Melbourne Football

The Most Anticipated Derby in Melb Derby History. Sat 23/2 @ Marvel 7:50pm

Dylan

31 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Thank fuck I went to the lonsdale st festival

Why don't you just fuk off hey? You don't even have the testicles to front up to a game when the team needs it's supporters most. 

You're a fraud, competely. But no doubt you'll be back when we start winning, telling everyone how long a fan you have been.

Club needs supporters, not pretenders who proudly come on here to let us know you're not here and then kick the boots in.

We suck, simple as that.   Lucky neidermier gave us a hand in at least getting a goal.  no other point in the match was I confident we would score.

Jamo gives me hope that I can drink a bottle of wine and still find someones head with a cross.  He has to be the most unimpactful player on the field.  Bench him, give a youngster a go. he is shite.  

Baccus must be the best ball player in the league.  He has amazing touch in tight spaces.  Shame that the bloody idiot can only pass backwards and sideways.  totally pointless. he cant tackle, he cant play forward. He sure can get our pointless stats up though.

Give Birrighiti a go. Eugene cost us that game.  One time he is tested, he mucks it.

Why on gods earth are we spraying balls in the air to jmac?? How stupid can these players be in a game to recognise that?  They all play totally scared to take risks (im guessing down to joyce).

Curtis should stick to heading and tackling, positive any ball he tries to pay forward is a give away to the other team.

Griffiths must be resigned.  Big F**ker that wins headers and tackles, and apparently a half decent shot.  He must play every week.

Florin, does well in the first half, drawing fouls and taking men on.  Second half, gets on the ball in good positions doesnt have an end product.  

Lets hope joyce gets the kick.  Everyone can see it.

• Like 1

I was there tonight. Happy we got away with a draw it isn’t easy beating Victory with a men down. We threw all we had at them = NOT.

Joyce Out, he lost the players.

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I know people will disagree, but with just an ounce of luck we would not have dropped points there. Hit the woodwork twice with Lawrence completely beaten, and a total brain-fade from Galekovic gifting them a goal.

Yes very unpopular, we showed no urgency and no passion - you are taking about some wild guessed shot out of the box who the wood work. What else did we create? You are talking like this was were clear cut out changes we created.

Edited by Mr MO

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I was there tonight. Happy we got away with a draw it isn’t easy beating Victory with a men down. We threw all we had at them = NOT.

Joyce Out, he lost the players.

Yes very unpopular, we showed no urgency and no passion - you are taking about some wild guessed shots out of the box who the wood work. What else did we create? You are talking like those were clear cut out changes we created.

Edited by Mr MO

A Joyce inspired masterclass in sterile possession, timid coaching and low-intensity safe unimaginative football. Everything wrong with Joyce's style and tactics on show in one game

Positive:

doubled our points total from 8 games tonight. That's 2 points from a possible 24

We didn't lose

Hopefully, #JoyceOut's last game

Negatives:

No intensity and no discernible plan against 10 players. No tactical adjustment from Joyce who kept 2 DMs until well into the second half.

Poor use of the bench subs, McGree should have subbed on earlier

1 shot on target for the match and that was a pen, so not a single shot on target from open play

Didn't create an attacking overload all night

Didn't exploit space

Slow ball speed, too many backward passes. Timid and unimaginative with no creativity, Joyce's 2 years crystalised into one game

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I know people will disagree, but with just an ounce of luck we would not have dropped points there. Hit the woodwork twice with Lawrence completely beaten, and a total brain-fade from Galekovic gifting them a goal.

This is true. After all that had only 1 shot, we had upwards of 10, however I personally felt that a 1-1 we showed no urgency and were not able to take advantage of our extra man. 

I thought Baccus was filling a useful role at 11 v 11, but when we had the advantage he wasn’t, yet the manager did nothing.

Ultimately I think “you make your own luck” and we didn’t try hard enough to conjure something.

#joyceout

• Like 2

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/victory-see-red-but-steal-draw-from-city-20190223-p50zug.html

“But too often a lack of urgency in the forward third and a tendency to pass the ball backwards and sideways prevented City from exploiting their numerical advantage.”

