Melbourne Football

City v Adelaide - Elimination Final 5th of May 2019

IssySG

I think Adelaide is the best option for us to win, they are exactly the same as us. They win one week, put in a shocker every now and again. Not good enough to go up the ladder but not poor enough to drop out

All their attacks go through Goodwin, so I'm playing DeLaet at RB to nullify him

My team I'd pick 

Galekovic 

DeLaet Delbridge Schenkeveld Jamieson 

Baccus Brattan

Harrison McGree Wales

Maclaren 

Delianov Atkinson Griffiths Metcalfe Najjarine 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, neio said:

I think Adelaide is the best option for us to win, they are exactly the same as us. They win one week, put in a shocker every now and again. Not good enough to go up the ladder but not poor enough to drop out

All their attacks go through Goodwin, so I'm playing DeLaet at RB to nullify him

My team I'd pick 

Galekovic 

Baccus Brattan

Harrison McGree Wales

Maclaren 

Exact same except Berenguer is def in the squad imo. I'd say he's a virtual lock to start on the left with Wales on the bench, Metcalfe or Ramy prob the unlucky one.

42 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

So if we beat Adel and The Nix beat MV does that change anything who we play next? We would play Syd, right?

Our path is Adel >Perth>Syd, unless Nux beat MV in which case it'd be Adel > Syd>Perth

5 hours ago, neio said:

My team I'd pick 

Galekovic 

Baccus Brattan

Harrison McGree Wales

Maclaren 

Agree, it's a winnable game, though apparently Diawara is back from injury which could work both ways. He could score a brace, or be off his game.

Probably the best team.

For those unaware i have copied and pasted this directly from the Melbourne City Travelling Fans Facebook page:

"MCTF is happy announce a bus to Adelaide. 
What’s even better is there is no charge. 
To be able to secure your spot your must:
1/. Be a current Melbourne City Member
2/. Over the age 18 (under 18’s to be with an Adult).
3/. Email MelbourneCityTravellingFans@gmail.com with your membership barcode number, full name, email & phone number.

**POST UPDATE**
All those who secure a bus ticket will also get a ticket to the game!!!!

Spots limited to 45 at this stage - First in first served. 
Busses will depart the morning of the game from Southern Cross Bus Terminal. They will depart no more than 90 mins post game from a location close to the ground (times to TBA). 
Information on tickets to the game will also be posted later on today. Email conformation to be sent after 8pm tonight."

Everyone who has the opportunity to take part in this, absolutely should. Help continue to build the culture of this club from the stands. Free travel and free ticket entry, the club are doing all they can, so we need to do all we can by filling out this bus (maybe even get enough people to do a 2nd bus)

Up the City Boys.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, IssySG said:

For those unaware i have copied and pasted this directly from the Melbourne City Travelling Fans Facebook page:

"MCTF is happy announce a bus to Adelaide. 
What’s even better is there is no charge. 
To be able to secure your spot your must:
1/. Be a current Melbourne City Member
2/. Over the age 18 (under 18’s to be with an Adult).
3/. Email MelbourneCityTravellingFans@gmail.com with your membership barcode number, full name, email & phone number.

**POST UPDATE**
All those who secure a bus ticket will also get a ticket to the game!!!!

Spots limited to 45 at this stage - First in first served. 
Busses will depart the morning of the game from Southern Cross Bus Terminal. They will depart no more than 90 mins post game from a location close to the ground (times to TBA). 
Information on tickets to the game will also be posted later on today. Email conformation to be sent after 8pm tonight."

Everyone who has the opportunity to take part in this, absolutely should. Help continue to build the culture of this club from the stands. Free travel and free ticket entry, the club are doing all they can, so we need to do all we can by filling out this bus (maybe even get enough people to do a 2nd bus)

Up the City Boys.

That's awesome. Thanks for that. I'm going!

Galekovic

De Laet/Bart/Delbridge/Jamieson

McGree/Baccus/Brattan

Harrison/Maclaren/Berenguer

I think the team picks itself. Wales unlucky but will replace Berenguer after 60. Metcalfe deserves a few minutes, as does Najjarine. 

As long as we play with speed and nullify Goodwin I think we can do it. The crowd will be a sell-out even with the awful time slot. 

• Like 1

Looks like there will now be another bus departing at a different time from a different location, this may work better for different people with differing circumstances. Regardless, if you can make it out to either one, do so.

"Hi All,

There is a second bus departing for Adelaide however, this one will depart from North Melbourne Station at midnight of Saturday the 4th.

It will also depart Sunday Night post game the same time as the other one.

If you are 100% committed please email -
melbcityterrace@gmail.com or message me privately with...
1) Full Name
2) Email Address
3) Phone Number"

14 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

We should be contacting the club to arrange one more bus.

I’m actually surprised that the none of these buses are actually organised or initiated by the club. Opportunity missed to gain supporters faith back perhaps?

Well done to the travelling fans and terrace to get these buses on the road so quick. 

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

I’m actually surprised that the none of these buses are actually organised or initiated by the club. Opportunity missed to gain supporters faith back perhaps?

Well done to the travelling fans and terrace to get these buses on the road so quick. 

The club is paying the cost of the busses and giving everyone on the bus a free ticket to the games. MCTF and City Terrace are just organising them, not fronting the costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IssySG said:

The club is paying the cost of the busses and giving everyone on the bus a free ticket to the games. MCTF and City Terrace are just organising them, not fronting the costs.

Excellent, I wasn’t aware - great stuff!!

What, the club is paying for busses and match tickets? So it’s free to go minus your own time and expenses?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Excellent, I wasn’t aware - great stuff!!

What, the club is paying for busses and match tickets? So it’s free to go minus your own time and expenses?

Yep exactly. Originally it was just free travel - which was generous enough in and of itself - but later it was announced game tickets* would also be provided free of charge.

*I should note, only the people who are going on the busses are receiving free game tickets as far as I'm aware

Edited by IssySG

6 minutes ago, haz said:

Article from Bosnich last night saying he thinks we'll win the GF.... Must be on the coke again

I liked our chances against Victory and I think we have a very good chance against Adelaide too.

The issue is the next match. Sydney or Perth away is about as tough as it gets and our away form is pretty poor. 

We can pick off Adelaide but I don’t think we have the quality or consistency to then beat Sydney or Perth. And then of course whoever is left for the GF. 

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

I liked our chances against Victory and I think we have a very good chance against Adelaide too.

The issue is the next match. Sydney or Perth away is about as tough as it gets and our away form is pretty poor. 

We can pick off Adelaide but I don’t think we have the quality or consistency to then beat Sydney or Perth. And then of course whoever is left for the GF. 

I'd give us a decent chance against Sydney tbh, although i def wouldnt tip us. Perth away seems near impossible to me, but football is a funny game.

1 hour ago, IssySG said:

Yep exactly. Originally it was just free travel - which was generous enough in and of itself - but later it was announced game tickets* would also be provided free of charge.

*I should note, only the people who are going on the busses are receiving free game tickets as far as I'm aware

After all the shit we put on this club, for a change, it's nice to see they have gone above and beyond to help their fans attend this away elimination final.

• Like 2