Melbourne Football

19/20 best line up

Missing_Moy

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

Berenguer will improve this year he told me 

For an attacking minded visa player scoring ZERO goals in 20 games in this league is really embarrassing with your best games played against teenagers. He should be released on that on ground alone. It’s actually in breach with their temporary skill shortage visa regulations. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My advice is that we wait and see what type of game we play with our new manager.

With all our overseas players playing in their natural positions, the manager has the opportunity to deliver a fast breaking attacking style which will help heal the wounds of the Wazza junk.

All visa players need to start on the pitch in the first 5 games to assess their competency under this new manager.

I agree, this line up is the way I would start the first 5 games.

14 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

FB2A97EC-D70D-4B33-81B4-45ABF86AABC8.jpeg.53a9400b82d44e8273f889f8170aa663.jpeg

• Like 3

Cant see Florin playing in a mid 2, would get bullied off the ball to easily, didnt look like someone who could throw in a tackle either. 

More than likely we will rotate between players and also means there is competition for spots, which is always a good thing. 

I have a feeling we will see Winbichler deployed as a CDM and Good stepping up into the centre back spot. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

Cant see Florin playing in a mid 2, would get bullied off the ball to easily, didnt look like someone who could throw in a tackle either. 

More than likely we will rotate between players and also means there is competition for spots, which is always a good thing. 

I have a feeling we will see Winbichler deployed as a CDM and Good stepping up into the centre back spot. 

I agree with the other post on here that most likely Florian will take the Vidosic position. Although I think that's a waste of a visa spot

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

My advice is that we wait and see what type of game we play with our new manager.

With all our overseas players playing in their natural positions, the manager has the opportunity to deliver a fast breaking attacking style which will help heal the wounds of the Wazza junk.

I agree with this. Once he's had a good look at the boys in the pre-season he may well spring one or two surprises on us.

34 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I agree with this. Once he's had a good look at the boys in the pre-season he may well spring one or two surprises on us.

I'll be concerned when he wins his first four games in charge....

• 3 weeks later...

i think front three picks itself.  midfield should be Brillante, Metcalfe and Luna.  Florin not convincing and that three has a nice mix of experience, speed and flair.  Back four looks a little undecided. Would say galloway will start over atkinson. No way jamo gets dropped as captain but by god hes gonna need to keep on the pace as we have class players ready to step in (atko, karlic)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

In that opinion four visa spots are on the bench.  No one has won anything like that. 

IMO Najjarine is wasted on the RW. Wales has to be considered there.

If we have four visas on the bench, what it says is that we have some very talented young players right through our various junior teams, and I don't see a problem in playing them in preference to imports if they deserve it.  To compete in Asia we will have to reduce the number of visa players, so the opportunity is to play more local products and make a smaller number of visa players really top-class.

Just a change in focus.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IMO Najjarine is wasted on the RW. Wales has to be considered there.

If we have four visas on the bench, what it says is that we have some very talented young players right through our various junior teams, and I don't see a problem in playing them in preference to imports if they deserve it.  To compete in Asia we will have to reduce the number of visa players, so the opportunity is to play more local products and make a smaller number of visa players really top-class.

Just a change in focus.

Talented youngsters or bad visa recruiting? I think a bit of both.

• Like 1

Metcalfe had a quieter game than his usual against WSW but he was still solid. I think he will partner Berenguer in the midfield as a starter. as two 8's I think city want to have Brilliante and Berenguer to sort of groom him a little bit. I think within 10 games the lad will be killing it. 

Edited by citymad
spelling

On 21/09/2019 at 9:40 PM, citymad said:

Metcalfe had a quieter game than his usual against WSW but he was still solid. I think he will partner Berenguer in the midfield as a starter. as two 8's I think city want to have Brilliante and Berenguer to sort of groom him a little bit. I think within 10 games the lad will be killing it. 

hes just solid aye.  you need someone in the middle that has a little c*nt in him and just does everything reasonably well. typical 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/07/2019 at 11:34 AM, playmaker said:

All visa players need to start on the pitch in the first 5 games to assess their competency under this new manager.

I agree, this line up is the way I would start the first 5 games.

I like this lineup except for one thing , SURELY we cant have Bouzanis starting. 

That line up , No to Bouzanis though and Jmac replacing Luna when he comes back in. 

tom.png

As much as Bouzanis can be a liability, Glover isn't much of a backup. He got dropped at the Mariners after a few games for Ben Kennedy.......Ben Fucking Kennedy. You know how bang average you have to be to get dropped at the Mariners, then iirc he got dumped from the matchday squad for the youth team keeper. 

• 1 month later...

I’ve been thinking what would be the line up if Voldemort was still in charge.

assuming everyone fit I’m thinking it’s this:

Flo.    Wales.    Atkinson   

Brillante    
   Griff.    Windy

Jammo Good Delly.  Galloway

Bouzanzis 

(Thank God he’s gone!)

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Brillante    
   Griff.    Windy

Bouzanzis 

(Thank God he’s gone!)

Minimal wogs involved. Sounds about right. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Brillante    
   Griff.    Windy

Bouzanzis 

(Thank God he’s gone!)

Noone for Flo imo

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TBH I don't know that there is a best line-up. We've got plenty of options in most positions, especially the exciting younger players.

Very true. It depends who is in form, who is fit, and what our tactics are to beat the opposition. It is great to have the options that we do, and for so much of that to be because of young players coming through. 

Championship winning team.

Dean

Galloway     Harrison     Good       Jamieson

Brilliante       Florin

Luna

Cabrera                  Jmac                   Noone 

Subs    Metcalf, Genreau, Wales, Windbichler Colakovski, Griffiths, Atkinson.

17 minutes ago, OzOranje said:

Nah, Joyce be like.....

Glover

Atkinson Good Delbo Griff Jamo 

Brillante Wales Florin Noone 

Galloway

Jmac on his way to Perth

Metcalfe at WU

Give how Galloway has hit them this year I'm not entirely against this formation.

• Like 1

Hoping for big things from Windbichler when he gets back on the park, because Big Boy Haz looks a shadow of the player he was beside Bart. He seems to be making a lot of clumsy errors that you make when you're not confident. 

Right now I'd prefer Good and Windy as our 1st choice pairing. Gives us the option of throwing the Big rig up top if we're chasing a game.