Lynchy summed up season in one sentence.

• Like 2

Before the game 1:1 was an awesome result. Being 1:0 and against 10 men for 70 minutes is an absolute bottle job. 

To play with 2 holding midfielders and 4 at the back is just idiotic, we got we deserved.

But a point is the end result and tomorrow it won't be so bad.

I hope.

• Like 1

That game epitomises Jamo. He saw so much of the ball and went backward 99% of the time. Completely stifled any forward play we had. It's why he is an average at best aleague player. 

Galekovic cost us that with a shocking mistake at his near post. 

Prior to the game I'd take the draw. But a disappointing result considering how the game played out. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yes very unpopular, we showed no urgency and no passion - you are taking about some wild guessed shot out of the box who the wood work. What else did we create? You are talking like this was were clear cut out changes we created.

Bahahahaha what a load of crap. Seriously between you and @HeartFc and so many others on here, you actually have no idea at all at what was happening out there.

We made victory look like shit in the first half. They had 0 shots, lost most 1 on1 challenges and had just one game plan - to kick blindly forward and hope like fuck Barbarouses wasn't off-side and could run onto it. We on the other hand, had several shots, bossed the play and by rights, could easily have been 3-0 at the break. There were dummies, dribbles, etc - but no goal apart from the pen, which might be news for some, was not lucky and totally deserved.

Second half was like most other games we play against shit teams. They had 3 minutes of OK play. They scored thanks to some attempted miskicked cut back that galeko thought would be a good idea to knock into the net. 

After that, they sat very deep. We had huge amounts of ball, especially around the periphery of the box. The reason we play so slow and backwards is because our midfield by default release the ball out wide and then instead of getting into the box, they step back and take up defensive positions. Griffiths in particular needs to get his arse in. Too often, the opportunity opens up to put a cross in but it's only 3ft tall maclaren in the box with 6 navy shirts around him. So we turn and recycle snd start all over again. The Vidosic move was the right one but too late.

Any coach with half an attacking clue can tweak out team pretty easily and will reap results immediately. Can't wait for that new coach to come.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rass said:

Why don't you just fuk off hey? You don't even have the testicles to front up to a game when the team needs it's supporters most. 

You're a fraud, competely. But no doubt you'll be back when we start winning, telling everyone how long a fan you have been.

Club needs supporters, not pretenders who proudly come on here to let us know you're not here and then kick the boots in.

This club is going nowhere under Joyce. Whether 10, 100 or 10,000 fans are in the stands.

Good luck to the people that think attending matches to watch that shit is an effective use of their free time.

For me, it's not always about the result, it's about playing the best team, attractive football and giving yourself a chance to succeed.

That will not happen under this manager. And fans are voting with their feet!

1 minute ago, Habitual said:

This club is going nowhere under Joyce. Whether 10, 100 or 10,000 fans are in the stands.

Good luck to the people that think attending matches to watch that shit is an effective use of their free time.

For me, it's not always about the result, it's about playing the best team, attractive football and giving yourself a chance to succeed.

That will not happen under this manager. And fans are voting with their feet!

Yes maybe, but do you jump on here and proudly gloat about not being there and how shit we are?

Just now, rass said:

Yes maybe, but do you jump on here and proudly gloat about not being there and how shit we are?

Well it doesn't help living in Queensland now. :D

But did I switch over to the Darts after they scored? Yep!

I did attend Suncorp to watch that shit show though. (The infamous Bruno night).

And tbh, not much has changed. Stick a fork in City!

As expected against 10 players, we did control the game by controlling possession and limiting them to speculative counter attacks.

I could feel the momentum shift slightly after half time and when they got their goal, they sat back and counter attacked. That’s all they needed to do and they did it too easily. 

After that, the onus was on us to throw everything at them to regain the lead. All we could do was play keeping off around their box. A few shots from distance and a few crosses just isn’t good enough. 

We have the quality there but we need a manager that can use the talent at his disposal. We need someone who can bring some flair and creativity to our football. 

8 minutes ago, hyperfuzz said:

Haven’t felt so disconnected from this team since signing up in the foundation days.

