Melbourne Football

Just received my membership...

TheStig

Last week I got an email to say that I had been auto-renewed for a full membership and thanking me for signing up. I rang the club and pointed out that during this year I had had a 5 game and a 3 game membership with no autorenewal. They apologised for the error and shortly later I received an email from the club apologising for the error and asking me to disregard the email.

Today however the following arrived in the mail. The packing data is given on the other page as 9/5/2019.

I don't know what they are smoking up at Kingsbury but could I have some please? And who is this Bruno guy?

The Stig

image.thumb.png.cf707c188568802167b70c0f990a8f2b.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Last week I got an email to say that I had been auto-renewed for a full membership and thanking me for signing up. I rang the club and pointed out that during this year I had had a 5 game and a 3 game membership with no autorenewal. They apologised for the error and shortly later I received an email from the club apologising for the error and asking me to disregard the email.

Today however the following arrived in the mail. The packing data is given on the other page as 9/5/2019.

I don't know what they are smoking up at Kingsbury but could I have some please? And who is this Bruno guy?

The Stig

Your just taking the piss.....right?

No this really happened.
Something is screwed up at the club but then again we have known that for a while.
I will ring them today. Fortunately it appears that my credit card has not been charged. 

Edited by TheStig

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

No this really happened.
Something is screwed up at the club but then again we have known that for a while.
I will ring them today. Fortunately it appears that my credit card has not been charged. 

So you are saying that in the middle of May 2019 you received an e-mail notifying you that you had been auto-renewed for season 2018/19 and that on 9th May 2019 a membership pack for 2018/19 was despatched to you and you received that on 23rd May 2019?

I think these things are handled by Sportsubs in Adelaide rather than the club itself, but nevertheless that is extraordinary to say the least. It makes no sense at all.

15 hours ago, jw1739 said:

So you are saying that in the middle of May 2019 you received an e-mail notifying you that you had been auto-renewed for season 2018/19 and that on 9th May 2019 a membership pack for 2018/19 was despatched to you and you received that on 23rd May 2019?

I think these things are handled by Sportsubs in Adelaide rather than the club itself, but nevertheless that is extraordinary to say the least. It makes no sense at all.

The email said:

Hi [Stig],

It's that time of the year again. There's no better feeling than the moment your City membership pack arrives at your doorstep.

We're just sending you a quick note to let you know that your membership pack is on the way as we speak! If you would like to keep an eye on it, please follow this link and enter your MEMBER ID ******* as the Tracking ID.

Wear your City colours with pride this season, and we look forward to seeing you at AAMI Park for our first home match against Sydney FC!

If you have any further questions, please call the membership team on 1300 255 432 during business hours or email membership@Melbournecityfc.com.au.

Kind Regards,
Melbourne City FC

TheStig

Edited by TheStig

Didn't doubt your veracity, my friend. I'm just can't think of a set of circumstances in which all these things could happen. A stray e-mail, perhaps, but not someone making up a membership pack, or taking one off a shelf somewhere, and physically consigning it to a courier or Australia Post, and the two things being co-ordinated and happening after our season has finished..... It just beggars belief.

This is not just an error - it is rank incompetence somewhere along the line.

On 24/05/2019 at 10:23 AM, citypool said:

Meanwhile people like me who are passionate about the club can’t get a interview  to work for the club...

Because any person involved in the club are not meant to show passion. If you resend your CV and say you are a non-emotional drone that says yes to everything then you a sure to be selected.

Also just attach this picture and you will definately get a position.

IMG_20190525_121139.thumb.jpg.371b605ff117085733f14279a75e907c.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Didn't doubt your veracity, my friend. I'm just can't think of a set of circumstances in which all these things could happen. A stray e-mail, perhaps, but not someone making up a membership pack, or taking one off a shelf somewhere, and physically consigning it to a courier or Australia Post, and the two things being co-ordinated and happening after our season has finished..... It just beggars belief.

This is not just an error - it is rank incompetence somewhere along the line.

Its membership targets being missed, so you are quite right, rank incompetence!

9 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Out of curiosity, what position did you apply for?

Attacking midfield. 

It's an absolute joke and slap in the face for any long suffering loyal passionate individual. This is just another major balls up in the every increasing list of poor decisions. When will this club get it. The poor bloke just wanted an interview. 

This club!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I note that the letter refers to a match against Sydney on 16th March 2019 - presumably the letter was printed before the fixture was changed to 17th March.

I'd say the root cause of this is really the contracting out of various parts of the "membership process" and the loss of control that results. IMO it's something the club should organise in-house, or at the very least use local Melbourne labour (or indeed volunteers) for.

19 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Out of curiosity, what position did you apply for?

Membership consultant but as someone mentioned they do it in Adelaide and the people there couldn’t give a stuff. I know the afl memberships are done with their clubs and don’t think they have problems 

26 minutes ago, citypool said:

Membership consultant but as someone mentioned they do it in Adelaide and the people there couldn’t give a stuff. I know the afl memberships are done with their clubs and don’t think they have problems 

Didn't it say where it was based in the ad?

On 5/23/2019 at 6:04 PM, TheStig said:

The Stig

If you got the membership, can you screen shot the list of items you got within the packet? I noticed my nephews does not say membership in the list so I an intrigued to see what you got?

Edited by Tony999