Melbourne Football

Luna landing

fensaddler

I agree with both sides of yhe previous discussion, that is we should spend more on "bigger name" players and that relatively speaking we are spending and recruiting within our means.

What I think can't be faulted is that we are just over half way through July we have a full coaching team set up and pretty much a full squad. So minus the FFA cup games we have rest of July all of August and September so 10 plus weeks to sort our shit and probably start the season like we should. 

Now obviously this optimism will evaporate as soon as we play and we realize we are still just bang average but until then i'm actually feeling really pumped for this season and its been a long time since i felt this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Heartman said:

I agree with both sides of yhe previous discussion, that is we should spend more on "bigger name" players and that relatively speaking we are spending and recruiting within our means.

What I think can't be faulted is that we are just over half way through July we have a full coaching team set up and pretty much a full squad. So minus the FFA cup games we have rest of July all of August and September so 10 plus weeks to sort our shit and probably start the season like we should. 

Now obviously this optimism will evaporate as soon as we play and we realize we are still just bang average but until then i'm actually feeling really pumped for this season and its been a long time since i felt this.

In Erick we trust

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heartman said:

I think this is important. For many seasons now on here we have been dissapointed by the clubs last minute assembly of it's squad, so for them to have virtually the entire squad in place already including all 5 visas is fantastic and hopefully sets us up for a strong start. No more bullshit excuses about the team needing time to gel. 

It's actually been the most solid off season we have seen from City thus far. Proactive signings in the right areas, a strong coaching appointment, membership deals and recruiting has been good, the only blemish has been the kits. On every other aspect it seems like the club is finally listening and doing stuff right.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Harrison said:

We can still sign two more (Australian) players but we’ve probably reached the Cap. 

And FWIW, I’ve heard Brillante is on something closer to $600K. 

Wouldnt Windbichl be a chance to be the 2nd marquee? Just came over from being in the K-league team of the year playing in the ACL, i doubt hes come to Australia for an under the cap level wage?

On 20/07/2019 at 9:46 AM, DukeVader said:

Wouldnt Windbichl be a chance to be the 2nd marquee? Just came over from being in the K-league team of the year playing in the ACL, i doubt hes come to Australia for an under the cap level wage?

He didn't come in from Ulsan, he came from a 2nd division Danish team. 

He also wouldn't be on more than Brilliante, who's on close to $600K. Or maybe he is...but I doubt it.

Edited by Harrison

7 hours ago, Harrison said:

He didn't come in from Ulsan, he came from a 2nd division Austrian team. 

He also wouldn't be on more than Brilliante, who's on close to $600K. Or maybe he is...but I doubt it.

Windbichler came from (2nd tier) Danish club Viborg FF, where he had very little football. Previous season he was playing for Ulsan.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

He was wonderful last night and got through an absolute mountain of work (and I'd say could very well spell the end of Berenguer through the middle if we see many more performances like last night). Was often dropping back between Jammo and Noone and then tended to be the furthest midfielder forward during attacking plays. Very promising first hit out.

2 hours ago, Tommykins said:

He was wonderful last night and got through an absolute mountain of work (and I'd say could very well spell the end of Berenguer through the middle if we see many more performances like last night). Was often dropping back between Jammo and Noone and then tended to be the furthest midfielder forward during attacking plays. Very promising first hit out.

Very quick both to attack and help.defend 

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, OzOranje said:

I’m starting to warm to this guy. After his first goal and the way he took the free kick, I think he is about to have a real impact for us and the league. 

I though he had a very good match. Showed a lot of energy and chased everything. A goal was a fitting reward for a very solid shift.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...