Yes, we all feel that way but faq me, let's just give it a rest and see out the rest of the season with Wazza, till he faqs off, and next season start playing some good football.... I hope.

20 minutes ago, rass said:

Bahahahaha what a load of crap. Seriously between you and @HeartFc and so many others on here, you actually have no idea at all at what was happening out there.

We made victory look like shit in the first half. They had 0 shots, lost most 1 on1 challenges and had just one game plan - to kick blindly forward and hope like fuck Barbarouses wasn't off-side and could run onto it. We on the other hand, had several shots, bossed the play and by rights, could easily have been 3-0 at the break. There were dummies, dribbles, etc - but no goal apart from the pen, which might be news for some, was not lucky and totally deserved.

Second half was like most other games we play against shit teams. They had 3 minutes of OK play. They scored thanks to some attempted miskicked cut back that galeko thought would be a good idea to knock into the net. 

After that, they sat very deep. We had huge amounts of ball, especially around the periphery of the box. The reason we play so slow and backwards is because our midfield by default release the ball out wide and then instead of getting into the box, they step back and take up defensive positions. Griffiths in particular needs to get his arse in. Too often, the opportunity opens up to put a cross in but it's only 3ft tall maclaren in the box with 6 navy shirts around him. So we turn and recycle snd start all over again. The Vidosic move was the right one but too late.

Any coach with half an attacking clue can tweak out team pretty easily and will reap results immediately. Can't wait for that new coach to come.

We made a team with 10 men for 75 minutes look shit? Define look shit.... Thomas had nothing to do. 

Yeah mate I had no idea what was happening out there yet you couldn't pick up on an obvious and very smart tactical change Muscat made in regards to lobbing the ball long to Barbarous. You think that wasn't intentional and ultimately a great tactic? Its called damage control, playing the percentages and utilising a very dangerous Kosta in a position where he could nick a lucky goal. Muscat out coached Joyce while behind the 8 ball and well done to him, he made changes straight away and had a plan.

You embarrassed yourself earlier because you said we were playing well in the first half, which we were not and I voiced my disagreement. We then copped goal 5 minutes later.. but yeah I got no idea. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

We made a team with 10 men for 75 minutes look shit? Define look shit.... Thomas had nothing to do. 

Yeah mate I had no idea what was happening out there yet you couldn't pick up on an obvious and very smart tactical change Muscat made in regards to lobbing the ball long to Barbarous. You think that wasn't intentional and ultimately a great tactic? Its called damage control, playing the percentages and utilising a very dangerous Kosta in a position where he could nick a lucky goal. Muscat out coached Joyce while behind the 8 ball and well done to him, he made changes straight away and had a plan.

You embarrassed yourself earlier because you said we were playing well in the first half, which we were not and I voiced my disagreement. We then copped goal 5 minutes later.. but yeah I got no idea. 

Yep. You made your comment at half time before their goal. You think by half time we weren't out playing them hey... And I'm embarrassing myself. 

And you pretty much just said their tactic was playing for a lucky goal. They had 0 shots on goal all night. Their goal wasnt even a shot. But apparently that's outcoaching. Look if you think Muscat is so amazing, good luck to you. But all they did was sit back and lob. 

We beat ourselves, they didn't do anything special at all.

Anyway, I'm fukn filthy we didn't win that,.

1 hour ago, rass said:

If you can't flog your rivals with 10 men for 75min you don't deserve to be in the top 6. Joyce is the biggest flog in world football?!!? 

To serve up shit game after game is fkn embarrassing. 

I'm certain Joyce got his tactics whilst on a beach watching crabs walk sideways and backwards 

Positives :

- Jmac 3 from 3 

- first time as Heart/City , we've kept victory winless against us in a season

- wE DoMiNatEd PoSsEsSioN

Negatives :

