Melbourne Football

Rd. 22 vs. Sydney, Sun 17th March, Away (Leichhardt Oval) 7.00 p.m.

jw1739

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

McGree, Wales and Atkinson to miss this one. Selected for 2020 U-23 Championship qualifiers in Malaysia. Will be joined in the squad by Denis Genreau.

Winning by 3 goals before losing. Lock it in

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

McGree, Wales and Atkinson to miss this one. Selected for 2020 U-23 Championship qualifiers in Malaysia. Will be joined in the squad by Denis Genreau.

We'll be even lighter than usual for attacking midfield options. De Laet will hopefully be back in RB, though Atkinson can feel pleased with his performance and deserves his call up. I'd love to have Genreau back in our squad TBH. A player I rate, from what I've seen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

We'll be even lighter than usual for attacking midfield options. De Laet will hopefully be back in RB, though Atkinson can feel pleased with his performance and deserves his call up. I'd love to have Genreau back in our squad TBH. A player I rate, from what I've seen. 

Genreau? No chance. Too attacking. Can play football but not a foul machine and can’t run 10 1km repeats in the required time.

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Heart/City longest streaks without a win:

2010/11:   7
2011/12:   8
2012/13:   5
2013/14: 14
2014/15:   4
2015/16:   3
2015/16:   5
2017/18:   4
2018/19:   6

We need a win lads.

Joyce trying to break records 💪

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Even Joyce will have a struggle on his hands if he tries to beat Bambi's record

He won't be here long enough - well, I hope not anyway. But the metrics show that there's a reason for the negativity surrounding the club at the moment. 

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/team-news-citys-round-22-squad-0

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI, 2.Ritchie DE LAET, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 9.Shayon HARRISON, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Florin BERENGUER-BOHRER, 29.Jamie MACLAREN, 34.Connor METCALFE, 36.Dylan PIERIAS

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 2.Ritchie DE LAET (returns from suspension), 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE (returns from injury), 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD (returns from suspension), 10.Dario VIDOSIC (promoted), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (promoted)

Outs: 8.Riley MCGREE (international duty), 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON (international duty), 19.Lachlan WALES (international duty)

Unavailable: 30.Moudi NAJJAR (ankle)

Birra
RDL Bort Good Jamo
        Griff  Baccus
             Bratts
Florin JMac  Harrison

Euge, Delbo, Ramy, La Rocca, Vidosic

Think Birra finally gets his shot this week

16 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Birra
RDL Bort Good Jamo
        Griff  Baccus
             Bratts
Florin JMac  Harrison

Euge, Delbo, Ramy, La Rocca, Vidosic

Think Birra finally gets his shot this week

Galekovic

RDL Bort Delbridge Jamo 

Baccus, good

Bratts  (Mids agree)

Vidosic Jmac Harrison 

Ramy Metcalfe, Griff Florin Birra. 

I would have vidosic start and replace him with Ramy or Florin at half time. Metcalfe in at half time for Bratts (who will be completely marked out of the game as our most creative player) Griff in at 6 for good at 70th. 

Joyce has a tendency to wait till its too late to put fresh legs in. I think its time for subs at half time. Ramy and Metcalfe well and truly up to it IMO and should be given more minutes to ready us for finals depth. Pity Pieras has gone to Western United. I think he will lose his spot on the Bench to Ramy as a result.  

Birighitti

De Laet/Schenkeveld/Good/Jamieson

Brattan/Griffiths/Baccus

Berenguer

Maclaren/Harrison

I'd like to see a 4-3-1-2, which would give us plenty of control in the middle but would require De Laet and Jamieson to provide width by making plenty of attacking runs.

But Joyce will go with a 4-4-2 and play Brattan and Berenguer wide. He'll probably go with Galekovic too.

On 14/03/2019 at 1:57 PM, citymad said:

Galekovic

RDL Bort Delbridge Jamo 

Baccus, good

Bratts  (Mids agree)

Vidosic Jmac Harrison 

Ramy Metcalfe, Griff Florin Birra. 

