Melbourne Football
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison

Denis Genreau

Good interview. He's intelligent, enthusiastic and articulate. I'm getting this sense of anticipation of something special, so hopefully it's all going to come together for us this season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Good interview. He's intelligent, enthusiastic and articulate. I'm getting this sense of anticipation of something special, so hopefully it's all going to come together for us this season.

Agreed JW. Seems to be a bright young bloke. His year abroad will have been really useful, and we rated him before he left. He's as good for the squad as a decent new signing. Very pleased he's back with us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

The key question is why he's back from Europe competition. 

Because he is was loaned out by us to mature and we want him back in our squad. But you probably mean if he is that good, why isn’t he staying in Europe and where are the offers?

Edited by Mr MO

2 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

The key question is why he's back from Europe competition. 

Because he is contracted for another year. That said maybe Erik sees more in this kid then Joyce did. 

21 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

So nobody in Europe recognized his talent and nobody wanted to buyout his 60 to 100K Aud contract .

Do you know that no-one approached him? Perhaps they did, and he just feels that he'd rather play one or more further seasons here before trying a move to Europe. Many players make the move too early don't they? We don't know the full facts, and we don't need to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

So nobody in Europe recognized his talent and nobody wanted to buyout his 60 to 100K Aud contract .

What make you think city would only ask for 60 to 100k Aud? 

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

No, once they know players are part of the CFG they back off

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We'd be foolish to let Denis go. I doubt that Erick will.

Will we have room for him? Petrillo no doubt looking at the latest crop of youngsters coming through the ranks at Adelaide

28 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

He offered more than Metcalfe. 

Id say he offered more than Luna & Florin in the no10 role.

But I thought Metcalfe was solid and made up for his poor give away that ended in the red card and could've had a big game if he played the ball first time to Jamie on a couple of occasions. 

Genreau is a talented player. It's been obvious from his first game with us. He just needs time at the senior level because his quality shines through in patches.

Hope he starts again next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rayv36 said:

But I thought Metcalfe was solid and made up for his poor give away that ended in the red card and could've had a big game if he played the ball first time to Jamie on a couple of occasions. 

So Metcalfe did the worst pass in the history of the world, caused us to go down to 10 men, gifted them a goal, got told off by Jamie and Jamieson multiple times because he can't pass for shit, and gave Mombaets a stroke.....

But he had a solid game and should be preferred to Luna and Florin.

Come on, you have to be kidding me.

Genreau is miles ahead in every way and should be first choice off the pine when we get out full list fit again.

Metcalfe and Najjarine both need a spell in the lower divisions because they are nowhere near ready for this league.

3 hours ago, rayv36 said:

Not sure if the FFA Cup in warm weather had anything to do with it, but Metcalfe looked fukd when he came on.

He was only on the pitch for a few minutes when it started looking really noticeable, well to me anyway.

But hats off to Genreau, thought he wasn't ready for that start but he played well and that assist for the first was deliciously creative!

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

So Metcalfe did the worst pass in the history of the world, caused us to go down to 10 men, gifted them a goal, got told off by Jamie and Jamieson multiple times because he can't pass for shit, and gave Mombaets a stroke.....

But he had a solid game and should be preferred to Luna and Florin.

Come on, you have to be kidding me.

Genreau is miles ahead in every way and should be first choice off the pine when we get out full list fit again.

Metcalfe and Najjarine both need a spell in the lower divisions because they are nowhere near ready for this league.

Calm ya tits, I said I thought he had a soild game, didn't say he was MOTM.

Also I said Genreau showed more than Luna & Florin, wasn't comparing him to Metcalfe.

Well the rumours are finally confirmed. Have to wonder what the hell happened?

Is my assessment right- Genreau is a talented footballer with a bright future and City will rue the day they let him walk?

or given two first team coaches (1 of whom seems very football wise, the other not so much) barely played him, perhaps I’m mistaken.

(he was clearly frozen out once he signed with MacArthur, that didn’t help).

52 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

(he was clearly frozen out once he signed with MacArthur, that didn’t help).

Isn't it more that it's A-League "custom and practice" not to play a player once he's signed with another club so that he can't be injured?

I'm disappointed that he's leaving, but we don't know the full facts. He may have been offered a new City contract but got a better offer. He may have been told that he had no future with us. It is, after all, the end of his contract, so he's free to move if he wishes to. It's not as if he's walking out on us mid-contract.

But it appears that we thought enough of him at the time to give him a season at Zwolle. It would be nice to know the facts, but we never will unless Genreau himself discloses them.

37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Isn't it more that it's A-League "custom and practice" not to play a player once he's signed with another club so that he can't be injured?

I'm disappointed that he's leaving, but we don't know the full facts. He may have been offered a new City contract but got a better offer. He may have been told that he had no future with us. It is, after all, the end of his contract, so he's free to move if he wishes to. It's not as if he's walking out on us mid-contract.

But it appears that we thought enough of him at the time to give him a season at Zwolle. It would be nice to know the facts, but we never will unless Genreau himself discloses them.

The relationship between him and the coach isn’t good. I remember a Talking City interview with Dennis mentioning he was very surprised he got some minutes at the start of the season.