Melbourne Football

Brad Rowse CEO

Dylan

Removal of Joyce ✔️

Consolidation of memberships, effective reduction in price ✔️

New CEO new kit supplier and new manager. Seems this might result in a bit of a reset.

also @jw1739 is deeply ITK with this guy. PM all question to him directly ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Removal of Joyce ✔️

New CEO new kit supplier and new manager. Seems this might result in a bit of a reset.

Well, I'm not at all! Only that he had said to a close friend "there is plenty to do", which, it seems he is doing. I would also add to the above that we are receiving very prompt information on player departures, including Scholarship players; the latter I do not recall hearing about directly before. Rowse had a lot of experience with the Geelong "brand", so perhaps he's going to make a difference here at City.

I met Brad once doing some volunteer work at the club and he seemed like a really grounded guy who "gets it". He was obviously very switched on with regards to the commercial aspects of running a football club, but not at the expense of the unique sporting culture you don't get in any other business industry. 

25 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Removal of Joyce ✔️

Wouldn't jump the gun just yet. Besides Joyce not being reinstated there's not much else tomshownfor just yet and plenty to improve on and/or change. Hoping for the best. 

28 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

hopefully he has washed himself off any Scott Munn related.

Time will tell. Unfortunately this guy has had his apprenticeship under one of the worst sports administrators in the country. 

He had 5 years as GM Marketing for Geelong FC and then 1 year as Director of Commercial Operations at Melbourne FC before joining Heart. Prior to that 6 years with the Hyatt Hotel Group in resort management including a total of 5 years in Macau and Singapore.

I'd say he served his apprenticeship a long time ago. In many ways he might well have been appointed instead of Munn.

I wouldn't worry about whether he's up to the tasks ahead.

Just now, Tony999 said:

Did we (supporters) ever have any meetings with Munn in the Heart days? Can we push for meetings with the current CEO so he gets a better understanding of what we want?

Yarraside and the Fan Representative Group did.

The latter has not been "officially" shut down, but hasn't met since February 2018. You could ask Rowse about that?

2 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Sorry to tell you, but our sausage man has a permanent gaff at The Glen SC in Glen Waverley. I think he's moved on from being mobile. 

Wasn’t he just moved from inside the ground to Olympic Boulevard? With the excuse of a fire hazard but really it affected the food sales on the Yarra side.

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Wasn’t he just moved from inside the ground to Olympic Boulevard? With the excuse of a fire hazard but really it affected the food sales on the Yarra side.

People criticise Joyce for the regression in attendances at home games. BUT I suspect the correlation between reduction in attendees is more to blame with the removal of the sausage stand. Even Mooy wanted to stay in the ALeague until he found out and chucked in the towel for a lesser career in Englands football leagues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

People criticise Joyce for the regression in attendances at home games. BUT I suspect the correlation between reduction in attendees is more to blame with the removal of the sausage stand. Even Mooy wanted to stay in the ALeague until he found out and chucked in the towel for a lesser career in Englands football leagues. 

Well, there you are. We need a group of enterprising young supporters with entrepreneurial flair to set up the "City Supporters Sausage Stand" at the southern end.

Would be a winner.

It's "piece de resistance" would of course be the "Brattswurst."

Edited by jw1739
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 3:20 PM, Dylan said:

Removal of Joyce ✔️

May as well bring the Yarraside back and reset the Active Area too.

P.S. I've always said that we should continue to be known as "The Heart" after becoming Melbourne City so having a connection to our roots (like Yarraside) and singing "Oh when the Heart go marching in" will help that moniker...there are also two 'Melbourne Heart' stylised hearts on our logo...similar to how Macarthur FC who have a bull on their shield  will have "The Bulls" nickname ;)

1 hour ago, Red or Dead said:

P.S. I've always said that we should continue to be known as "The Heart" after becoming Melbourne City so having a connection to our roots (like Yarraside) and singing "Oh when the Heart go marching in" will help that moniker...there are also two 'Melbourne Heart' stylised hearts on our logo...similar to how Macarthur FC who have a bull on their shield  will have "The Bulls" nickname ;)

Heart & Yarraside is dead as is red also.

Pun intended. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Heart & Yarraside is dead as is red also.

Pun intended. 

