Melbourne Football

Forum or repository for whining?

OzOranje

Love the passion and varying opinions on here, but some people are just soooo negative about everything. I’m sure they complain about every meal at restaurants, the weather, their boss/work, their wife and in general LIFE!

I love the club, not necessarily every decision. Crap coaches, poor players and bad decisions happen, get over it!

Without CFG, we’d still be using bins for ice baths and what genuine talent from anywhere in the world would want to join a club like that. 

Lets get a new coach, invest in some new players and get the club back on track. 19/20 season starts now, here’s hoping it’s our year.

GO CITY!

22 minutes ago, OzOranje said:

Love the passion and varying opinions on here, but some people are just soooo negative about everything. I’m sure they complain about every meal at restaurants, the weather, their boss/work, their wife and in general LIFE!

I love the club, not necessarily every decision. Crap coaches, poor players and bad decisions happen, get over it!

Without CFG, we’d still be using bins for ice baths and what genuine talent from anywhere in the world would want to join a club like that. 

Lets get a new coach, invest in some new players and get the club back on track. 19/20 season starts now, here’s hoping it’s our year.

GO CITY!

..... Give it a few seasons mate. We were all positive once too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, OzOranje said:

I love the club, not necessarily every decision. Crap coaches, poor players and bad decisions.

What you do love so much about the club at the moment then?

Unfortunately, the human brain turns negative with crap coaching, poor players, bad decisions, ignoring supporters, poor results from youth, seniors and female teams the list goes on. Enlighten us with your positivity please!

• Like 1

Whilst I agree that CFG taking us over was a good thing as I don't know how sustainable the Heart model was

You can't escape the fact that we are the biggest under achieving team in the league for the resources we have. In the 5 seasons we have been City, we have never finished top 2 and been bundled out of the finals either first or second week every time, and I'd say only last season against Newcastle could we say we were slightly unlucky to be knocked out. 

The problem most of us have is we have no idea what direction the club is going. Are we a title winning club or a development club. Cause at the moment we are doing neither. We have only had one kid go on to Europe from us, I'd suspect that CFG would have liked that number to be higher

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OzOranje said:

Love the passion and varying opinions on here, but some people are just soooo negative about everything.

They are called realists.

I’m sure they complain about every meal at restaurants,

Only if it's crap, but usually I will still eat it.

Crap coaches, poor players and bad decisions happen,

Good summary of the club, well done.

Or maybe not. Maybe we would have local investment and been in a better position with local accountability with a management more atune to its club and supporters.

Lets get a new coach, invest in some new players and get the club back on track.

We hope for this every season and watch our club fail year after year, but if we didn't care we would not support our club and not be involved in discussions here.

But let me tell you! This season was a real tough one and hopefully the relationship with its members and supporters is not irrepairable.

And btw, you should be banned for being positive.

Edited by playmaker
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

At least they were our ice bins. We could sing about them, joke about them, revel in being the poor little downtrodden brother of Melbourne.

In other words, we had a club.

Yeah!

You know it’s easy to say “all so negative”. The results at Heart weren’t much better but us supporters were proud of our little club and stood by it.

59 minutes ago, OzOranje said:

GO CITY!

Hopefully you are still positive in November. 

We have for atleast 7 seasons have all been saying at 1 point or another if only we changed the , insert coach, technical director, gk coach, CEO,  fullback, CB, AM, Winger, striker, plus whatever other position we would be champions. 

If only we just accepted the fact that the personal isn't the problem. The entire club needs an entire overhaul. 

Edited by Jovan

40 minutes ago, haz said:

..... Give it a few seasons mate. We were all positive once too

I’ve been a supporter since year 1.

i too am frustrated and disappointed, but I just don’t feel constant negativity helps. 

I’m positive it’ll turn around. 

32 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

What you do love so much about the club at the moment then?

Unfortunately, the human brain turns negative with crap coaching, poor players, bad decisions, ignoring supporters, poor results from youth, seniors and female teams the list goes on. Enlighten us with your positivity please!

