Melbourne Football

Besart Berisha

TheStig

Well our season is in the pits and I see newspaper articles that suggest that Joyce's job is under scrutiny.

BUT... maybe there is a solution.

A big hungry goal football devouring goalkicker is sitting on the sidelines at Sanfrecce. He is exactly the sort of focal point that our team could focus on and MacLaren could work effectively with. He's getting no game time at Sanfrecce so why not take a punt on him? Of course I'm talking about Berisha.

The only issue is whether we could recruit him given that the transfer window is closed. Could he be signed as an injury replacement and if so which current City player would we prefer to get injured to make way for him? Alternatively could Sanfrecce loan him to us for the remainder of the season?

Having Besart at the club, if only for 8 or so games would certainly generate a lot of interest.

cheers Peter

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Well our season is in the pits and I see newspaper articles that suggest that Joyce's job is under scrutiny.

A big hungry goal football devouring goalkicker is sitting on the sidelines at Sanfrecce. He is exactly the sort of focal point that our team could focus on and MacLaren could work effectively with. He's getting no game time at Sanfrecce so why not take a punt on him? Of course I'm talking about Berisha.

The only issue is whether we could recruit him given that the transfer window is closed. Could he be signed as an injury replacement and if so which current City player would we prefer to get injured to make way for him? Alternatively could Sanfrecce loan him to us for the remainder of the season?

Having Besart at the club, if only for 8 or so games would certainly generate a lot of interest.

cheers Peter

There's a reason he is sitting on the side lines..........hes a has been. 

4 hours ago, TheStig said:

cheers Peter

You what? Besart is not a solution to the Joyce problem. Joyce going is the solution.

Now we have Jmac and Bruno, we just need a leader on the sidelines who can set up to get the ball to their feet. They can do the rest.

Of course none of this will happen, though I am content letting Besart sit on the sidelines. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Look at it this way.

At the moment with the squad we have we have 0% chance of making the ACL 

Maybe with Berisha we might only have a 50% chance of making ACL qualification.  I know which odds I would prefer. 

Now that Besart isn't getting any game time he may be amenable to a short term loan deal.

It would also be handy to have an experienced forward who has tasted success.

Edited by TheStig

28 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Look at it this way.

Maybe with Berisha we might only have a 50% chance of making ACL qualification.  I know which odds I would prefer. 

Now that Besart isn't getting any game time he may be amenable to a short term loan deal.

I’m pretty certain we don’t have any cap space.

37 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Look at it this way.

Man what drugs are you smoking??? No chance in hell we will get berisha nor do we want/need him! 

Jog on

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

Look at it this way.

If we signed Messi and Ronaldo we would still have 0% making ACL qualification. 

Like the sentiment but a decent troll post requires a touch of reality. 

• Like 1

You what? Besart is not a solution to the Joyce problem. Joyce going is the solution.

Now we have Jmac and Bruno, we just need a leader on the sidelines who can set up to get the ball to their feet. They can do the rest.

Of course none of this will happen, though I am content letting Besart sit on the sidelines.

???

Yes we have Jmac but last time I looked Bruno was sitting up in the stands and I don;t know that a change of manager would change that state of affairs.

14 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Great thread! Full marks for irony.

I’m sure somewhere in the world there is a potential worse signing, just can’t think of any right now.

Aloisi as coach, and Maicon or Maltese Messi as strikers? Marcel Mewiess as a defender, our version of Redders as GK, actually, there's a long, sad, sorry list. Even so, signing Berisha would be the last straw for me

23 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Aloisi as coach, and Maicon or Maltese Messi as strikers? Marcel Mewiess as a defender, our version of Redders as GK, actually, there's a long, sad, sorry list. Even so, signing Berisha would be the last straw for me

The fact the club made him an offer was almost enough for me. Still leaves me bewildered how they seriously don't get their own supporter base. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

The fact the club made him an offer was almost enough for me. Still leaves me bewildered how they seriously don't get their own supporter base. 

I just don't think I could ever see myself cheering this wanker on if he ever stepped out for us.

Couldn't think of anything worse tbh...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

Eh...I wouldn’t have minded it. 

It would’ve spiced up the derby and given the rivalry a new feel. There have been a few defections but this one would’ve been very interesting.  

Now that we have Maclaren though, Berisha is the last player we need. I think he’s past it anyway. 

It would have for sure. Would be the first time both supporter groups boo a player together haha

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheStig said:

???

Yes we have Jmac but last time I looked Bruno was sitting up in the stands and I don;t know that a change of manager would change that state of affairs.

It wont happen - just should happen over us bringing in Berisha, which should definitely not happen. I know bruno is gone even when Joyce pisses off. A lasting legacy of the damage Joyce costs us every time Bruno puts the ball in the back of the net. Knowing our luck it will be Kilkenny delivering the goods only rubbing further salt into our deep wounds.