- Joyce won't get sacked because we didn't lose tonight

- Managed to not win against 10 men for 79 minutes 

- 13 shots, 1 on target, 9 off target  

- Birighitti is still on bench 

In all honesty, a loss tonight would've made much more sense because not only did we play against 10 men and drew, the fact that we wasted so many chances has cost us to not win games like this...and thanks to Wazza's tactics we've managed to make the game look like it was 11 v 11, Galekovic in no shape or form his best when compared to his earlier games with us..time and time again we wonder if Birighitti will play a game for us, rumour has it that he wanted to leave and its totally understandable.. when a 37 year old keeper benches a 27 year old you know its the HAL, unless you're Buffon... my prediction is if we keep this winless run then we might just miss out on the finals and we'll finally see Joyce out the doors,

funny to see that JVS posted a pic about the derby last night to only watch one of the worst coached games by Wazza, it's time to let go coach ...maybe he could learn a few from the Melburnians 

#WazzaOut 

5 hours ago, rass said:

Good to read that so many others on this forum including myself have no idea what we are talking about.

I hope you are all happy with 1-1 result against a 10 men team, which of course we bossed around but yet created nothing. I guess we were just unlucky.

• Like 3

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2019/feb/23/a-league-melbourne-victory-v-melbourne-city-live

9h ago22:04

Warren Joyce: “We’ve come here wanting to win the game [of course]. The only pressure on me is the pressure you put on yourself. [The sending off] disrupted our play and press [heck, how unfair that is, we found ourselves a man up and had no plan B]. [Barbarouses’ goal] is not really a shot [so what]. I just think he’s hit it as hard as he can. [wouldn't any self respecting forward who finds themselves in that position ????]

Please Wazza, stop this fluffery and jog on  :hkpalm:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

Positives :

- Jmac 3 from 3 

- first time as Heart/City , we've kept victory winless against us in a season

- wE DoMiNatEd PoSsEsSioN

Negatives :

- Joyce won't get sacked because we didn't lose tonight

- Managed to not win against 10 men for 79 minutes 

- 13 shots, 1 on target, 9 off target  

- Birighitti is still on bench 

In all honesty, a loss tonight would've made much more sense because not only did we play against 10 men and drew, the fact that we wasted so many chances has cost us to not win games like this...and thanks to Wazza's tactics we've managed to make the game look like it was 11 v 11, Galekovic in no shape or form his best when compared to his earlier games with us..time and time again we wonder if Birighitti will play a game for us, rumour has it that he wanted to leave and its totally understandable.. when a 37 year old keeper benches a 27 year old you know its the HAL, unless you're Buffon... my prediction is if we keep this winless run then we might just miss out on the finals and we'll finally see Joyce out the doors,

funny to see that JVS posted a pic about the derby last night to only watch one of the worst coached games by Wazza, it's time to let go coach ...maybe he could learn a few from the Melburnians 

#WazzaOut 

We kept Victory winless in the 2011/2012 season.

It is however the first time Victory have been kept to only one shot (which imo shouldn't even be recorded as such).

Regardless #JoyceOut

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

V Perth next Sun - no Delbo, Bart or Da Laet. On Good and Jamo. Who will be our other CB and RB? Atkinson or Pieras perhaps?

Poor performance overall. Looks bad for Joyce losing from a 0-1 and up a player. Hopefully thats the nail in the coffin

Larocca will play CB

• Thanks 1

Turned out better than expected tbh, be we should have buried them though, shows that you can't score if the shot isn't on target. So we are holding onto 6th spot by the one point.

Adelaide play Welnix, it could go either way, if Adelaide win(4 points between them and us) we remain in 6th, if it's a draw or the Nix win we are down to 7th.

Have we ever finished below 6th? I know we have been there abouts in the heart day's, but I can't remember missing out on finals.

14 minutes ago, moops said:

Turned out better than expected tbh, be we should have buried them though, shows that you can't score if the shot isn't on target. So we are holding onto 6th spot by the one point.

Adelaide play Welnix, it could go either way, if Adelaide win(4 points between them and us) we remain in 6th, if it's a draw or the Nix win we are down to 7th.

Have we ever finished below 6th? I know we have been there abouts in the heart day's, but I can't remember missing out on finals.

We finished last in our last year as heart, I think we only made finals once as heart

We havnt missed finals as city though 

Edited by neio
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, moops said:

Just to clarify, I think you're talking about 5th and not 6th.

We're still 7 points ahead of Jets in 7th, who are away to Adelaide today.