Positive about the fact that we’re part of a club where making the finals is underachieving. Winning silverware is the goal. 

Great facilities and huge potential. 

We just need to change a lot of things to get there, but I’ll stick around for the ride. 

34 minutes ago, neio said:

Whilst I agree that CFG taking us over was a good thing as I don't know how sustainable the Heart model was

You can't escape the fact that we are the biggest under achieving team in the league for the resources we have. In the 5 seasons we have been City, we have never finished top 2 and been bundled out of the finals either first or second week every time, and I'd say only last season against Newcastle could we say we were slightly unlucky to be knocked out. 

The problem most of us have is we have no idea what direction the club is going. Are we a title winning club or a development club. Cause at the moment we are doing neither. We have only had one kid go on to Europe from us, I'd suspect that CFG would have liked that number to be higher

Agree with current status, just think we need to look forward with hope and a solution focus

23 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

At least they were our ice bins. We could sing about them, joke about them, revel in being the poor little downtrodden brother of Melbourne.

In other words, we had a club.

We now have a club, heart was only ever a private equity investment looking for a buyer and profit. 

1 hour ago, OzOranje said:

GO CITY!

When we were taken over by CFG, I was initially excited about it. I was enticed by the idea of a club (my club!) being run so professionally it would change the face of Australian football by making everyone else lift the standard of what an Australian club can actually be.

But all they have done is removed everything I loved about the club and kept everything i was excited to see them to change.

Now i am in limbo. Changing to another team is not an option for me, but these days it actually brings me more pleasure to see all these ridiculous decisions backfire on them, than it does when they win. I fucking hate what this club has become and I doubt that will change until CFG actually treat this club like they want to make a change in the footballing landscape too. As they stated when they moved in.

I'm trapped here. So what else can I do but shitpost on their social media pages? 

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, playmaker said:

They are called realists.

Only if it's crap, but usually I will still eat it.

Good summary of the club, well done.

Or maybe not. Maybe we would have local investment and been in a better position with local accountability with a management more atune to its club and supporters.

We hope for this every season and watch our club fail year after year, but if we didn't care we would not support our club and not be involved in discussions here.

But let me tell you! This season was a real tough one and hopefully the relationship with its members and supporters is not irrepairable.

And btw, you should be banned for being positive.

Toughest year so far, I don’t think anyone other than WJ would disagree. 

Positives were still there though Bart, Shayon and JMac

7 minutes ago, OzOranje said:

We now have a club, heart was only ever a private equity investment looking for a buyer and profit. 

I think you really need to read up on what Melbourne CFG stands for! It's been quoted that our commercial activities and ROI are the main priorities.

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

When we were taken over by CFG, I was initially excited about it. I was enticed by the idea of a club (my club!) being run so professionally it would change the face of Australian football by making everyone else lift the standard of what an Australian club can actually be.

But all they have done is removed everything I loved about the club and kept everything i was excited to see them to change.

Now i am in limbo. Changing to another team is not an option for me, but these days it actually brings me more please to see all these ridiculous decisions backfire on them, than it does when they win. I fucking hate what this club has become and I doubt that will change until CFG actually treat this club like they actually want to make a change in the footballing landscape too. As they stated when they moved in.

I'm trapped here. So what else can I do but shitpost on their social media pages? 

CFG are pushing hard for change and playing major role in giving the clubs true ownership instead of the FFA. Once these changes occur I’m sure we’ll see the chaywe all hoped for. 

5 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Now i am in limbo. Changing to another team is not an option for me, but these days it actually brings me more please to see all these ridiculous decisions backfire on them, than it does when they win. I fucking hate what this club has become and I doubt that will change until CFG actually treat this club like they actually want to make a change in the footballing landscape too. As they stated when they moved in.

Most of feel the same way, changing team isn't an easy move. I actually feel more cheated and us fans been taken for ride than trapped.

8 minutes ago, OzOranje said:

CFG are pushing hard for change and playing major role in giving the clubs true ownership instead of the FFA. Once these changes occur I’m sure we’ll see the chaywe all hoped for. 

