. But how hard is it to make sure all clubs have a home game in first 2 rounds 

And also why the fuck would you schedule western United first game in Wellington, surely you give them a home game to celebrate a brand new club

hOFoih9.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All the usual faults from my perspective. Two home matches in six days and then none for a month. Likewise a month between home matches at the tail end of the season. FFS why can't we have Home-Away-Home-Away... throughout the season?

It's no wonder crowds keep dropping - it's hard to maintain interest with long gaps between home matches.

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

Great planning from the FFA. I thought we allowed for international breaks some seasons ago?

FFA took a decision not to allow for them this season; not sure whether it's a permanent decision. Related to the problems of having three byes - of course self-inflicted by "protecting" Western Sydney and their new stadium from the entry of Macarthur by delaying the entry of the latter until 2020-21.