Melbourne Football

Rd. 22 vs. Sydney, Sun 17th March, Away (Leichhardt Oval) 7.00 p.m.

jw1739

41 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a condition in the loan agreement , why else would Spurs sent him all the way here.

I'm sure that it is, but why would we hamstring local player development that way? We haven't seen Najjarine or Najjar since Harrison arrived

Cmon people, reading through this sounds like Pierias is the greatest player of all time and we're about to lose a future balloon d'or.

He's played what, one game and a couple of sub appearances in over two years?

I get his young and will probably be a good player, but he's not as good as Harrison at the moment.

And with a new team coming in, of course some of these younger players will be looking at somewhere where they can get more opportunities.

If he is that good, then it's up to keep him.

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

I'm sure that it is, but why would we hamstring local player development that way? We haven't seen Najjarine or Najjar since Harrison arrived

Because we don’t seem to have any idea what we are doing or what direction to go. Harrison was a last minute signing and now we have to play him. That being said there was plenty of other opportunities to get these young guys on the bench and to give them minutes but Joyce didn’t. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, neio said:

Well the bench today is interesting 

No Birighitti and who the hell is Dukuly? 

Suggest people look at the club twitter. Birighitti mised the trip to Sydney because of illness, and hence Delianov is on the bench. Yaya Dukuly is a 16-y-o from our youth set-up. Najjarine and Metcalfe come on to the bench because we have 3 players away with the Olyroos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Afif Adam said:

Berenguer, La Rocca,  and Birighitti with the Olyroos too ? 

I've just dealt with Birighitti. La Rocca is in the starting line-up. No mention of Berenguer - perhaps he's been dropped. Hasn't exactly set the world on fire has he?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I've just dealt with Birighitti. La Rocca is in the starting line-up. No mention of Berenguer - perhaps he's been dropped. Hasn't exactly set the world on fire has he?

hm, well lets see how good this Dukuly kid is.. apparently he's a winger 

58 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Im more concerned about the starting line up delbo, bort and larocca named back 3? Delb RB? as de laet playing as well

No way it’ll be back 3. That’s named every week then we play back 4.

De Laet on the wing I reckon, Dellie at right back. Wazza loves his left footed left side centre backs and he’s gone for La Rocca.

3 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

I heard today from someone who knows Berenguer’s wife ... I was told the family hasn’t settled (she doesn’t speak English). 

Also no Krishna for next week ... he just got a red against WSW 

I didn't think we played Wellington until 21st April?

1 minute ago, rayv36 said:

Why do we look like the team that’s travelled mid week to Japan when we’ve actually had a week off...

We always do. We rarely look creative. Too much focus on physical training and too little on playing with freedom and flair. Particularly under Joyce.