Well if we have to wait until we have an independent league before they start getting serious, we will all continue to slowly drop off, lose interest and complain. And hopefully they haven't damaged the brand beyond repair when that finally happens. I'm not holding my breath 

1 minute ago, KSK_47 said:

Well if we have to wait until we have an independent league before they start getting serious, we will all continue to slowly drop off, lose interest and complain. And hopefully they haven't damaged the brand beyond repair when that finally happens. I'm not holding my breath 

You have to ask yourself why does CFG not want to be competitive from the start?

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

You have to ask yourself why does CFG not want to be competitive from the start?

Exactly! It's just petulance. "If I cant write the rules, then I'm not playing!"

There is a very good reason we dont have an independent league.

Edited by KSK_47

There's a parallel theme that frequently surfaces on the City fan Facebook pages - 'what is a "real" fan'. There seem to be two different perspectives on this, there are those who believe that anything other than uncritical positivity is not acceptable in a 'true' supporter. The other stream of thought is that criticism (not attack) is a legitimate form of support. I'm in the latter group, I really want to be talking glowingly about MCFC, and I look forward to the day, however, I see no evidence that the organisation has learnt from its mistakes. When I look at where we are now and compare this to what Soriano promised, in fact, we've never been further. It's difficult to remain unremittingly positive about this. 

I hope that I can be positive as soon as next season.

I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

There's a parallel theme that frequently surfaces on the City fan Facebook pages - 'what is a "real" fan'. There seem to be two different perspectives on this, there are those who believe that anything other than uncritical positivity is not acceptable in a 'true' supporter. The other stream of thought is that criticism (not attack) is a legitimate form of support. I'm in the latter group, I really want to be talking glowingly about MCFC, and I look forward to the day, however, I see no evidence that the organisation has learnt from its mistakes. When I look at where we are now and compare this to what Soriano promised, in fact, we've never been further. It's difficult to remain unremittingly positive about this. 

I hope that I can be positive as soon as next season.

I'm not holding my breath.

I’m in between the two streams. I have commented on things that aren’t satisfactory but remain supportive of the club and team. Blind loyalty is dangerous, history has shown us that, but unrelenting pessimism is for people who love being the victim. 

For those that hate the club and team, it’s an open door policy!

2 hours ago, OzOranje said:

You need a reality check FFS :droy:

The current HAL setup doesn't prevent us from winning silverware. Just ask Victory, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Jets for example. The idea that we just need to wait till FFA is rolled and then we'll see us leap ahead is brain dead thinking.

1 minute ago, OzOranje said:

I’m in between the two streams. I have commented on things that aren’t satisfactory but remain supportive of the club and team. Blind loyalty is dangerous, history has shown us that, but unrelenting pessimism is for people who love being the victim. 

For those that hate the club and team, it’s an open door policy!

I guess us in the second group see it as unrelenting realism:tooth:

1 minute ago, HEARTinator said:

The current HAL setup doesn't prevent us from winning silverware. Just ask Victory, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Jets for example. The idea that we just need to wait till FFA is rolled and then we'll see us leap ahead is brain dead thinking.

Even central coast ffs

5 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

Reality is subjective and dependent on your point of view. 

I didn’t suggest the changes will magically produce results, they will simply provide confidence to invest more. 

No right minded person would invest in something that they have little to no control over. 

I don’t think any Manchester city supporters want their little club back, wallowing in mediocrity. 

