Melbourne Football

19/20 Puma Kits

Dylan

46 minutes ago, Bob Latchford said:

All the kits were designed by a bloke that is actually a member, and has been since heart days.

Away kit is a definite template job, but hard to fault them if they gave the job to a foundation member.

Source: puma outlet in moorabbin

Going to all skyblue soulless pyjamas is done by a member? Would love for them to have consulted more members before removing our traditional white shorts.

The minor details such as the wider white lined patch on the shoulders and the thinner white lines at the bottom of the shorts are a carbon copy from most 2019 Puma kits, Manchester has exactly the same details. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Going to all skyblue soulless pyjamas is done by a member? Would love for them to have consulted more members before removing our traditional white shorts.

The minor details such as the wider white lined patch on the shoulders and the thinner white lines at the bottom of the shorts are a carbon copy from most 2019 Puma kits, Manchester has exactly the same details. 

Will you stop friggin whinging all the time???? F...me it's tiresome.

He's just giving insight into how the process was done. If that's what the member came up with, so be it. It's not ideal but it is what it is. Let's be real, if they fixed that up, you'd go back to whinging about Berenguer. If he plays a good game, you'll then whinge about CFG and their intentions... And so on and so on..

Round 1 hasn't even started yet...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I'm going to guess that whoever did the design(s) was given a very narrow range of options to work from.

22 minutes ago, rass said:

Will you stop friggin whinging all the time???? F...me it's tiresome.

He's just giving insight into how the process was done. If that's what the member came up with, so be it. It's not ideal but it is what it is. Let's be real, if they fixed that up, you'd go back to whinging about Berenguer. If he plays a good game, you'll then whinge about CFG and their intentions... And so on and so on..

Round 1 hasn't even started yet...

Calm down mate. 

You are correct, Berenguer and taking away my club colours are my biggest frustrations at the moment. I’ve congratulated Florin on a good game, thank you.

But I don’t see any harm in what I’ve posted about the kit, wouldn’t it be great to consult members more often? 

I’m long time Manchester City supporter as well from well before the Abu Dhabi take over, so I’m not in the hate camp you think I’m in. I happened to be a heart member too. 

Not everybody can have the Rass way of thinking. It’s a forum where we discuss things, positive or negative all be based on opinions.

Edited by Mr MO

3 minutes ago, kiko said:

The 3rd kit should be the away kit unless playing Adelaide in which case we use the 2nd kit. And maybe WSW. Anyhow great move by the club to bring back the red and white stripes.

The last couple of seasons I mostly recall us putting on the red/white away against Wellington.

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

The last couple of seasons I mostly recall us putting on the red/white away against Wellington.

Yeah funny how that worked out, anyhow maybe even the derby away game I'd like to see the red and white again. Nice contrast of colours on the pitch + the whole history of the series. At least in years when MV have 2 home games possibly in one of them we can play in our original colours.

Edited by kiko
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

Calm down mate.

You are correct, Berenguer and taking away my club colours are my biggest frustrations at the moment. I’ve congratulated Florin on a good game, thank you.

I’m long time Manchester City supporter as well from well before the Abu Dhabi take over, so I’m not in the hate camp you think I’m in. I happened to be a heart member too. 

Not everybody can have the Rass way of thinking. It’s a forum where we discuss things, positive or negative all be based on opinions.

Mate, I agree it's a forum to discussnabd I appreciate your support ofvthe club. IMO though we've crossed that line for a while now, of it just being a moan fest on here. I singled you out because I honestly do get that impression from most posts of yours.

I originally came on here hoping to find good information on the team. Apart from the good work of peeps like @Bob Latchford, @bt50 and a few others, it's just drivel... And to find their good stuff, I have to trawl pages of whingy crap. Dont have the energy or time anymore for that TBH, it's such a drain.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, kiko said:

Yeah funny how that worked out, anyhow maybe even the derby away game I'd like to see the red and white again. Nice contrast of colours on the pitch + the whole history of the series. At least in years when MV have 2 home games possibly in one of them we can play in our original colours.

