Melbourne Football

19/20 Puma Kits

Dylan

27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Received e-mail to say the full range is available. Struggling to find a trace of red other than the badge. Fucking dark blue everywhere.

I hope that's not it. Insult to us all if it is. Where's the red training top? Where's the anniversary third kit? Where's our fucking heritage and identity? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

I hope that's not it. Insult to us all if it is. Where's the red training top? Where's the anniversary third kit? Where's our fucking heritage and identity? 

That was all taken away with this year - Red & white away kit gone, white shorts on home kit gone. It doesn’t surprise me. 

3 hours ago, fensaddler said:

There must be two competing forces in operation. Locally you've got Ryan trying to increase the membership tally, while you have CFG continually fucking us over with the corporate "brand."

Bitterly disappointed with this slap in the face.

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

Because he has had a crap season so far right?

Because he was crap last season and you are correct so far he has been disappointing in preseason and the cup. But let’s not go there again, we know you have weakness for failed marquee players.

But what I actually meant was that we fail again in signing an exciting marquee player which can potentially bring old and new fans back to the stadium. 

Edited by Mr MO

50 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Because he was crap last season and you are correct so far he has been disappointing in preseason and the cup. But let’s go there again, we know you have weakness for failed marquee players.

But what I actually meant was that we fail again in signing an exciting marquee player which can potentially bring old and new fans back to the stadium. 

The season hasn't started yet.

Just so you know.

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

He has been crap for over a year now. Signs seem to continue to point that way this off season. He's looked no better than npl level players. Praying he kills it as our chosen marquee. 

I agree NPL players have looked ok playing against rubbish teams, doesn't mean they will do well against A-league teams.

My point is that we should let the season start at least before we start judging who our good players are and who our crap players are.

Who knows who will step up with our new manager.

Florin as a marquee is a joke at this stage and if it doesn't work out Petrillo should be shown the door.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

I agree NPL players have looked ok playing against rubbish teams, doesn't mean they will do well against A-league teams.

My point is that we should let the the season start at least before we start judging who our good players are and who our crap players are.

Florin as a marquee is a joke at this stage and if it doesn't work out Petrillo should be shown the door.

Petrillo is not to blame actually. If anyone, it's the scouting network headed up by James Poole at CFG. They recruit all our visa players, and scout for all the other clubs in the CFG stable. Petrillo is more about managing contract terms - wages, contract length etc. "Talent management" it's called.

3 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Well there you go. Closer to the season and against A-league opposition he scored.

IMG_20190904_150421.thumb.jpg.69116d9e799086fa6d2d0d4a2eaf377d.jpg

Now you've done it.

Whether he (Berenguer) is any good or not is an interesting discussion but your support for him has IMO condemned him to extreme shitness. 

You banged on endlessly about Koren and followed with Budzinkski and now with Berenguer. 

You need to take a good hard look at yourself.

By the way personally of the 3 I mentioned, Berenguer is probably the poorest. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

My point is that we should let the the season start at least before we start judging who our good players are and who our crap players are.

I agree. I'm not saying Florin will definitely be crap this season. I'm saying he has been crap until now. But my point is that to suggest he is 50/50 to go either way, good or bad, is flawed though because the evidence so far leans toward bad. You seem to want to take this neutral stance on a player that hasn't performed. I'm questioning you on this...

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Now you've done it.

Whether he (Berenguer) is any good or not is an interesting discussion but your support for him has IMO condemned him to extreme shitness. 

You banged on endlessly about Koren and followed with Budzinkski and now with Berenguer. 

You need to take a good hard look at yourself.

By the way personally of the 3 I mentioned, Berenguer is probably the poorest. 

Hey last season i thought he was a solidish player who was being played out of position and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt seeing that to me he all the traits of a CM.

Obviously it is something that Mombaets has picked up on also seeing that is where he is playing now.

Let's just see how he goes.

As for Bud, this failure is on Wazza's head and not because Bud was a bad player.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Hey last season i thought he was a solidish player who was being played out of position and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt seeing that to me he all the traits of a CM.

Obviously it is something that Mombaets has picked up on also seeing that is where he is playing now.

Let's just see how he goes.

As for Bud, this failure is on Wazza's head and not because Bud was a bad player.

Solidish is being really generous. The way I saw it last season was, his first touch was below average. He couldn't shoot for shit. He looked liked he wasn't capable of following basic positional instructions, he looked like he lacked intensity especially in a tackle. Plus several other fundamental flaws I can't recall. 

Now I agree 100% that he wasn't helped by being asked to play as a winger, but even still he looked lost. 

Now this season he could be completely different and alot of his problems mentioned previously can be overcome by fitness and confidence and snagging a goal may be the catalyst for a transformation so I'm quietly optimistic he could turn things around. 