Yeah, unfortunately the Heart went marching out when CFG came marching in...but I refuse to believe it's dead because there are a lot of foundation members whoa are still members so to quote the timeless Celine Dion, My heart will go on... :wub:

Dear Bradley 

Hopefully you watched the GF. Please take note of how two champion clubs are run. In particular Sydney. It's clear what's made Sydney the most successful club in the league. Club culture. How is this created, it's done with good people, hard working, humble, with the right morals and values. Get this right and We too could be there soon. Three are gone which is a start. There is still more cancer that needs to be cut out of our club. You know who they are. It start now with you. 

53 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

Dear Bradley 

Hopefully you watched the GF. Please take note of how two champion clubs are run. In particular Sydney. It's clear what's made Sydney the most successful club in the league. Club culture. How is this created, it's done with good people, hard working, humble, with the right morals and values. Get this right and We too could be there soon. Three are gone which is a start. There is still more cancer that needs to be cut out of our club. You know who they are. It start now with you. 

You reckon Brad is on the forum? haha.

Brad if you read this, please say hi!

11 hours ago, Red or Dead said:

Well that is up to the supporters to use the name. Id rather the club not be involved in something like that

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Well that is up to the supporters to use the name. Id rather the club not be involved in something like that

Strangely enough it is up to the club, not the supporters. Yarraside is Melbourne Heart's terrace (not Melbourne city) and will only return if Melbourne Heart are resurrected. While this club is called Melbourne city and wears "city" blue Yarraside will never return.

*and having said that, the way CFG went about the takeover, even if they were to start wearing red and white and calling themselves heart, I'm not sure if anyone involved with Yarraside would be willing to lift a finger for this mob

Edited by KSK_47

31 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Strangely enough it is up to the club, not the supporters. Yarraside is Melbourne Heart's terrace (not Melbourne city) and will only return if Melbourne Heart are resurrected. While this club is called Melbourne city and wears "city" blue Yarraside will never return.

*and having said that, the way CFG went about the takeover, even if they were to start wearing red and white and calling themselves heart, I'm not sure if anyone involved with Yarraside would be willing to lift a finger for this mob

I was talking about taking the nickname of Heart or the heart etc. not bringing back YS

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

I would love the active end to be called Heart, Hearts or something similar! Then a little bit of red on our kit somewhere and I would be really happy in terms of heritage.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, AXIOM said:

Dear Bradley 

I don't think it's any coincidence that the common factor in the Sydney and Perth clubs is Tony Pignata, Chief Executive Officer.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Pignata

It's pretty clear that he knows how to run an A-League football club and to extract the maximum out of all the rules that FFA applies to the clubs. In all cases he's had the full support of the owners of his clubs - Wellington, Sydney and Perth.

Rowse has only just taken over City. IMO we have to give him time to make his mark on the club. I see his main hurdle as being this "brand" crap from Manchester.

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

I was talking about taking the nickname of Heart or the heart etc. not bringing back YS

Your post was ambiguous. I thought that you were referring to Macarthur FC and the use of a bull on the badge, thus that club being seen to suggest the nickname of "The Bulls."

Surely the issue of Melbourne Heart and Yarraside has been dead for a while? No point in resurrecting it. AFAIK "Melburnians" has come and gone, and now we have "City Terrace." If that has gone into hibernation I wouldn't blame the organisers one little bit. To my mind the degree of "activity" will reflect the entertainment offered on the field, not the other way around. City home matches in 2018/19 rarely offered much on the field.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Your post was ambiguous. I thought that you were referring to Macarthur FC and the use of a bull on the badge, thus that club being seen to suggest the nickname of "The Bulls."

Surely the issue of Melbourne Heart and Yarraside has been dead for a while? No point in resurrecting it. AFAIK "Melburnians" has come and gone, and now we have "City Terrace." If that has gone into hibernation I wouldn't blame the organisers one little bit. To my mind the degree of "activity" will reflect the entertainment offered on the field, not the other way around. City home matches in 2018/19 rarely offered much on the field.

I have always thought, since CFG has come in, we should have used the 'heart' image a lot more either as a nick name or on banners etc. Ofc there is nothing stopping anyone now doing it but youd want to be prominent and consistent so in the years to come it becomes apart of the club fabric.  Its highly unlikely CFG will do it, so its up to the supporters (although it is in our logo)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...