I would have vidosic start and replace him with Ramy or Florin at half time. Metcalfe in at half time for Bratts (who will be completely marked out of the game as our most creative player) Griff in at 6 for good at 70th. 

Joyce has a tendency to wait till its too late to put fresh legs in. I think its time for subs at half time. Ramy and Metcalfe well and truly up to it IMO and should be given more minutes to ready us for finals depth. Pity Pieras has gone to Western United. I think he will lose his spot on the Bench to Ramy as a result.  

This from an article on DFS on 15 March:

Beyond the defence, Joyce has also flagged the possibility of even younger blood being infused into his side in the absence of his Olyroos trio, namedropping teenagers Gianluca Iannucci and Yaya Dukuly as possible additions to his squad.

Both wide players, Iannucci, 17, was a part of City’s pre-season tour of India while Dukuly, 15, made his debut for City’s senior NPL side as 14-year-old after being recruited from South Australia.

Though not making any commitments – citing Friday as a major training day for his group – Joyce said that there was a good chance that one of the two would at least feature on the bench for his group on Sunday.

The above followed an article on same web site on 14 March:

A-League expansion side Western United has continued to bolster their squad ahead of their first competitive season, raiding the academy of local rivals Melbourne City for one of their brightest prospects.

A source close to the expansion side has confirmed to dailyfootballshow.com that City teenager Dylan Pierias is set to join the club for their first year in the A-League. 

I think Joyce has made his decision about excluding Pieras as soon as the article of the 14th came out. Why CFG didnt lock Pieras down sooner boggles my mind. Joyce will put these two kids on the bench to reignite the "youth get a go at city " mantra while trying as best they can to have everyone forget about Pierias and the fact that he got no game time under Joyce at all. 

37 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

We have Bart the best defender in the league. We have the CB best pairing with Delbridge.  We have the best FB RDL. We have captain Jamo. We have excellent goalkeeper. We have three DM in front of them. We have JM who scores in every match. How possibly we can lose this game!?? 

Wazza.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

We have Bart the best defender in the league. We have the CB best pairing with Delbridge.  We have the best FB RDL. We have captain Jamo. We have excellent goalkeeper. We have three DM in front of them. We have JM who scores in every match. How possibly we can lose this game!?? 

That's exactly why we lose every game, actually more accurately we don't win. 

9 times out of 10, we have 7 or 8 players behind the ball.

I have just lost all active interest in this team at the moment. Honestly didn't even know a game was on this afternoon.

If I decide to study or maybe F1 overlaps, I probably won't even turn on the TV.

Cheers CFG. Cheers Waz

19 hours ago, citymad said:

A-League expansion side Western United has continued to bolster their squad ahead of their first competitive season, raiding the academy of local rivals Melbourne City for one of their brightest prospects.

A source close to the expansion side has confirmed to dailyfootballshow.com that City teenager Dylan Pierias is set to join the club for their first year in the A-League. 

I think Joyce has made his decision about excluding Pieras as soon as the article of the 14th came out. Why CFG didnt lock Pieras down sooner boggles my mind. Joyce will put these two kids on the bench to reignite the "youth get a go at city " mantra while trying as best they can to have everyone forget about Pierias and the fact that he got no game time under Joyce at all. 

Well that's shit, this western united are building a pretty good first 11, a bit of a worry.

20 hours ago, citymad said:

This from an article on DFS on 15 March:

Beyond the defence, Joyce has also flagged the possibility of even younger blood being infused into his side in the absence of his Olyroos trio, namedropping teenagers Gianluca Iannucci and Yaya Dukuly as possible additions to his squad.

Both wide players, Iannucci, 17, was a part of City’s pre-season tour of India while Dukuly, 15, made his debut for City’s senior NPL side as 14-year-old after being recruited from South Australia.

Though not making any commitments – citing Friday as a major training day for his group – Joyce said that there was a good chance that one of the two would at least feature on the bench for his group on Sunday.

Whilst Harrison gets an automatic start every game