Melbourne Football

R27: City v CCM, Friday 26 April, 7.50pm, AAMI Park

Harrison

The final match of the Regular Season. A huge win could lift us to 5th, a draw or a loss keeps us in 6th.

A 6th place finish means we’d face Victory at AAMI, a 5th place finish means we’d travel to Adelaide or Wellington depending on other results.

Expect De Laet and Delbridge to be rested due to accumulated yellow cards. One more to either and they’d be suspended for the Elimination Final. The card count resets at the end of the Regular Season though.

Jamieson and Schenkeveld are possible inclusions for those two. Jamieson is more likely. Griffiths is doubtful so Baccus would replace him in the XI. 

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

National Disciplinary Regulations.image.thumb.png.8bed4ecf8d738ae4e74cef20319f22e6.png

We should go for the big win. Nothing to lose and IMO we've got a better chance of beating Adelaide or Wellington away than we have Victory away. 

Do we though? 

We haven’t lost to Victory this season. Two defeats over in Wellington. Adelaide are beatable at home but they’ve been in decent form. 

I’d prefer Victory. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

Do we though? 

We haven’t lost to Victory this season. Two defeats over in Wellington. Adelaide are beatable at home but they’ve been in decent form. 

I’d prefer Victory. 

I rate Victory in Finals as a completely different proposition to Victory in regular league matches. Not to go for the win and by the biggest margin possible is, to me, going against what loyalty remains of the club to its supporters - equivalent to throwing the match.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I rate Victory in Finals as a completely different proposition to Victory in regular league matches. Not to go for the win and by the biggest margin possible is, to me, going against what loyalty remains of the club to its supporters - equivalent to throwing the match.

I don’t think anyone is expecting us to throw the match. 

We probably will rest some players though. IMO that’s a smart thing to do. 

• Like 1

With all this negativity for the last 6 months enough is enough.

I am negative towards this negativity which results in: a negative multiplied by a negative equals a positive.

So therefore I am positive for this game.

Furthermore, if E= mc squared where m = mcfc then because the club has negative mass then we see E= -mc squared which results in a negative energy. I am sick of this.

So because I am negative to the negativity then E= -(-mc squared) therefore I have created a positive energy.

I am positive.

0-5 win

We will not lose another match and take home the toilet seat.

Fire up!

Come on City!

Edited by playmaker

17 minutes ago, playmaker said:

With all this negatively for the last 6 months enough is enough.

I am negative towards this negatively which results in: a negative multiplied by a negative equals a positive.

Furthermore, if E= mc squared where m = mcfc then because the club has negative mass then we see E= -mc squared which results in a negative energy. I am sick of this.

So because I am negative to the negatively then E= -(-mc squared) therefore I have created a positive energy.

I am positive.

0-5 win

Fire up!

Come on City!

Oh my god,, what on earth are you smoking we could'nt win a raffle if we held all the tickets .

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

I am negative towards this negatively which results in: a negative multiplied by a negative equals a positive.

So because I am negative to the negatively then E= -(-mc squared) therefore I have created a positive energy.

I am positive.

0-5 win

Fire up!

Come on City!

This is farkin mad talk. Gibberish. It's what supporting this shit little club does to people. We're in danger of disappearing up our own singularity. That black hole they found the other day was actually in Bundoora.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

I am positive.

0-5 win

Fire up!

Come on City!

The consequences of such an equation means we are both in a state of having won and lost the match until it has been measured. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

The consequences of such an equation means we are both in a state of having won and lost the match until it has been measured. 

Very, very good.

But let's not waste all this stuff - save it until the season is really over. We're going to need it when the off-season is on us...

17 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Regardless, it will equate to a positive because we must manifest our own reality by being negative towards the negativity.

Therefore it can approach zero but never become negative.

:D

17 hours ago, HEARTinator said:

This is farkin mad talk. Gibberish. It's what supporting this shit little club does to people. We're in danger of disappearing up our own singularity. That black hole they found the other day was actually in Bundoora.

Approach this negativity with negativity and you will create a positive reality.

Edited by playmaker

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Very, very good.

But let's not waste all this stuff - save it until the season is really over. We're going to need it when the off-season is on us...

I am ready for the off season. The slow burn of the forum. Old faces making an appearance (*tag a mate*). Transfer speculation. Transfer news confirmed. Transfer news not yet confirmed as the player decided on Victory. More months of misery. A pre season game in the big freeze. Lots of talk about how last season we looked good but this years squad is actually the best and we have a good shot at the title. 

4 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Regardless, it will equate to a positive because we must manifest our own reality by being negative towards the negativity.

Therefore it can approach zero but never become negative.

:D

There is a joke in here somewhere about the singularity and event horizon of a black hole. Just cannot string it together!

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

3k crowd 

I estimate that the latent support for City is in the region of 13,000 - 15,000, based on various attendances.  The crowds will return if and when the club reconnects with them, has some talent on view, and plays some entertaining football.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't know about breaching the cap, but we ought to be prosecuted for fraud.

Fraud for deceiving it's own fans and general public, by pretending to be real football club with heart and passion? 

Fraud, salary cap breach - what did I miss?

16 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

There is a joke in here somewhere about the singularity and event horizon of a black hole. Just cannot string it together!

Yes I agree, and your point is confirmed by using the ancient Hebrew gematria code.