15 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Solidish is being really generous. The way I saw it last season was, his first touch was below average. He couldn't shoot for shit. He looked liked he wasn't capable of following basic positional instructions, he looked like he lacked intensity especially in a tackle. Plus several other fundamental flaws I can't recall. 

Now I agree 100% that he wasn't helped by being asked to play as a winger, but even still he looked lost. 

Now this season he could be completely different and alot of his problems mentioned previously can be overcome by fitness and confidence and snagging a goal may be the catalyst for a transformation so I'm quietly optimistic he could turn things around. 

You’ve forgotten his airkicks in front of goal and slip overs. Pisses me off we have such a dud as marquee.

Anyway enough bashing for today, let’s hope he improves.

31 minutes ago, Jovan said:

IMG_20190904_205248.thumb.jpg.437508c0d58a6f69ca8b88512093f0f6.jpg

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Didn't I read that somewhere that "...the full range will be available..."? Perhaps the definition of "full" has changed since I went to school.

It’s how a communist regime operates, they tell us what to buy, what to wear and what to believe in - in this case sky blue only! Paranoid and scared about a red rebellion.

Edited by Mr MO

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Didn't I read that somewhere that "...the full range will be available..."? Perhaps the definition of "full" has changed since I went to school.

You can have everything as long as it's not red. It just feels like this is deliberate. They watch social media and forums, they'll know there was a buzz about these tops. They've just decided it'll be like licensing a demo in HK. It just encourages the masses to express an unwelcome view. Made in Abu Dhabi... 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

You can have everything as long as it's not red. It just feels like this is deliberate. They watch social media and forums, they'll know there was a buzz about these tops. They've just decided it'll be like licensing a demo in HK. It just encourages the masses to express an unwelcome view. Made in Abu Dhabi... 

By suppressing red our owners just demonstrate how insecure they are. Pathetic really.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

By suppressing red our owners just demonstrate how insecure they are. Pathetic really.

It’s also probably why the third kit is being released so much later then the other kits, they’ll be hoping that most of the supporters will have already purchased a home or away kit without giving them the option of the third.  It’s a good way to ensure that the red and white kit remains the least prominent on match day

• Thanks 1

On 09/09/2019 at 7:02 PM, coys said:

It’s also probably why the third kit is being released so much later then the other kits, they’ll be hoping that most of the supporters will have already purchased a home or away kit without giving them the option of the third.  It’s a good way to ensure that the red and white kit remains the least prominent on match day

The third kit has been held back due to trying to get it right and to display the anniversary correctly, looks like it ended up being a little bit more rushed in the end as we didn't get the round 1 game that we asked for, we were aiming for a game against CCM.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, eric forman said:

The third kit has been held back due to trying to get it right and to display the anniversary correctly, looks like it ended up being a little bit more rushed in the end as we didn't get the round 1 game that we asked for, we were aiming for a game against CCM.

Well the leaked third kit doesn’t seem to make any reference to any anniversaries.

you seem to be itk about this... so do you know how much control the club (as in just Melbourne) has over the choices of designed and what will be made available?

1 hour ago, eric forman said:

You may not know, but are the red and white 19/20 kits now being sold in at least one sports shop the real anniversary kits? 

On 11/09/2019 at 3:16 PM, fensaddler said:

You may not know, but are the red and white 19/20 kits now being sold in at least one sports shop the real anniversary kits? 

As far as I know that is the real kit.

On 11/09/2019 at 2:30 PM, Dylan said:

Well the leaked third kit doesn’t seem to make any reference to any anniversaries.

you seem to be itk about this... so do you know how much control the club (as in just Melbourne) has over the choices of designed and what will be made available?

Correct, it appears that it was planned to being something more than it ended up being hence the delay in announcing it.

We have more than we did with Nike but still doesn't appear to be a huge amount.

26 minutes ago, eric forman said:

Correct, it appears that it was planned to being something more than it ended up being hence the delay in announcing it

We have more than we did with Nike but still doesn't appear to be a huge amount.

Yeah pretty understandable really. I mean, we're just a small club owned by an ordinary bloke who doesn't have a lot of the ready, and, I mean Puma are pretty small as well so I suppose we're lucky to have the third kit at all really, probably only because we're keen to maintain the old links to red and white...so I don't see why anyone would have expected more really....Just an anniversary really, isn't it, not much to get excited about - pass me another fishpaste sandwich would you dear?

To add a bit of perspective. I was disappointed with what was released as describe as a ‘full range’ but having a look at other aleague clubs they all seem to get the same range from their kit manufacturers. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this was some kind of FFA restrictive measure. 

So hopefully this changes next season on and that god awful generic range is banished and the puma stuff expanded