Melbourne Football

19/20 Puma Kits

Dylan

Club CEO, Brad Rowse, said: “Whatever happens, we want to thank you for your loyalty and passion for Melbourne City. Our loyal members and fans are the red, white and blue soul of the Club. Every decision we make at the moment is to try and get the best outcome for you, the fans, the Club and the players.”

Confusing??, Red and white and blue - our home strip is City Blue and away Black and white. We only wore red and white for 10 year anniversary this season? 

47 minutes ago, citymad said:

Club CEO, Brad Rowse, said: “Whatever happens, we want to thank you for your loyalty and passion for Melbourne City. Our loyal members and fans are the red, white and blue soul of the Club. Every decision we make at the moment is to try and get the best outcome for you, the fans, the Club and the players.”

Confusing??, Red and white and blue - our home strip is City Blue and away Black and white. We only wore red and white for 10 year anniversary this season? 

Each one of us should e-mail the club and say "If you really mean that, the way to thank us for our loyalty is for you to be loyal to us - so bring back the red-and-white." The fight is never over until the last man falls.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe right now is the worst time to make this comment as I assume they are less well resourced than normal but I do not understand how these design companies get away with copy pasting the same design all over the world. 

Maybe if they were designing a kit for the Northcote u12s a template makes sense but surely the profits from producing gear for a single professional club should be enough to cover designing them something unique, let alone the combined proceeds a company like Puma would get from it's collection of clubs. I'm not a designer but it cannot be that hard to make a fresh design, and it isn't even as if you'd be hiring one designer per club. They also lose the "it's to keep costs down" argument when kits cost over $100 each. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Aardvark said:

Maybe right now is the worst time to make this comment as I assume they are less well resourced than normal but I do not understand how these design companies get away with copy pasting the same design all over the world. 

Maybe if they were designing a kit for the Northcote u12s a template makes sense but surely the profits from producing gear for a single professional club should be enough to cover designing them something unique, let alone the combined proceeds a company like Puma would get from it's collection of clubs. I'm not a designer but it cannot be that hard to make a fresh design, and it isn't even as if you'd be hiring one designer per club. They also lose the "it's to keep costs down" argument when kits cost over $100 each. 

All about money. To offset the cost of paying the big clubs millions of dollars in Sponsorship deals probably much cheaper to copy and paste for the smaller, less high profile clubs.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

New kits every season is just a huge consumer rip-off. TBH I don't know why anyone gets sucked in to buying them. What's needed is a consumer boycott. 

Why even have kits? Everyone just run around nude

50 minutes ago, haz said:

Why even have kits? Everyone just run around nude

The fans need to lead by example on this one. Once we are allowed back into AAMI park you lead the charge for a mass nude streaking... Everyone else will be right behind you.. we promise..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, malloy said:

The fans need to lead by example on this one. Once we are allowed back into AAMI park you lead the charge for a mass nude streaking... Everyone else will be right behind you.. we promise..

The Nix fans won't have nothing on us!

We wont get anything different or unique.

You only need to look at the 10 year anniversary 'kit'. The one time you could imagine that Puma might put in effort. But nope, that was just a standard boring template.

Edited by Dylan

10 hours ago, Dylan said:

We wont get anything different or unique.

You only need to look at the 10 year anniversary 'kit'. The one time you could imagine that Puma might put in effort. But nope, that was just a standard boring template.

Thought the red and white kit was one of the best ones ever done at the club. Quality was good as well with printed on sponsors and logos unlike Nike. Aesthetically looks awesome  

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Thought the red and white kit was one of the best ones ever done at the club. Quality was good as well with printed on sponsors and logos unlike Nike. Aesthetically looks awesome  

It's the best looking red and white kit we've had as MCFC, but people just want to complain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Looks like blue, black and red, and white with red pinstripe. Two kits with red at least... 

Yeah that my thoughts as well - in that order home, away and third unless the black one is a goalkeeper jersey.

Well done to the club keeping the red on there perhaps not everything is lost!

Edited by Mr MO