Harrison

Positives:

It's over

I used to get angry after games like this, now I just don't care

I used to sleep poorly after a loss like this, now I sleep well

Negatives:

95 minutes of my life I'll never get back

Started a must-win game with 8 defenders

2 weeks off and all we have to show for it is yet another key player injured in training

1 shot on target in 95 minutes

A lacklustre effort with no discernable game plan, little defensive shape, no ball speed, poor movement off the ball

No cultural change

I'm not expecting any coaching change, CFG just doesn't care enough.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

Positives:

It's over

I used to get angry after games like this, now I just don't care

I used to sleep poorly after a loss like this, now I sleep well

Negatives:

95 minutes of my life I'll never get back

Started a must-win game with 8 defenders

2 weeks off and all we have to show for it is yet another key player injured in training

1 shot on target in 95 minutes

A lacklustre effort with no discernable game plan, little defensive shape, no ball speed, poor movement off the ball

No cultural change

I'm not expecting any coaching change, CFG just doesn't care enough.

Where is the dementor pic?

Waiting!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, moops said:

Why Metcalf hasn't played more is a mistery, I think he looks great.

This kid is absolutely quality. Great touch, and making good runs into box. Seems to want to link up play from Backs to our final third. More minutes is essential for this kid. I think he should get a start before the end of the season. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

the_dementor_kiss_by_ottowl-d8dxpsn.jpg

9 minutes ago, moops said:

giphy.gif

Get too near a dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself...soul-less. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life."

Describes Wazza to a tee.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, citymad said:

This kid is absolutely quality. Great touch, and making good runs into box. Seems to want to link up play from Backs to our final third. More minutes is essential for this kid. I think he should get a start before the end of the season. 

How many talented City youngsters are languishing whilst we keep starting Harrison?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

How many talented City youngsters are languishing whilst we keep starting Harrison?

Quite a few and most of them want out of the Club thanks to the coach and his peanut gallery crew. Pierias has gone, and that one was ready to start games 12 months ago. It will be one that’ll haunt us. This flog has changed the Club culture alright, he’s made it as toxic as fuck. From the senior side right through the women and youth. No-one through the club knows what the hell is going on. Lies and deception are the order of the day. Looooong way back with some too far gone to haul back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We have now lost to all of the bottom four teams.

Total shambles.

Even though IMO he will be kept until the end of the season I cannot see any justification for keeping Joyce in the job a moment longer.

WSW has scored 6 goals in 2 games against a team packed with defenders each time

What a boring, shitful game. 

As expected, he goes with a 5-3-2 again, strangely using Berenguer as a striker. It worked well against an under-done Sydney but it was foolish to think it could work again. It’s far too defensive and the link-up play was largely absent all game. 

That midfield isn’t creative enough and lacks any sort of drive. Metcalfe should’ve been given more minutes when we were chasing the game. He looks sharp and gives us something we don’t have in the middle.

Just another underwhelming performance from a boring team filled with identical players, led by a fraud of a coach. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, citypool said:

Knew straight away we were done when our team was announced seriously we must have the worst marquees in the league the past few years

Interesting comment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_A-League#Foreign_players

Most teams only have 1 marquee while 3 teams (City, MV and SFC) have 2 marquees. We have de Laet and Bruno - since round 5 we have effectively operated with 1 marquee. Wellington have no marquees (but they sit above us). I'd say what we have got wrong is the Visa spots, Harrison and Berenguer aren't worth it while de Laet and Bart are classy, and Wazza's (mis-)management of the team and presiding over the exits of O'Halloran and Bruno. As bela says above, why have we prioritised giving a 21 year old from England experience in a senior league when we could be helping to develop any number of locally talented players?

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, HEARTinator said:

Bozza getting stuck into Wazza saying no progress in 2 years under our short-pants-hero.

Loved hearing Bozza's comments last night.

But best part was the post match interview on the pitch with Joyce, he seemed anxious, blamed the players then stormed off when asked about his link with Man U.

What a loser. Very unprofessional.

This may be a bit of hopeful delusion here. But I have noticed that there seems to be a noticeable shift to not only how City is covered but also the general supporter sentiment toward the club around the place. Perhaps this will be one good thing to come from Joyce. He does actually lead to a cultural change. Not because he created the change himself but rather he will end up being the catalyst for it after he pisses off.   

