Melbourne Football

Forum or repository for whining?

OzOranje

19 minutes ago, n i k o said:

First and foremost I think there's been some fantastic intiatives by the club that supporters have felt proud about. They have hit the mark at times during our history and it felt like  we're going n the right direction (despite underlining issues both past and present that would always sit just below the surface and threaten to counter these positives) But what connects and makes supporters feel like they are part an actual club is where CFG have failed.

In rough order why Melbourne City has lost its supporters and is not a club anymore...

1. First and foremost a lot of people on this forum are ex Heart supporters. Right there is the biggest and issue, challenge, difficulty, hurdle...whatever you want to call it. 

2. Sorians promise not to become a mini Manchester, failed...city voice, Manchester third kit in first season, city blue now for home kit, Oasis post match song that is still being played. Many other points I could make.

3. Losing the red and white. And worse yet playing in a replica Manchester City third kit.

4. Another broken promise of David Villa. I don't think this impacted our season, but it's the promise that is the issue here.

Fast forward to last two seasons and the coaching and player issues...

5. The removal of top and loved players within the team

6. The references to bottom line and and financial stability to fans

7. The lack of ambition for the sake of financial stability (I think used as a tool to not prop up the league, but resulting in us fans suffering) 

8. The poor decision in appointing Joyce

9. Supporters having no connection to the current crop of players

10. Using other clubs goal theme songs 

11. Attempting to sign the one of the most hated players in our history and thinking fans would actually accept it

I haven't even spoken about results and style of play. Quite frankly I can stand up to all the shit talkers about results or style of play, but I have no defence against the way the CFG has removed almost every element of what a true club stands for. 

You've got most of them, but I think I would add: The use of the hated dark blue in advertising, merchandise, training kits, and even the vertical stripe on the hybrid playing kit we used for two seasons. Shutting down the Fan Representative Group. And the broken promise on Marquee players.

• Like 1

Just now, jw1739 said:

You've got most of them, but I think I would add: The use of the hated dark blue in advertising, merchandise, training kits, and even the vertical stripe on the hybrid playing kit we used for two seasons. Shutting down the Fan Representative Group. And the broken promise on Marquee players.

Thanks Jw. I knew I'd forgotten a number of other but extremely important points. 

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Thanks Jw. I knew I'd forgotten a number of other but extremely important points. 

@n i k o I've kept copies of (some of) those early promises, and they make very interesting reading. There was every justification for the initial enthusiasm about the change in ownership. 

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

That's just because they copy everything from Manchester, Man City always uses lots of navy just look at their socks. Those things might seem tiny for them but important for us, like a lot of things not very thoughtful.

The away kit this season annoys me most, the only reason we played some games in red & white is because our dark away kit clashed with other dark opponents kits.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@n i k o I've kept copies of (some of) those early promises, and they make very interesting reading. There was every justification for the initial enthusiasm about the change in ownership. 

Would be keen to have a squiz if those promises are easily accessible and can be copied onto the forum.

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

That's just because they copy everything from Manchester, Man City always uses lots of navy just look at their socks. Those things might seem tiny for them but important for us, like a lot of things not very thoughtful.

The away kit this season annoys me most, the only reason we played some games in red & white is because our dark away kit clashed with other dark opponents kits.

The away kit is also never to be seen by those that treasure it, it's a big 'up yours'

12 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Would be keen to have a squiz if those promises are easily accessible and can be copied onto the forum.

@JMSTEP123 For starters, here is the letter members received immediately after the takeover.

"Dear Members and Supporters,

It was announced yesterday that Manchester City Football Club, in partnership with the ownership group of the Melbourne Storm, had successfully acquired Melbourne Heart FC.

Today, on our first full day, the work has begun to help your Club to fulfill its immense potential both on and off the field, within Australia and beyond.

A lot has been written overnight about Manchester City’s entry into Australian football, the city of Melbourne, and the Hyundai A-League. It is our view that we are at the very beginning of a significant opportunity. There is a lot to be done and we are very excited to start that work today.

The first thing we intend to do is listen, learn and better understand every aspect of the Club. In the last 24 hours, we have met with members of the Club‘s management. We have also met with John van ‘t Schip, his coaches and the players. The Director of Football at Manchester City FC, Txiki Begiristain, and the Director of the City Football Academy, Brian Marwood, have already watched their first training session.

Naturally, this process will also include hearing from fans, members and partners that have supported this Club during its short history. We want to listen and learn first, and take well-supported decisions immediately thereafter.

The one thing we already know is that we will work hard to deliver very good football. Melbourne coaches and players will have access to City’s world-class global football resources, including scouting, coaching, human performance and performance analysis. It is also expected that players and coaches from Melbourne will spend time at the City Football Academy (CFA) - a world-class facility for football training and development that will open adjacent to the Etihad Stadium in Manchester in July 2014.

I understand that many of you will have questions about the future of the Club. We are committed to sharing information with you as soon as we can. However, as I stated yesterday, out of respect for the players and coaching staff in the middle of the Hyundai A-League season, we will not be making any more major announcements until the end of the current season.

In the meantime, we should all ensure that the team on the pitch enjoys all of our support for a strong and successful remainder of the season.

Yours sincerely,

Ferran Soriano
CEO, Manchester City Football Club
"

Then I will refer you to this article, which contains the statement, or promise: "This is not going to be a small Manchester City"
https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2014/01/23/4563559/manchester-citys-ferran-soriano-and-txiki-begiristain-reveal

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Subjective reality is the distortion of what is truth.

Absolute reality is truth.

So you are deluded by your own admission.

What is absolute reality? Smarter minds than yours and mine still debate this topic 

You can torment yourself until you die on these sorts of subjects. I remember when I was about 7 years old debating with my father whether, when you put something (for example a cup) into a cupboard and closed the door, whether it still existed or did it only exist when you went to look for it again?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzOranje said:

What is absolute reality? Smarter minds than yours and mine still debate this topic 

There is no debate because there is only one truth because truth is absolute.

The smarter minds you speak of are deluded because they define what is true in the mind. The mind justifies its own reality due to filtered relationships with fact that somehow gives birth to an idea which becomes an individual reality. Again this is illusionary.

The truth is absolute, immovable, irresistible, unchangeable.

What is true is one's mind is not the same as the absolute truth.

Hence, subjective reality is a distortion of the truth.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, n i k o said:

I think the biggest issue is not all the issues you pointed out, but that CFG act like we should be grateful for them for all the changes they have made. Reminds me of the below Betoota article.

In particular this following line:

“These people, these pro-Adani people, are savages,” he sighed down to phone to our reporter.

“If only they knew what we were trying to do for them,”

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/inner-city-leftie-on-stop-adani-convoy-criticises-cheese-selections-at-clermont-supermarket/

• Haha 1

On 07/05/2019 at 9:59 PM, Mr MO said:

It’s “almost like” they don’t see us as a real club either, but rather a plastic imitation of “the real one” on the opposite side of the world.

Its bit like building a plaster of paris Statue of David in Surfers Paradise and then wondering why it’s not boasting tourism like you thought it would.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2