Melbourne Football

19/20 Puma Kits

Dylan

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

To add a bit of perspective. I was disappointed with what was released as describe as a ‘full range’ but having a look at other aleague clubs they all seem to get the same range from their kit manufacturers. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this was some kind of FFA restrictive measure. 

So hopefully this changes next season on and that god awful generic range is banished and the puma stuff expanded 

Thought I heard somewhere that the clubs have FFA imposed range restrictions on merch every year? 

5 hours ago, marn11 said:

Thought I heard somewhere that the clubs have FFA imposed range restrictions on merch every year? 

I saw that to, thought nothing much of it. But then I actually went and checked the other clubs so I guess that’s confirmed.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@marn11 But aren't we selling our merchandise "independent" of the FFA? I thought that somehow we were the only club to be doing so? Something like that anyway.

Well if you want a nitpick answer, known as a legaly type of answer, you could say that yes independent of the FFA but not of the league. 

Ie there are probably some kind of contracts that are bounding for the league but not the FFA.

But we can all agree. The home kit this year is soo very bad

Edited by Dylan

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2019 at 10:47 AM, marn11 said:

On 14/09/2019 at 1:47 PM, jw1739 said:

@marn11 But aren't we selling our merchandise "independent" of the FFA? I thought that somehow we were the only club to be doing so? Something like that anyway.

On 14/09/2019 at 2:01 PM, Dylan said:

I saw that to, thought nothing much of it. But then I actually went and checked the other clubs so I guess that’s confirmed.

Well if you want a nitpick answer, known as a legaly type of answer, you could say that yes independent of the FFA but not of the league. 

Ie there are probably some kind of contracts that are bounding for the league but not the FFA.

But we can all agree. The home kit this year is soo very bad

There is a limit on what clubs can sell from their own manufacturers. IIRC its 8 pieces but they are pushing it every year to try and do more. 

FFA has their generic stuff which has to be used.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I know it’s blasphemy for any criticism towards heart or a red and white kit but if it’s the same we have had the last 5 years then it’s as bad as the new home kit imo 

I think it differs to the last ones we’ve had even though it’s  red and white stripes. it’s supposed to be as close to a carbon copy of our first ever kit as in same number of stripes same order and looking st leaked photos even including red and white stripes on the shoulders that was included in the season one heart strip

12 minutes ago, coys said:

I think it differs to the last ones we’ve had even though it’s  red and white stripes. it’s supposed to be as close to a carbon copy of our first ever kit as in same number of stripes same order and looking st leaked photos even including red and white stripes on the shoulders that was included in the season one heart strip

Should be a carbon copy of our first away kit. Maybe controversial but I think the red sash kit is more iconic than the stripes.

Edited by Dylan
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Has anyone bought a this year's jersey? How well do the Puma sizes match Australian clothes sizes?

The new puma stuff in general looks a little more loose than the Nike kits. Shorts seem big and there is little room around the arms, definitely not slim fit or like the other skin tops from Puma some years back.

Edited by Mr MO

7 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I’m really baffled by this - so we release a 2010 heritage kit but we advertise that we exist since 2015 but really we became City in 2014. 

Information gets a bit skewed sometimes when you're getting instructions across the otherside of a world via email from a guy name Barry.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I’m really baffled by this - so we release a 2010 heritage kit but we advertise that we exist since 2015 but really we became City in 2014. 

Don't adjust your mind - it's a fault with reality.

I'm not surprised. A while ago I e-mailed the club about a particular photograph - can't recall now which one, but I think it was a visa player signing - and asked where the backdrop to the image was - a studio, or somewhere at CFA Manchester. But I never received a reply. I don't think that the left hand knows what the right is doing.

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Don't adjust your mind - it's a fault with reality.

I'm not surprised. A while ago I e-mailed the club about a particular photograph - can't recall now which one, but I think it was a visa player signing - and asked where the backdrop to the image was - a studio, or somewhere at CFA Manchester. But I never received a reply. I don't think that the left hand knows what the right is doing.

I'd guess they just don't want to tell you or they don't care much to respond to such comments. 

35 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I'd guess they just don't want to tell you or they don't care much to respond to such comments. 

It wasn't an adverse comment in any way - just an enquiry as to where the photograph was taken. I can't really see any reason why member would not warrant at least an acknowledgement. But I'm not losing any sleep about it.