Melbourne Football

Craig Noone

Tommykins

21 minutes ago, haz said:

341377353_CraigBestFriend.png.b74437398d6abfb28429550456ef4c9e.png

Hahaha. I think he should be compared with Novillo at seasons end as they are both visa wingers. I think Noone can have a similar output or better than Novillo. Currently Novillo was the best winger we've ever had (10 assists and 6 goals) 

Would be wrapped if Noone could better those numbers! 

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, AlwaysHeart said:

He is brilliant Craig Noone is , with a real football pedigree unlike Bruno. 

Evident Craig has played at the highest level. 

Hangon Bruno has played top flight in Uruguay, Argentina,  Italy and Greece.

Top pedigree if you ask me.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

I may be reading this link incorrectly (transfermarkt always does my head in), but that seems to say he's scored 4 goals in places that aren't Uruguay or Australia (or youth leagues).

Cup competitions including UEFA , my basic point was Bruno has played at a very high level and in my opinion is of a high qualityand this was in response to a comment he had a lesser pedigree than Noone. Now don't get me wrong I believe Noone is a top top player and like most visa players takes a bit to fully acclimatetise, and we probably haven't seen his best yet. I think we saw his quality against the lesser NPL level players but the A League isn't as shit as many rate it, and very few players dominate week in week out. 

50 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

The level of forum melt-down we've achieved after coping 4 goals is glorious to watch.

They way in which we copped the goals and our reaction afterwards warrants the meltdown. This early into a season, in a cup final against an average team on paper. Absolutely disgraceful. The signs are really bad already.

• 4 weeks later...

This bloke can only do well against NPL teams. He is a Donkey and we should already get rid of him. No point getting an international player if Tommy Oar could probably do as good as him. As for Jamo, I had enough of him. He is the weakest fucking fullback in the league and we always get slaughtered on his side. Fuck it, bring Ben Garuccio back

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

As for Jamo, I had enough of him. He is the weakest fucking fullback in the league and we always get slaughtered on his side. Fuck it, bring Ben Garuccio back

Jamieson is sort of untouchable for many - being captain, a nice bloke and active on Twitter and all that.

9 hours ago, Nate said:

probs an unpopular opinion but Jamo has been really decent this season before today imo

I've been onto Jamo for a while. More often than not because he has a rarely existent 'going forward' game. So I'd agree he has been decent. Like last season he sits around fifth or sixth position for best left backs in the league. Hence why this season he's had some moments where he's been at fault but on the whole not too bad. 

Jamo's a decent A-League left back. To be honest, there's not a great amount of good fullbacks in this league, it's a weakness across the competition. Galloway, however, is one of the better ones in the league.

Noone's starting to give me the irrites. He's played at a high level and as we saw in pre-season he's got plenty of ability. He was also involved in several of our goals earlier in the season too, so he's clearly not a spud, however his finishing has been ridiculously sub-par after some quality goals in pre-season/the FFA Cup. Needs to improve, quickly.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Embee said:

Jamo's a decent A-League left back. To be honest, there's not a great amount of good fullbacks in this league, it's a weakness across the competition. Galloway, however, is one of the better ones in the league.

Noone's starting to give me the irrites. He's played at a high level and as we saw in pre-season he's got plenty of ability. He was also involved in several of our goals earlier in the season too, so he's clearly not a spud, however his finishing has been ridiculously sub-par after some quality goals in pre-season/the FFA Cup. Needs to improve, quickly.

Who’s better at shooting at the moment Wales or Noone?