Melbourne Football

Joyce is GONE!

OzOranje

1 hour ago, Rasputin said:

What was the point of getting rid of Bruno.  Amateurs.

You might like to listen to this, from Peter Crouch, formerly of Liverpool. https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/48199045

None of us know what really happened with Joyce and Fornaroli, but it's possible Bruno fell foul of Joyce's insistence on giving the maximum at training, no exceptions. This short recording of Peter Crouch gives an insight into training at Liverpool and lends support to Joyce's methods.

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You might like to listen to this, from Peter Crouch, formerly of Liverpool. https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/48199045

None of us know what really happened with Joyce and Fornaroli, but it's possible Bruno fell foul of Joyce's insistence on giving the maximum at training, no exceptions. This short recording of Peter Crouch gives an insight into training at Liverpool and lends support to Joyce's methods.

I respect Joyce’s efforts in establishing and maintaining the highest possible standards in training and preparation. It will hold the club in good stead. 

That’s as far as my respect goes in a coaching context. 

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I respect Joyce’s efforts in establishing and maintaining the highest possible standards in training and preparation. It will hold the club in good stead. 

Yep spot on. I think the groundwork he put in will bear fruit going forward tbh, as it shows the club wont be pushed around by its stars.
Ultimately he just couldnt get it right on the pitch though and hence he was shown the door.

• Like 1

Id rather have a team that can solve problems on the field and play around teams with a few egos than have a team that puts in good training and is fit but always comes up short. Couldnt get rid of joyce soon enough, had ample time to institute a system and game plan to the team and at the end of his tenure, I see us back to wear we left off with JVS (rather be back with JVS anyway).  I do not agree that he has set a positive foundation for this 'culture'.  You can have a great team that works hard but isnt disciplined to all f***.  Wrong attitude to football in my books, good riddance 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

In that case Mooy would have been shown the door as well. Mooy said in an interview that he knew what his body could cope with and when he came to city JVS gave him that freedom. Also from other sports, the older the player the less strain their body can cope with. This is why Joyce is a tool - he had only one method.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Harrison said:

10 hours ago, bt50 said:

Yep spot on. I think the groundwork he put in will bear fruit going forward tbh, as it shows the club wont be pushed around by its stars.
Ultimately he just couldnt get it right on the pitch though and hence he was shown the door.

No better than any other team.

Where was this elite fitness at the 119th minute?

This is a load of crap.

The only thing that matters is results.

If you fail on the pitch you fail, period.

Just bullshit, brainwashing propaganda.

Wazza was an incompetent doosh.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, playmaker said:

No better than any other team.

Where was this elite fitness at the 119th minute?

This is a load of crap.

The only thing that matters is results.

If you fail on the pitch you fail, period.

Just bullshit, brainwashing propaganda.

Wazza was an incompetent doosh.

I still can't get used to this @playmaker I know you changed your mind a while back but still...

9 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I still can't get used to this @playmaker I know you changed your mind a while back but still...

Why can't you get used to it?

Easy to understand isn't it?

The guy ended up failing to sign any high quality attackers (marquee or visas), pissed off our best players, behaved like a spoilt bully and then sooked about it, failed on the pitch, pissed off and disrespected supporters and demoralised the players.

Isnt it logical to change your mind on something when you see this destruction happening before your eyes?

I think it is.

Edited by playmaker