Melbourne Football

The Erick Mombaerts thread

jeffplz

@bt50 will label me a pessimist again - probably rightly so! - but IMO we've got more to worry about than who might be our coach for next season. I think that the whole future of the A-League is in jeopardy at the moment, and FFA is ominously silent on anything beyond completing this season's fixtures. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

@bt50 will label me a pessimist again - probably rightly so! - but IMO we've got more to worry about than who might be our coach for next season. I think that the whole future of the A-League is in jeopardy at the moment, and FFA is ominously silent on anything beyond completing this season's fixtures. 

You are a pessimist ;)

Tbf i think theres no doubt concerns around the future of the game here and what it looks like, but im also certain that there will be one too. 

If the worst case struck and the league or FFA fell over, something would rise from the ashes and no doubt in my mind that we'd be a part of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

So into the grand final after one season. Not several failed attempts with an everlasting list of excuses. Almost as if a manager can actually make a difference 

Dont forget that most of the squad was left over from Joyce too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/08/2020 at 9:33 AM, n i k o said:

No one expects Kisnorbo to be fr9mt running favourite to win the plate next season should we have him. But lose this Sunday and the fans will be expecting to go one better next season, so pressure will be on for him. Win this Sunday and the monkey will be off his back. 

That's it right there. Look at this season. FFA Cup runners up, Finished 2nd on the table, and Runner up in the Grand Final.. expectations for next year would be exactly that to go 1 step further and to expect Kisnorbo to do that in his first season if he ends up coaching would be a bit unrealistic tbh..

Really hope we keep Erick for the next season!

• Like 2

Damn. Really not sure about Kisnorbo. Always a huge risk to higher a former player with no Senior Manager exp. Its not like we dont have our own precedent...

But anyway, the fine tradition of looking like we are going somewhere, to all that crumbling down continues

Edited by Dylan

13 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

The future looks very unclear. I suspect the A-League will be smaller in scope, with smaller squads and 'lesser' players and coaches overall. I think we need to brace ourselves for more losses, and underwhelming incoming. 

I agree with this. This current climate has wrecked everything and I totally understand why he would have left. I think there is nothing the cub could have done about it.

In regards to Kisnorbo, well they're probably thinking that it worked for Sydney and weaselface Corica, so it was never going to be anything else - just expedited due to the scenario.

Really not sure what to expect next season...

I'm actually really excited to see what Kisnorbo can do in the senior role.

Ultimately, the A-League is a development league and that applies for Australian managers too, so I'm glad to see Paddy's commitment (and success) to the club for so many years is now being rewarded.

For the men's team at least, he's just about the only person you could really point to as being a Melbourne Heart/City legend so I'm optimistic in spite of the obviously sad news.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rass said:

I agree with this. This current climate has wrecked everything and I totally understand why he would have left. I think there is nothing the cub could have done about it.

In regards to Kisnorbo, well they're probably thinking that it worked for Sydney and weaselface Corica, so it was never going to be anything else - just expedited due to the scenario.

Really not sure what to expect next season...

He will be cheaper too if it’s all about cutting cost in these hard times.

Mean while on the other side of the world.......

CFFAA5D7-9EC2-4832-B344-6A9696E195F4.jpeg

Edited by Mr MO