Even that took time and the EPL had very few restrictions 

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

As if this guy doesn't work for the club

images (2).jpeg

I’d love to work for the club, but no just a guy with a different opinion. Next time I’ll follow the herd like a good little sheep

• Like 1

Happy to catch up for a beer pre game if anyone wants to see that I’m just another supporter, you can even check me for wires. 🙂

11 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Yeah, Ok nark 

KSK_47 Another member of the tin foil hat brigade? Watch out the government is listening too

Edited by OzOranje

12 minutes ago, OzOranje said:

Happy to catch up for a beer pre game if anyone wants to see that I’m just another supporter, you can even check me for wires. 🙂

Another member of the tin foil hat brigade? Watch out the government is listening too

So you've been with the club since day one, and after nine seasons you decide to sign up to the forum less than 48 hours after we experience one of the most crushing defeats to cap off one of the shittest seasons in our existence, saying "hey guys. I think you're being a bit harsh on CFG. They're doing amazing things behind the scenes" 

What did you expect?

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

I like the optimism. We also want more fans here on the forum so lets not be too harsh.

I think it is safe to say, though opposing viewpoints, both are in favor of supporting this club. One way is to stick by and believe in the difficult times, the other to give the club stick where it deserves. God knows this club deserves as much stick as it gets - it probably is deserving of some positivity too.

Abysmal season by the standards we should have achieved. I doubt anyone is surprised though - this was predicted months ago. We got what we deserved and the season ended up in the way it should have for us. Anything more would have been over and above.

• Thanks 1

Just now, KSK_47 said:

So you've been with the club since day one, and after nine seasons you decide to sign up to the forum less than 48 hours after we experience one of the most crushing defeats after one of the shittest season in our existence, saying "hey guys. I think you're being a bit harsh on CFG. They're doing amazing things behind the scenes" 

What did you expect?

A few leaks (transfers etc) some good banter with people that share my passion for the club. Never really been into forums, just came across it looking for MelbCity related news. But I do understand the scepticism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Now i am in limbo. Changing to another team is not an option for me, but these days it actually brings me more pleasure to see all these ridiculous decisions backfire on them, than it does when they win. I fucking hate what this club has become and I doubt that will change until CFG actually treat this club like they want to make a change in the footballing landscape too. As they stated when they moved in.

Foundation member here. Furious with most decisions and blaming CFG for that, but at least you would never switch clubs. Nothing pisses me off more when l hear "I'm going to Western Melbourne". Guess loyalty doesn't exist in their vocabulary and tbh, if someone says that best they piss off anyway. Wouldn't want a supporter who changes teams more than what they change their underwear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzOranje said:

A few leaks (transfers etc) some good banter with people that share my passion for the club. Never really been into forums, just came across it looking for MelbCity related news. But I do understand the scepticism. 

Good you have found us.

We are a melancholy bunch who do want nothing more than to see this club succeed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, n i k o said:

First and foremost I think there's been some fantastic intiatives by the club that supporters have felt proud about. They have hit the mark at times during our history and it felt like  we're going n the right direction (despite underlining issues both past and present that would always sit just below the surface and threaten to counter these positives) But what connects and makes supporters feel like they are part an actual club is where CFG have failed.

In rough order why Melbourne City has lost its supporters and is not a club anymore...

1. First and foremost a lot of people on this forum are ex Heart supporters. Right there is the biggest and issue, challenge, difficulty, hurdle...whatever you want to call it. 

2. Sorians promise not to become a mini Manchester, failed...city voice, Manchester third kit in first season, city blue now for home kit, Oasis post match song that is still being played. Many other points I could make.

3. Losing the red and white. And worse yet playing in a replica Manchester City third kit.

4. Another broken promise of David Villa. I don't think this impacted our season, but it's the promise that is the issue here.

Fast forward to last two seasons and the coaching and player issues...

5. The removal of top and loved players within the team

6. The references to bottom line and and financial stability to fans

7. The lack of ambition for the sake of financial stability (I think used as a tool to not prop up the league, but resulting in us fans suffering) 

8. The poor decision in appointing Joyce

9. Supporters having no connection to the current crop of players

10. Using other clubs goal theme songs 

11. Attempting to sign the one of the most hated players in our history and thinking fans would actually accept it

I haven't even spoken about results and style of play. Quite frankly I can stand up to all the shit talkers about results or style of play, but I have no defence against the way the CFG has removed almost every element of what a true club stands for. 

Not to mention the sausage stand. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1