Melbourne Football

R24: City v Brisbane, Friday 5 April, 7.50pm, AAMI Park

Harrison

16 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Can we turn it around and build momentum for the finals?

Jamieson out, Maclaren doubtful. 

We are by no means safe to even finish 6th. It's a tall order for Newcastle to make up seven points, but we're in such a slump that they could just do it. We really need to win all three remaining home matches, and beat Wellington as well, and then we could get fourth. At least that would mean a home final.

I don't believe that we can win an away final. We really have such an ordinary squad now. No-one who can impose himself on a match.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We are by no means safe to even finish 6th. It's a tall order for Newcastle to make up seven points, but we're in such a slump that they could just do it. We really need to win all three remaining home matches, and beat Wellington as well, and then we could get fourth. At least that would mean a home final.

I don't believe that we can win an away final. We really have such an ordinary squad now. No-one who can impose himself on a match.

And therein lies the rub ! as well as our jack shit coach.

should be this: anything else, shits f***ed

gal

bart   good   delbo

RDL              Baccus               whoever (i honestly dont know)

Brattan     Mcgree

Jmc                                    Harrison

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ritchie DE LAET, 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Riley McGREE, 9.Shayon HARRISON, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 19.Lachlan WALES, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 29.Jamie MACLAREN, 34.Connor METCALFE

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 10.Dario Vidosic (promoted), 29.Jamie Maclaren (returns from concussion), 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON (promoted)

Outs: 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA (hamstring)

Unavailable: 3.Scott Jamieson (toe), 30.Moudi NAJJAR (ankle)

Edited by Harrison

La Rocca out means that we will probably move to a back 4. 

Will he introduce any of Wales, Metcalfe, McGree into the XI? 

Some change in the midfield and forward line is desperately needed. I’d really like to see a 4-3-3 with Metcalfe in the middle, Wales and Harrison out wide and Maclaren up front. 

Won’t happen though. Far too attacking. 

40 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Some change in the midfield and forward line is desperately needed. I’d really like to see a 4-3-3 with Metcalfe in the middle, Wales and Harrison out wide and Maclaren up front. 

I'm with you. Nowt to lose. Give it some hammer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrison said:

I would really like to see more of Metcalfe, i think he has some real potential to spark our midfield up. If Brattan can lead the show i think McGree and Metcalfe could work really well with him. I have said it before and have seen him in in the Youth, including a grand final, and he is a real talent. He is ready to play. throw him in wazza!!

• Like 1

Gal

de laet  Schenk  Delbo Good

Bratts  Baccus Wales

Harrison Mclaren Mcgree 

This team would be sound defensively and have the ability to score. 

Whatever team the Fool puts out there tonight, I’ll be there supporting the boys. Go City!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OzOranje said:

Gal

de laet  Schenk  Delbo Good

Bratts  Baccus Wales

Harrison Mclaren Mcgree 

This team would be sound defensively and have the ability to score. 

Whatever team the Fool puts out there tonight, I’ll be there supporting the boys. Go City!

Swap Wales and McGree and we’ve got a deal. 

6 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Swap Wales and McGree and we’ve got a deal. 

Metcalfe is pushing for one of those midfield slots. If that happens I'd guess Brattan plays at 6, Metcalfe at 8 and McGree at 10 (or some variation of those three). Tough to drop Baccus as he started well against WSW, but dropped off. 

33 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Metcalfe is pushing for one of those midfield slots. If that happens I'd guess Brattan plays at 6, Metcalfe at 8 and McGree at 10 (or some variation of those three). Tough to drop Baccus as he started well against WSW, but dropped off. 

Unfortunately I can’t see Joyce starting Metcalfe. I’d like to see it but it’d be unusual. 

Much more likely to see the more experienced blokes start and Metcalfe be given 20-30 minutes. 

I think we need to try something different but Joyce is pretty consistent in his selections. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Unfortunately I can’t see Joyce starting Metcalfe. I’d like to see it but it’d be unusual. 

Much more likely to see the more experienced blokes start and Metcalfe be given 20-30 minutes. 

I think we need to try something different but Joyce is pretty consistent in his selections. 

Yes, I think you're right. Like you, I think we need to try something different, and give a home crowd something to get behind. But I fear we won't. And like you, I think Metcalfe will come off the bench. 

What typical City result will we see tonight?

The multiple goals ahead leading to capitulation and a draw? 

A lackluster performance with a 2-0 loss?

or will it be the ultimate classic city result of smashing Bris but then loosing next week?

Edited by Dylan

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

What typical City result will we see tonight?

The multiple goals ahead leading to capitulation and a draw? 

A lackluster performance with a 2-0 loss?

or will it be the ultimate classic city result of smashing Bris but then loosing next week?

No Bambi so Option C won't happen.

Me thinks that we'll win a boring 1-0 game where we have a single shot on target. Goal comes from a Jmac penalty though. We've Drawn, Drawn, Loss so a win is needed for that 33% City consistency 

Edited by haz

I can't believe people still want Wales anywhere near the ball tbh.

He has to be the worst player on our list with Mcgree being not too far behind him

I would start Metcalfe and Najjarine if Wazza wants to give younger players a go, or Dario and Florin if he wants level-headed experienced players on the pitch.

2 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Yes, I think you're right. Like you, I think we need to try something different, and give a home crowd something to get behind. But I fear we won't. And like you, I think Metcalfe will come off the bench. 

And no Metcalfe. 

After all of that. 

Our most exciting prospect and he’s not even on the bench.