Melbourne Football

Western Sydney

LR9

Got EVERY episode, including the Banned 'Requiem for a dream' + DT Movie: The Movie... on digital and DVD. Looking to acquire the one disk BluRay...

How they didn't get a 4th season is beyond me.

Best animated series EVER!!

drawn-together-the-complete-series-party

Edited by Deviant
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Excluding Poppa, these guys are a nightmare this season on and off the pitch! I'm so happy they are going shit because l remember their chant against us which included "where the fuck's the yarra?" and "all your seats are empty". Maybe those hairy lebo's can now look for a job instead of investing their whole life in the club.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/article/additional-stars-added-to-wanderers-badge/9zb6nfhmr4as139acayqpfx49

Following the positive fan reaction toward the star above our badge for our AFC Champions League win, next season’s Hyundai A-League jersey will feature three stars in total.
Along with the current star commemorating Wanderers as Champions of Asia, the additional stars above the badge will represent the two other major milestones of the Club’s history.

The star on the left will be in celebration of our historic Premier’s Plate win in our inaugural season while the star on the right will symbolise our famous 2-1 win over Al-Jazeera in the International Petroleum Investments Company Championship in Abu Dhabi.

The original star will remain in the centre.

CEO John Tsatsimas says that it is important these achievements are sewn into the fabrics of our history.

“These three memories mean the world to us and to have them now etched permanently on the Club’s badge is a fitting tribute.

“It’s a shame we didn’t win the Craig Foster Cup in Lismore back in 2012 or we could have had four stars.”

The three stars will feature on both the home and away kit

Read more at http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/article/additional-stars-added-to-wanderers-badge/9zb6nfhmr4as139acayqpfx49#sFrD8lc04gUzGSse.99

“It’s a shame we didn’t win the Craig Foster Cup in Lismore back in 2012 or we could have had four stars.”

hahahahaha. Forza Melbourne Heart!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure they had cyclone conditions up there today mate. We'd be lucky to draw 3000 in the same conditions

3K? No where near it

Our lowest ever attendance at AAMI - 2,754 vs. Newcastle on a rain-soaked day, playing against 10 men for about 80 minutes and lost 0-2.

Probably my most miserable football experience ever.

• Like 1

Pretty sure they had cyclone conditions up there today mate. We'd be lucky to draw 3000 in the same conditions

3K? No where near it

Our lowest ever attendance at AAMI - 2,754 vs. Newcastle on a rain-soaked day, playing against 10 men for about 80 minutes and lost 0-2.

Probably my most miserable football experience ever.

jw I'll see your Heart vs Newcastle game and raise you this:

Rugby league: Queensland vs New South Wales, Lang Park 1985.  We won it the year before and whilst the (NSW) press had them favourites for this game 1 we were expecting to win again as far as I was concerned anyway.  It was a cold winter's night of course so myself and a couple of mates had made the normal preparations you'd expect 1st year uni students to do (yep, not much), we stood in the outer at the old Lang Park and the rain just hammered down on us.  Play seemed to be down the other end of the field all night and we hardly had the ball.  We lost 18 - 2, it would be our worst loss for many many years.

To top it off all of the enemies points were scored by one Michael O'Connor.  Now Mick was originally from the ACT and had moved to Queensland to play Rugby Union.  That had gone so well for him that he had played for Australia and subsequently come to the eye of RL recruits who signed him to change codes and play in the Sydney league (as it was back then).  Naive teenagers (like i was then) assumed that he having played RU and lived in Qld for a number of years he would be eligible for Qld but no, apparently those years in Queensland counted for nothing as "he played his first game of league in NSW".

Public transport in Brisbane being what it was back then, it took me about 3 hours to get back (sodden wet) to the house I was boarding in.

The only good part of that story is that it was pre "PC" etc etc and we could get a full strength beer in a can.  Wasn't for those, I wouldn't have survived the night.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1

Someone in the rbb lit a flair and apparently police set on him and started spraying capsicum spray at him and other around him including young kids. In protest they left the stadium and went out where police used more capsicum spray on them. Word is some kid has ended up in hospital but not sure due to what.

• 2 weeks later...

Iacopo La Rocca, Ante Covic, Jason Trifiro, Tomi Juric, Antony Golec, Nikita Rukavytsya, Kerem Bulut, Nick Ward, Nick Kalmar and Adrian Madaschi have all parted company with the Wanderers following the conclusion of their contracts.

• 1 month later...

For anyone wondering:

Goalkeepers:

Bouzanis

Redmayne

Defenders:

Cole

Hamill

Topor-Stanley

Allessi

Jamieson

Neville

Spiranovic

Aspro

D'Cunha

Midfielders:

Bacchus

Lo

Pepper

Youlley

Poljak

Fofanah

Forwards:

Castelen

Sotirio

Haliti

Bridge

Mebrahtu

Santalab

Horrible attacking set up at the moment.

They had a horrible squad when they were premiers, when they were champions of Asia, etc. They've always had a horrible squad. They would have finished last every season they've been in the league, except for the fact they have Popovic.

Also wouldnt be surprised to see the last signings being much bigger ones.

They had a horrible squad when they were premiers, when they were champions of Asia, etc. They've always had a horrible squad. They would have finished last every season they've been in the league, except for the fact they have Popovic.

Also wouldnt be surprised to see the last signings being much bigger ones.

Agree with the fact that Popovic is a massive influence and that they had real average squads the first 2 seasons but I think that caught up with them last year. They've lost a bit of quality and replaced them with next to nothing. Also in the ACL Covic played out of his skin, something I can't see Bouzanis or Redmayne achieving. 

Also agree that the last few signings could be big, as they must have plenty of cap space looking at that squad.