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Dylan said:

This may be a bit of hopeful delusion here. But I have noticed that there seems to be a noticeable shift to not only how City is covered and also the general supporter sentiment around the place. Perhaps this will be one good thing to come from Joyce. He does actually lead to a cultural change. Not because he created the change himself but rather he will end up being the catalyst for it after he pisses off.   

An unintended yet pleasant consequence.

Failure appointment. Too many signs ignored. Blame at players too BUT they are set up to fail. 

When Joyce was elected the question was: would you rather win ugly or play entertaining football. I actually think we would rather the latter because that mentality seems to bring out the best in players. No one seems inspired to win ugly. How many defenders did we play and we had 3 put past us? This is shite football that does not work in this context.

Bring back the entertaining football. I dont mind if we lose games - at least we can say we gave it a crack. The buzz has left the game.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

An unintended yet pleasant consequence.

Failure appointment. Too many signs ignored. Blame at players too BUT they are set up to fail. 

When Joyce was elected the question was: would you rather win ugly or play entertaining football. I actually think we would rather the latter because that mentality seems to bring out the best in players. No one seems inspired to win ugly. How many defenders did we play and we had 3 put past us? This is shite football that does not work in this context.

Bring back the entertaining football. I dont mind if we lose games - at least we can say we gave it a crack. The buzz has left the game.

When Joyce was assigned as manager we all assumed he would bring a high level of competence however over the last two season he has managed to destroy the culture and has left the club in the worst condition in the club's history.

Great achievement tbh as not many people are capable of this grandeur.

People say he is a nice guy though right!

Geez.

Edited by playmaker

51 minutes ago, playmaker said:

When Joyce was assigned as manager we all assumed he would bring a high level of competence however over the last two season he has managed to destroy the culture and has left the club in the worst condition in the club's history.

Great achievement tbh as not many people are capable of this grandeur.

People say he is a nice guy though right!

Geez.

I dont doubt his intentions ONLY his capability.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, citymad said:

glad to hear thus, i turned of at 78 min. rest of season he should be our dm, rid of rostyn and baccus

3 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

Tony 999 you are three months behind me ,which is why i cancelled my season ticket. TOTAL boring football .

Johnno, Tony999 just has a higher pain threshold than you do.

5 hours ago, playmaker said:

He cost us a goal with his fancy bullshit, no better than Franjic. Waste of a Marquee.

1 hour ago, HughJass said:

True but at same time had our best chance when hit the post

Unfortunately, hitting the post does not cancel out conceding a goal.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Johnno, Tony999 just has a higher pain threshold than you do.

Unfortunately, hitting the post does not cancel out conceding a goal.

Maybe they should use the same rules that I used to use when I tried to play golf. I was so bad at it that if the ball landed anywhere on the green then I counted it as in the hole. That reduced my score to only double par.

• Haha 2

I'm sure it's obvious enough to everybody, but what this game proved beyond doubt is that nothing has changed fundamentally. We are still woefully inconsistent, we still contrive to lose matches we should win (and collapse to draws when we should win), we still get played by opposition histrionics (the penalty was won by the rolling around and face holding from a previous foul) and we are still undone by the long ball played through from defence to a pacy forward. All of these things would have been true, and we're utterly frustrating, two or three years ago. Nothing has changed except that now the football is turgid, and both players and fans are mutinous. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fensaddler said:

I'm sure it's obvious enough to everybody, but what this game proved beyond doubt is that nothing has changed fundamentally. We are still woefully inconsistent, we still contrive to lose matches we should win (and collapse to draws when we should win), we still get played by opposition histrionics (the penalty was won by the rolling around and face holding from a previous foul) and we are still undone by the long ball played through from defence to a pacy forward. All of these things would have been true, and we're utterly frustrating, two or three years ago. Nothing has changed except that now the football is turgid, and both players and fans are mutinous. 

How are we inconsistent? We’ve played the same sort of defensive football style for 2 years with the same outcome. Scraping out wins with luck and deservely losing others. Same as last season so that is actually consistent!

Is consistently being inconsistent actually still inconsistent? Haha

I hate to break it to some but the games we did manage to win this season were merely fortunate (as mentioned by others on this forum).  We won games we didn’t always deserve to win and that luck has run out now, exposing our true football.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

By having nearly all defenders line-up and still conceding three goals, possibly conclusion may be that we actually have a very weak defence. That's another not implemented 'cultural change '. In the same time we have Bart as the last line commander, who is arguably individually the best A-league defender. So much puzzles around our boring pitch display.