Melbourne Football

The Erick Mombaerts thread

jeffplz

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

But anyway, the fine tradition of looking like we are going somewhere, to all that crumbling down continues

As veteran Heart supporters we wouldn't actually be happy unless the "fine tradition" were to continue. This is our identity. It sets us apart from all the others. We expect, even crave, disappointment.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

Pressure is on Paddy. I'm expecting us to push for the championship. No grace period allowed here. 

Well surely the expectation would be to go that 1 step further? 

Look at this season.

2nd on the ladder

FFA Cup runners up

Grand Final runners up.

Anything less would obliviously be a step backwards.  At least he played for us and then coached the Youth Team and W League aswell with some success.. Hopefully he can bring out the passion that he shows week in and week out into the players.

9 hours ago, Mr MO said:

He will be cheaper too if it’s all about cutting cost in these hard times.

Mean while on the other side of the world.......

CFFAA5D7-9EC2-4832-B344-6A9696E195F4.jpeg

It’s actually bad maths. They’re trying to help people compare his hourly wages to theirs but we don’t work 24/7 and neither does Messi. If you work with a 38 hour week his wages are more like €70,000 an hour. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Doesn't matter that it was kind of expected. When it happens, it is still disappointing. Not sold on PK, I think that he needed more time as an assistant. Not sure about his tactical smarts.

Yeah, it's not even just that he's lacking though, we're handing over the responsibility of playing against the best teams in Asia to someone who's never coached a senior men's side in their domestic league, let alone in a continental competition.

Erick, having coached domestically in France and Japan as well as internationally with France U18 & U21 sides has that experience so he'll be sorely missed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 8:57 PM, Red or Dead said:

Yeah, it's not even just that he's lacking though, we're handing over the responsibility of playing against the best teams in Asia to someone who's never coached a senior men's side in their domestic league, let alone in a continental competition.

Erick, having coached domestically in France and Japan as well as internationally with France U18 & U21 sides has that experience so he'll be sorely missed.

My concern with PK is and how silly this might sound, especially after listening to him on the podcast last night;

He might lack authority and charisma to have the respect of certain players - they might look at him as just good bloke, a mate you work with at the gym. I’m basing that on the choice of wording and his speaking manners. Perhaps he needs a bit more press training.

14 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

My concern with PK is and how silly this might sound, especially after listening to him on the podcast last night;

He might lack authority and charisma to have the respect of certain players - they might look at him as just good bloke, a mate you work with at the gym. I’m basing that on the choice of wording and his speaking manners. Perhaps he needs a bit more press training.

That's always a risk when you promote someone from the playing ranks to be their coach/manager. Same in any industry - promoting someone from the gang to be leading hand or shiftboss carries the same risk.

• 5 months later...