'Melbourne City' gematria value is 944 which references the words 'Planet X delusion'

'Central coast Mariners' gematria value is 828 which references the words 'The System'

'City Football Group' gematria value is 1158, which references the words 'Destruction of Laughter'

'Joyce' gematria value is 1058, which references the words 'Child of the great Transformers'

So therefore, this match may confirm that your black hole theory holds some weight with the logical construction of the code.

Therefore the game between CCM and CFG's MC is the prophetic match which exposes A Black Hole negative energy vortex indeed.

As follows:

THE SYSTEM THAT HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED BY THE CHILD OF THE GREAT TRANSFORMERS HAS RESULTED IN THE DESTRUCTION OF LAUGHTER THROUGH THE PLANET X DELUSION

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Yes I agree, and your point is confirmed by using the ancient Hebrew gematria code.

'Melbourne City' gematria value is 944 which references the words 'Planet X delusion'

'Central coast Mariners' gematria value is 828 which references the words 'The System'

'City Football Group' gematria value is 1158, which references the words 'Destruction of Laughter'

'Joyce' gematria value is 1058, which references the words 'Child of the great Transformers'

So therefore, this match may confirm that your black hole theory holds some weight with the logical construction of the code.

Therefore the game between CCM and CFG's MC is the prophetic match which exposes A Black Hole negative energy vortex indeed.

As follows:

THE SYSTEM THAT HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED BY THE CHILD OF THE GREAT TRANSFORMERS HAS RESULTED IN THE DESTRUCTION OF LAUGHTER THROUGH THE PLANET X DELUSION

Oh boy, can we please go back to discussing how shit Warren Joyce is....................

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

As follows:

Mate you lost me ancient Hebrew.

You might need a lie down and rest from the forum.

4 hours ago, playmaker said:

As follows:

Prophetic and visionary. 10/10 

3 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Oh boy, can we please go back to discussing how shit Warren Joyce is....................

No need to when we now have irrefutable emipirical evidence. Discussion over. WJ = shit - written into the fabric of the cosmos.

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Mate you lost me ancient Hebrew.

You might need a lie down and rest from the forum.

Think we all need a rest. Some off season slow burn banter and months of forgetting how shit we were shall fix us up for a new season ahead.

• Haha 1

Anyone else get the email from the club with this email? The pessimist in me wants to say, that this gesture is coming a little too late after this years shit show, but then the other part of me thinks 'lighten up and say thank-you'.

COYCB

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 6.25.35 pm.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IssySG said:

Anyone else get the email from the club with this email? The pessimist in me wants to say, that this gesture is coming a little too late after this years shit show, but then the other part of me thinks 'lighten up and say thank-you'.

COYCB

Been at every game though did not get the invite. Sad feels.

2 hours ago, IssySG said:

COYCB

Yes, I did. Also invited to walk out with the team. Unfortunately, with MrsJW coming along this week - she's missed the last couple due to illness - I can't take up either offer. It's a nice gesture from the club.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Have they done this in previous years?

It's a great idea.

To my knowledge there's not been anything like this before. There's been limited recognition of Foundation Members before - IIRC we received a special scarf at one stage.

Even though I can't take advantage of it, yes, it's a great idea, and I think the club should keep it going into the future. It could seem unfair to those who can't attend matches because of work and so on, but those of us who are able to go and do go are a special group, as are Foundation Members. And there are other "special groups" as well that deserve recognition.

IMO this is what "engagement" is all about.  The corporatisation has gone way too far. Take us back to the special things that brought us to Heart in the first place and back will come the fans.

1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 3.Scott JAMIESON, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 8.Riley McGREE, 9.Shayon HARRISON, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 29.Jamie MACLAREN, 34.Connor METCALFE, 51.Idrus ABDULAHI

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 3.Scott JAMIESON (returns from injury), 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD (returns from injury), 10.Dario VIDOSIC (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (promoted), 51.Idrus ABDULAHI (promoted)

Outs: 2.Ritchie DE LAET (omitted), 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE (omitted), 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS (hamstring)

Unavailable: 30.Moudi NAJJAR (ankle)

Edited by Harrison

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 3.Scott JAMIESON, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 8.Riley McGREE, 9.Shayon HARRISON, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 29.Jamie MACLAREN, 34.Connor METCALFE, 51.Idrus ABDULAHI

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 3.Scott JAMIESON (returns from injury), 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD (returns from injury), 10.Dario VIDOSIC (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (promoted), 51.Idrus ABDULAHI (promoted)

Outs: 2.Ritchie DE LAET (omitted), 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE (omitted), 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS (hamstring)

Unavailable: 30.Moudi NAJJAR (ankle)

Hope to see Idrus get a run.

If Bart isn't 100%, don't play him!

Most likely a 4-3-3...

Galekovic

Atkinson/Bart/Good/Jamieson

McGree/Baccus/Brattan

Harrison/Maclaren/Berenguer

Vidosic to come on for Berenguer after 70. It’d be useful to have Vidosic with a bit of match fitness coming into the finals. 

Edited by Harrison

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Most likely a 4-3-3...

Galekovic

De Laet/Bart/Good/Jamieson

McGree/Baccus/Brattan

Harrison/Maclaren/Berenguer

Foolish to expect anything else.

Possibly Atkinson to remain at RB and De Laet to remain at CB instead of Good but we need Ritchie’s drive up the wing.

Vidosic to come on for Berenguer after 70. It’d be useful to have Vidosic with a bit of match fitness coming into the finals. 

Isn't De Laet dropped?

• Thanks 1