In the past via "City Voice" it was suggested that we use our heritage kit for our home Christmas Derby. At the time the suggestion found favour with the club, but it was never implemented.

18 minutes ago, kiko said:

I suspect that it might have been because our away kit was too dark and close to the Wellington kit.

34 minutes ago, rass said:

Mate, I agree it's a forum to discussnabd I appreciate your support ofvthe club. IMO though we've crossed that line for a while now, of it just being a moan fest on here. I singled you out because I honestly do get that impression from most posts of yours.

I originally came on here hoping to find good information on the team. Apart from the good work of peeps like @Bob Latchford, @bt50 and a few others, it's just drivel... And to find their good stuff, I have to trawl pages of whingy crap. Dont have the energy or time anymore for that TBH, it's such a drain.

I didn’t think my post was that bad, it’s the truth about the Puma standard kit format. It was constructive criticism about getting more fans has involved for the kit designs. I’m sorry that you have to read through people views/opinions on the forum.

But I promise I will really try to fold in line and only post neutral or positive posts. It’s just frustrating sometimes being old an grumpy supporter.

Edited by Mr MO

9 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I didn’t think my post was that bad, it’s the truth about the Puma standard kit format. It was constructive criticism about getting more fans has involved for the kit designs. I’m sorry that you have to read through people views/opinions on the forum.

But I promise I will really try to fold in line and only post neutral or positive posts. It’s just frustrating sometimes being old an grumpy supporter.

Lol it's not about being neutral or positive, it's the whinging rehash we do here. Yeah I get it, we're not happy about stuff. I just don't need to see the same posts on repeat for pages on end.. 

28 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

In the past via "City Voice" it was suggested that we use our heritage kit for our home Christmas Derby. At the time the suggestion found favour with the club, but it was never implemented.

That's a fantastic idea. I hope there is someone at the club tuning in.

3 hours ago, rass said:

Would me creating a new thread with a crispy title cheer you up :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rass said:

Lol it's not about being neutral or positive, it's the whinging rehash we do here. Yeah I get it, we're not happy about stuff. I just don't need to see the same posts on repeat for pages on end.. 

👍 will do! You promise to be nice to people who have different feelings or views on topics. 

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Red and white kit is awesome.

I’m hoping that we walk out on Saturday in red!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, marn11 said:

The red and white discussion has been done to death and is so fuckin' boring, but I think the club should be commended for this 3rd kit campaign. A bit of nostalgia seeing Skoko, Rutger and the fellas rocking the red and white again. 

true that, can't say the club hasn't listened

Seeing Paddy K wearing the top damn well brought a tear to my eye, best defender we've had aside from Bart.

• 5 months later...

There could also be a bit of red and white striped fatigue in this quiz, seeing as there's about 6 kits that look basically the same. Having said that I am also amazed how close that one was, and am also amazed that there seems to be support for the current white away monstrosity (presently at 38% against the black with red and white sash kit, which is way more than it deserves). 

IMO there's a bit of an echo chamber in terms of the Heart fans too; there any many supporters that have come onboard since the takeover and dont have the connection, and likewise they also seem to be less of the diehards. In the channels that you find the diehard fans such as the forum, theres a far stronger representation of the Heart base than there perhaps is across the wider fandom.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

IMO there's a bit of an echo chamber in terms of the Heart fans too; there any many supporters that have come onboard since the takeover and dont have the connection, and likewise they also seem to be less of the diehards. In the channels that you find the diehard fans such as the forum, theres a far stronger representation of the Heart base than there perhaps is across the wider fandom.

I'll go further. Judging by "our gang" (all former heart fans who still attend matches) former Heart fans have more or less given up on the old colours and the old identity, and also know that it's pointless to keep on about it because the club isn't likely to take any notice anyway. So who cares what the result of the vote is. There could be 100% in favour of red and white, but CFG wouldn't change.

I think it’s also interesting to note on what social media platforms people are voting on because on Instagram the red and white kits seem to have won the majority of votes in fact I think it’s only been one round a red and white kit hasn’t won. Also interesting to note every round the red and white stripes has been involved in has got the most votes